England v Iceland....

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: England v Iceland....

Post by Puff Daddy »

Viking_Hammer wrote:I think this Geordie hits the nail on the head:

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_lin ... re%3Dshare

Hard to disagree with him. If it's passion you want, could a lot worse than him for the job . He talks sense
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Neville and Lewington seem to have been let off very lightly on this whole debacle in which they both had a huge input.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2425 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

If Leicester can win the PL then England can win a major tournament. We just need to play to our strengths and not kid ourselves that we can play pass and move as good as the big teams.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

uptonparkhurst wrote:[whatever system you play the players must be technically skilled enough to move the ball quickly and to receive the ball under pressure. We are still way behind Spain, Italy and Germany, judging by results in this tournament.
Most teams these days are very fit and press relentlessly. Reverting to our traditional "up-and-at-em"
approach will only get us so far.
Absolutely right, and I'll add continually moving into space to receive the ball - something which England are shocking at, as are West Ham most of the time.
westhamshares
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by westhamshares »

interesting to note that in the verbal tirade the geordie mentions if you listen carefully, antonio who really was a player that england needed as on his ownhe could change a game

although noble is not unfortunately really international class he would have died for the england cause which could not be said of the dicks who were picked and again would have been a better choice than that appropriately named dier.

if there is one lesson to be learnt England wont pick so many spurs players in the future they bottled it like they do every season in the league
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

International class.

Perhaps the most delusional and pointless description of talent there is. Don't fall for it my friend. If you're a premier league player, you're international class. If you're a championship player, you may well be international class. It just depends on the national team. And it depends on how well you can execute a specific tactical task as to whether you are good enough.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Spot on FJ

Are the Icelandics 'international Class'? How many would start in a Premier League game?
Zman39
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Zman39 »

fjthegrey wrote:International class.

Perhaps the most delusional and pointless description of talent there is. Don't fall for it my friend. If you're a premier league player, you're international class. If you're a championship player, you may well be international class. It just depends on the national team. And it depends on how well you can execute a specific tactical task as to whether you are good enough.
Exactly. Cuadrado from Colombia is a great example. One of the most important players on a very good Colombia team but looked crap for Chelsea
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Exactly. Cuadrado from Colombia is a great example. One of the most important players on a very good Colombia team but looked crap for Chelsea[/quote]

Could almost say the same about Valencia.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

phil jones is an international class central midfielder.

let that one sink in.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

International class is not enough to describe the talents of some however...

In all seriousness I completely agree that "international class" is a crock of ****, it doesn't really mean anything.

An international class manager, however, is something a bit different.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

fjthegrey wrote:International class.

Exactly. noble not 'International class'. Do me a favour.