ITV v BBC

All discussion relating to the (next) big one including qualifying groups/matches.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, Rio, Gnome, chalks

Re: ITV v BBC

Postby hamstas_paradise on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:25 am

:thup: That's a useful comparison of the time delays.... Especially if you are betting in play!

On the pundits.... One of the newspapers compared the BBC to the banter you get in the pub, as they are so relaxed with each other (which is where Lineker excels) and the ITV as stiffer like a dinner party with people who don't each other well. Generally I find the BBC panel for the big games more enjoyable.

Onthe plus side for ITV Bilic speaks his mind and Gary Neville is usually astute but he annoyed me yesterday trying to blame the keeper for Russia's first goal. he said it was a yard and a half inside the post and 'Courtois would have got it'. Firstly, Courtois is a giant, and second when it crossed the line it was close to the post, the curl meant it had come back inside a lot by the time it hit the net. I thought Neville made himself look churlish with that comment.
hamstas_paradise

Postby Westbourne Bill on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:04 am

Yep, some of Neville's criticism of keepers when conceding goals is ridiculous.

John Champion with McCoist on ITV is my favourite commentary combo.
Westbourne Bill

Postby 1966 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Trouble with many pundits is they have limited vocab. "He stuck the ball in the back of the net" need only be "he scored" yet they repeat it over and over again.

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Martin Keown sounds like a thick bumpkin. Terrible co-commentary. :thdn:
westham,eggyandchips

Postby brothernero on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:01 pm

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Martin Keown sounds like a thick bumpkin. Terrible co-commentary. :thdn:

He is always shocking. At one point he had a go at the Croatia player for time wasting. Er Martin they were losing at the time in the World Cup Final, why on earth would he be time wasting.
brothernero

Postby brothernero on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:30 pm

The BBC are obsessed with the rain, they have mentioned it about 2000 times. :lol:
brothernero

Previous

Return to The 2018 World Cup Finals