Hungary v Belgium

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Re: Hungary v Belgium

Post by Jumby »

4-0 was harsh on Hungary, they have really impressed me, they had a go. I hope they push on from this tournament.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Best individual performance from a player in this tournament by an absolute mile.
szola
Has liked: 584 likes
Total likes: 344 likes

Post by szola »

Jumby wrote:4-0 was harsh on Hungary, they have really impressed me, they had a go. I hope they push on from this tournament.
Portugal and the Swiss in the group for the World Cup, only three players in the 36 + category.
They'll try to push on, but when you don't have one player in the top five leagues of Europe, playing week in week out, it's difficult. Even Iceland have a few star players :lol:

Don't think there was anything harsh about it at all.

Hungary just got absolutely football raped. Right in their bums.
szola

Post by szola »

Nah.

They went into the tournament without any pressure, and basically altered their style of play from the qualifiers. Medium intensity, ball to feet, every player bar centrehalves pushed up. Worked wonders in the group stage.

They were too tired to continue against possibly the best counter attacking team in the competition.
And the manager didn't alter their shape after five minutes, even when Belgium were pressing on the left, and getting chance after chance.

They'll be able to pull a Croatia '98 in the Qatar WC if they continue to develop.

Right, I agree, but absolutely none of that alters the fact that they got absolutely mullered.
szola

Post by szola »

Having watched the game, they were lucky to be one nill down at half time, and unlucky not to score before the 75th.