Italy v Spain

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

gooders

Re: Italy v Spain

Post by gooders »

Thought Italia Conte had a really well choreographed side.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

DAJE CAZZOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :scarfer:
SPAGNA A CASAAAAAAA!!!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

fratelli d'italia, italia s'e desta dell'elmo di scipio!!!! dove la vittoria!!! :D
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

WCpete wrote:I wouldn't bet against Italy vs Germany. It's a toss up in my mind. When you've got the top defense and keeper at club level in Europe as your battery at international level, you're going to be very difficult to beat.
Yeah, but what I'm most impressed with, is their slick moves going forward.

Like someone mentioned on here: it seems like they are defending with 10 men one second & suddenly they are at the other end of the pitch with 4 men in the opposing box. They could (& should) have scored a hatfull today.
WCpete
Has liked: 1396 likes
Total likes: 3055 likes

Post by WCpete »

Fully agree. And they're doing it with supposedly not to standard strikers. personally I've been impressed with both Eder and Pelle. Mostly I'm impressed with Conte.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

I took Puff's advice and got on Italy at 17/1.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

Germany have never beaten Italy in a major tournament, astounding really.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1179 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

De Rossi was stupidly good in this game.

Was surprised he got subbed but I thought he was easily MOTM. Absolutely dominated the middle.
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

fjthegrey wrote:De Rossi was stupidly good in this game.

Was surprised he got subbed but I thought he was easily MOTM. Absolutely dominated the middle.
It looked like he picked up a knock.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I just do not know how Chiellini keeps on doing it. Absurdly good yesterday as he is every time he puts on the blue jersey of the Azzurri and his reading of a situation defies all reasoning. Italy have a great chance now
nickkarkie
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

I dont know why defenders find it so difficult to defend, what Chiellini does is simple, he gets tight but not too tight, he goes with his runner, he watches the man on the ball and his own man at the same time, it's very easily to see where a midfielder is going to pass the ball, and as a defender you make the first move and you just concentrate.

Look at kyle walker the other day, if someone told kyle walker that they would give him a million pounds if he stayed with his man and didn't let him get goal side do you think he would have let him go, of course not, so why, as a professional footballer is he not capable of doing it. It is so basic but you see it time after time in the premier league
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 343 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I hope Italy is just down to the players and nothing to do with Conte, if he drills Chelsea this way I am not going to be happy....

Conte & Italy have been superb! For me, the total surprise package of this tournament.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

the three centre backs and the goalie playing together at club level, and who had all been managed previously by the same manager in the same systems for two seasons helps a lot!