England World Cup squad

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

England World Cup squad

Post by steveyrockstar »

Gareth is supposed to be naming a 35-man provisional squad today and the 23-man squad on Weds.

Other than Hart (who's no longer ours anyway), I can't think there's a single Hammer anywhere near consideration. Kinda a shame we never signed Shelvey in Jan because a lot of people are raving about his recent performances.

Anyone expecting any big shocks/omissions/surprise inclusions?

Personally, I don't think Danny Wellbeck should be anywhere near the squad. Maybe a call-up for Ryan Sessegnon?

Lingard and Sterling have been the 2 English stars who I think have risen to prominence this year.
WestHamIFC

Re: England World Cup squad

Post by WestHamIFC »

Full squad:

http://www.thefa.com/england/mens-seniors/squad

Most glaring miss for me is Lallana, but I’m just relieved that Livermore is excluded!
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

That squad is absolute banter.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Amazed that Loftus-Cheek is going ahead of Shelvey and Wilshere, and surprised that Smalling is missing.

From that squad I'd probably start with this 11 - it's a shame 'cos Vardy would love running onto Shelvey's Quarter-Back style passing and there's a glaring lack of creativity in our midfield:

------------ ------------ Vardy ------------ Kane ------------ ------------
------------ ------------ ------------ Sterling ------------ ------------ ------------
Young ------------ Delph ------------ Henderson ------------ Alexander-Arnold
------------ Jones ------------ Stones ------------ Walker ------------
------------ ------------ ------------ Pope ------------ ------------ ------------