#4 Portugal 3-3 Spain ~ Group B

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Re: Portugal v Spain Match thread~ Group B

Post by szola »

carnage wrote:De Gea is by a distance the best keeper I have seen play in England and there is nobody better in World football.
Gianluca Buffon is still better
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

bristolhammerfc wrote:Ronaldo is a great player, but for me not one of the greatest.

For creativity, again in an era of a much more even game rules wise, Maradonna, Hadji, Socrates, Platini would all be above him.

In terms of finishers, Van Basten, Klinsmann, Rummenigge, Cruyff and even Cantona would be above him.

I think the game favours the forward now which is more the pity.
But not many in that list could do both where Ronaldo can.

Maradona is still the best player ever for me. When he dribbled it was like he had it on a string. He seemed to apply backspin to the ball with every touch.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

brothernero wrote:Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlton Cole. Three of the greatest off all time.
Hersey! Burn him! The Overchuffed one stands alone. To mention these imposters in the same sentence is a disgrace i tell thee.... :twisted: