90+ min goals

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

90+ min goals

Post by claretandblue82 »

So far there have been 20 goals scored in the 90+ minute mark. I can’t remember any tournament having so many late goals so early on! Are teams just going all out to get a result or is VAR making the game longer by making extra time for the decision making?
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Re: 90+ min goals

Post by pharaoh »

I thought there was too much time added on in the Germany game...9 minutes despite no significant stoppages. I suppose the 4th official is going to add time on for VAR checks but I wouldn't put it down to that. In the PL there also seems to be a lot of last minute goals as well.
continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

pharaoh wrote:I thought there was too much time added on in the Germany game...9 minutes despite no significant stoppages. I suppose the 4th official is going to add time on for VAR checks but I wouldn't put it down to that. In the PL there also seems to be a lot of last minute goals as well.
It was actually six minutes that were signalled, and before the clock had started running down on those, South Korea scored and it went to VAR. By the time the game restarted, three minutes of added time were already gone and the referee clearly told Müller that he would still play the six minutes originally awarded.

They do all seem to be adding on a minimum of five minutes to every second half, though, and I guess that ups the chances of late goals being scored.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Yesterday's 6 minutes was farcical.

0 goals, a few subs, minimal stoppages. I said in another thread that one of my pet hates is when they don't add enough stoppage, but this went the other way (surprise, surprise) and was absolutely ridiculous.