Wales v Northern Ireland

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

WCpete
Has liked: 1396 likes
Total likes: 3055 likes

Re: Wales v Northern Ireland

Post by WCpete »

Bring on Ginge!
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 505 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Arm looks in a bad way......pick on him Norn!
WCpete
Has liked: 1396 likes
Total likes: 3055 likes

Post by WCpete »

This is a big f*** up by Coleman. He should have had Ginge ready by now.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

It looks like Ashley W has broken his arm!
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1703 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Claretdave wrote:It looks like Ashley W has broken his arm!
Or knackered his shoulder, either i'd imagine Ginge will start next game
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

Claretdave wrote:It looks like Ashley W has broken his arm!
Looks like a dislocated shoulder. Coleman wanted him off but he didn't want to go. It's fine being brave but if he was beaten in the air for a goal it wouldn't have looked so good.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Wanted N Ireland to win that one.
Now we have to listen to Bale bleat on about the passion of the Welsh for a few more days.
Although thought that Williams was very lucky not to get at least a yellow early on in the game with the forearm smash on of the NI players.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

That was possibly the crappest game I've seen in this Euros so far. Not that I would have given a **** if I was Welsh, granted.
Noble Man
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Noble Man »

Gutted... Was there to be won. NI shut the chimpanzee out all game and the only decent cross he put in resulted in a shocker.

Still proud of my wee country and all we have done to get there and when we were there.

As for the Will Grigg song.... FFS lighten up!! It's a bit of fun.

We know we're not the best, we may not have the best players but we never gave up and, believe me, they gave so many in NI such a great time. They come home defeated but heros....
Denbighammer
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

What a terrible game of football.

You can see Bale has been learning from Ronaldo - he referees the game as well as plays in it too.
Noble Man
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Noble Man »

For the neutrals it probably wasn't the greatest.... Much like the neutrals watching the England games which have been poor... And that's being nice!!
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Noble Man wrote:Gutted... Was there to be won. NI shut the chimpanzee out all game and the only decent cross he put in resulted in a shocker.

Still proud of my wee country and all we have done to get there and when we were there.

We know we're not the best, we may not have the best players but we never gave up and, believe me, they gave so many in NI such a great time. They come home defeated but heros....
You should be proud and you can hold your heads up high. I was rooting for you today and a bit of bad luck undone you.

The wankfest over Bales cross was a little tedious. Yes it was a good cross but world class this, world class that. Yawn.
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

WorcesterWHU wrote:That was possibly the crappest game I've seen in this Euros so far. Not that I would have given a **** if I was Welsh, granted.
Yeah. I'm Welsh and couldn't give a f***. Ground out a win when we weren't at our best. Fair play to Northern Ireland. They must have been gutted to lose that.
Got to say Coleman should have taken Williams off regardless of his desire to carry on. Could have cost us dearly and Ginge is a better player anyway.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

The only thing that annoys me about the Will Grigg song is that he doesn't even get on the pitch :?
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

Noble Man wrote:For the neutrals it probably wasn't the greatest.... Much like the neutrals watching the England games which have been poor... And that's being nice!!
The England games haven't been great because the teams playing them decided to shut up shop, it's impossible to have a good game if one of the teams decides otherwise. I'm not complaining about that as teams should do what is best for them but that's the reason for the poor games.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Noble Man wrote:Gutted... Was there to be won. NI shut the chimpanzee out all game and the only decent cross he put in resulted in a shocker.

The Northern Ireland fans were great entertainment and the side gave it a good go but ultimately they lost three of their four matches, failing to score in all of those defeats, and will be best remembered for a song about a player that didn't do anything.

As for shutting out Bale, three players were booked fouling him and he set up the goal. Every time Bale got the ball Northern Ireland were panicking, they were having to get three or four players to try and stop him and even then he was getting through at times.

I have to say I think James Chester has been fantastic this tournament and I can see why Ginge has been on the bench now.
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

thejackhammer wrote:The only thing that annoys me about the Will Grigg song is that he doesn't even get on the pitch
They are taking the piss.....exactly the bit where we are quite good at as well.
Or did you sing the Carlton Cole song or Dailly song because they were world class? :wink:
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Belgian Iron wrote: They are taking the piss.....exactly the bit where we are quite good at as well.
Or did you sing the Carlton Cole song or Dailly song because they were world class?

Well no, but at least they were on the pitch... Most of the time :D
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2597 likes
Total likes: 1730 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Broadband been down for the past week [ the donkey died ] so I'm just catching up .
Wales did what had to be done , Northern Ireland are a tough side to beat but beat them we did .

Belgium up next - after what they did to Hungary last night I don't hold out too much hope but there again I didn't think we'd end up topping the table .

Cymru Am Byth !!
Welsh Iron

Post by Welsh Iron »

Made the trip across to Paris on Saturday and what a weekend it was.

Not the best game of football you're ever likely to see but happy with the result.

The atmosphere amongst the fans before, during and after the game was first class, with everyone enjoying the occasion. Also met a group of English lads who had tickets & accommodation booked as they thought England would win the group :arry: and were going "just for the football". By the amount of beer they drank, the football wasn't all they were there for.

The fan zone afterwards, watching the Portugal game, was a sea of Welsh red in truth. A few Portuguese lads tried kicking of with someone or other but it was just handbags.

Belgium in the quarters? I hope Hazard pulled something/anything after last nights showing or we could be in a spot of bother.