Semi final 2: Germany v France (with Dimitri Payet)

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Haarlemammer
Has liked: 362 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Re: Semi final 2: Germany v France (with Dimitri Payet)

Post by Haarlemammer »

Was fortunate enough to be at the game last night (but wasn't me with the West Ham shirt). The Viking chant was orchestrated in the pre-match build up and both sides fans joined in - personally I saw it as a tribute to the Iceland fans and what they and the team brought to the tournament.
Atmosphere could not have been more different from the England Russia game. No tear gas, no riot police with dogs, no hint of trouble inside or outside the stadium before or after the game and no real need for segregation of fans.
Great level of noise during the game, even more so after the French went ahead.
Agree with others, Dimi had a quiet game and was rightly pulled in favour of Kante. Griezmann looked class throughout, but also thought Ozil & Kroos were the stand outs for the Germans.
Organization was mostly still chaotic - traffic was horrendous, ripped off by taxi driver, got back to the hotel at 01:00 and up again at 05:00 for my flight home.
This was France's first competitive game win against the Germans since 1958, according to my French colleagues there last night, so understandable that the atmosphere was euphoric after the win.
Rooting for France in the final and hoping to see Ronaldo cry...
An excellent day out.... :
Last edited by Haarlemammer on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

I still see pundits and fans alike, commenting on the game and still raising issues about the penalty decision :?
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

That Dave Franco little sh!ts gonna cost me my Payet bet. - what a player he is.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:I still see pundits and fans alike, commenting on the game and still raising issues about the penalty decision :?
It's hilarious how people can make a case that it wasn't a penalty, he deliberately put his hand forward to superman punch the ball
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:I still see pundits and fans alike, commenting on the game and still raising issues about the penalty decision :?
The pundits had an off day. Schweinsteiger was a complete idiot - he knew what he was doing and it was a nailed on penalty.

But not only that, the pundits kept mentioning the fact that they were battering the French. They didn't really create much though and in fairness, France had the better chances in the first half.

It was only after going 2-0 down that Germany actually created any decent chances.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

I love seeing the German national team lose at football.
Shame it doesn't happen more often.

Also a shame that a team featuring Ronaldo, Ricardo Carvalho and Pepe have got to the final.
COME ON FRANCE!
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

The Germans are such sore losers that their press is insinuating that the French players were doping and have pictures supposedly showing banned drugs in the French dressing room when they played Germany!