England v Iceland....

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Re: England v Iceland....

Post by Viking_Hammer »

I´m so proud, so very very proud. Even though I´m half English and my dad calls me a traitor I supported Iceland all the way tonight.

The countries gone bonkers btw.

And to those earlier in the thread giving it large about getting such an "easy" draw 8-)

Sorry but I think I´m allowed to gloat a little tonight
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Morocco Mole wrote:The worst England manager in my lifetime. 5 wasted years.
that encapsulates the situation perfectly, woy has wasted 5 years of international development, prevented some very decent players of getting international football and he's lost every competition he's entered
nul points
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Viking_Hammer wrote:I´m so proud, so very very proud. Even though I´m half English and my dad calls me a traitor I supported Iceland all the way tonight.

And to those earlier in the thread giving it large about getting such an "easy" draw 8-)

Yes you are and you also have every reason to be proud
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Viking_Hammer wrote:I´m so proud, so very very proud. Even though I´m half English and my dad calls me a traitor I supported Iceland all the way tonight.

And to those earlier in the thread giving it large about getting such an "easy" draw

Gloat away mate, :thup:
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

I hate to admit this but deep down I think I wanted Iceland to win tonight. I've just come back from France and have watched Iceland twice in the competition so far - in Saint Etienne vs Portugal and in Marseille vs Hungary. I was incredibly impressed at how organised the team was and how much work ethic your players put into the game. I could tell every player knew exactly what their role was at all times, a credit to the coaching staff. Only one mistake was made by the left back to let a player inside him for the Hungary equaliser. Apart from that you were almost perfect in both the games. You were one of 15 teams I got to see while I was out there, and you were my favourites.

And I just love that chant you do:
Ooooooooh
Ooooooooh
Ooooooooh.......

I am embarrassed to admit that I cheered both your goals tonight as they went in. We were so bad that it was funny, but maybe your team helped to make us look that bad. You thoroughly deserved the victory tonight. Congratulations and good luck in the next round vs France, I think it will be a close game.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Viking_Hammer wrote:The countries gone bonkers btw.
what, both you and your mum?

:D
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Between the behaviour of elements of the fans, and the performance of the team, this is the worst performance in living memory. Beating Wales with a last minute goal the only high point, the rest was a mess.

Roy Hodgson has to take the blame on this one. His squad was never set up to actually play, let alone play to win the tournament. The decisions to take some players baffling, and the decision to stick with others equally so. This result will set England back some way.

I recall after our game yesterday, the commentator on ITV said that France would be likely to face England next Sunday. That was the complacency. It was unacceptable, and it has come home to roost.
Viking_Hammer

Post by Viking_Hammer »

sjb958 wrote: I am embarrassed to admit that I cheered both your goals tonight as they went in. We were so bad that it was funny, but maybe your team helped to make us look that bad. You thoroughly deserved the victory tonight. Congratulations and good luck in the next round vs France, I think it will be a close game.
Thanks mate :thup: , at the moment I´m looking at all ways to get to France to see the match on Sunday as is the rest of the country....
warp wrote: what, both you and your mum?
LOL, 1-2 was it? hehe
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Tell you what mate ****ing good luck to you,thoroughly deserved that win, got a soft spot for your mob, would love to see them go all the way
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

Viking_Hammer wrote: Thanks mate :thup: , at the moment I´m looking at all ways to get to France to see the match on Sunday as is the rest of the country....
http://www.viagogo.com/Sports-Tickets/I ... ls-Tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Only' £180 on here at the moment. Not as expensive as I thought given that the home nation is involved. Probably a lot of England fans trying to shift their tickets.
Viking_Hammer

Post by Viking_Hammer »

sjb958 wrote:
http://www.viagogo.com/Sports-Tickets/I ... ls-Tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Only' £180 on here at the moment. Not as expensive as I thought given that the home nation is involved. Probably a lot of England fans trying to shift their tickets.
Thanks for that link :thup:
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

Iceland showed what you can achieve with some passion and a good manager.

England had neither.

Their win was absolutely deserved, and could have been by a bigger margin.
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

Good luck to ya mate.

Your team completely out-thought and out-performed our shambles-of-a-team tonight...so you should be proud and overjoyed.

We're used to going out in tournaments so we're not exactly surprised tbh. No wins outside England in knockout Euro tournament football...EVER....says it all really doesn't it?

I've met a few Icelandic people in my lifetime and they've all been really great people. Knew a girl many moons ago from Iceland too and she was sweet (insanely cute too :wink:).

Good luck going forward in the Euros... but PLEASE don't crock our beloved Payet in the process!!
Last edited by Iron-on-transfer on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

The_Dead_Ball wrote:Bet365 has Billic at 25-1
Bet365 can suck my left nut
Messiah

Post by Messiah »

Probably already posted but this has really made me laugh.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

Embarrassments of Europe on more than one stage.
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by stammer »

Brexit followed by a brrrrrexit who'd have had on their slips?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

That's twice within a matter of days the over 65's have taken us out of Europe
FrostyLemon

Post by FrostyLemon »

Lol told everyone I knew that this team would get through the groups and go out straight away. The writing was on the wall when he took wilshere, sterling, and henderson who have all had iffy/non existent seasons.has made me more convinced than ever that someone else is picking the team. Then to say that formations don't win you games players do...

http://video.eurosport.com/football/roy ... ideo.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just proves the man is an idiot. You only have to look at the Spain vs Italy game to see that superstars can't break through a well drilled team. In the same year that ****ing Leicester wins the league too.

Absolute moron.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

The most damning part of it is that the vast majority of people seem unsurprised