#58 Brazil 1-2 Belgium ~ Quarter Finals

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Re: #58 Brazil v Belgium ~ Quarter Finals - Match thread

Post by Clucking Bell »

Pity we didn't see Neymar in tears at the end. That ruined an otherwise good game for me.

On that side of the draw, Belgium are getting results despite not playing particularly well in any game while France seem to be steadily improving and I'd expect them to shade it in the semis.

England v France final anyone?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I dunno, Belgium looked pretty effective in that first half, to me. Pace, power, purpose, balance. I’m not betting against them
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Clucking Bell wrote:Belgium are getting results despite not playing particularly well in any game
Tough crowd!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The Belgians are playing with a nice mix of physicality, pace and some outstanding technical ability.

Got a feeling they'll go Dutch and lose in the Final if they make it, mind.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Think that they should have made the sub(s) a lot earlier even if only to break up Brasil's tempo.....
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Clucking Bell wrote:Belgium are getting results despite not playing particularly well in any game
James P wrote:Tough crowd!
Fair enough James, I didn't express myself particularly well :D What I actually meant is that their best players who are also the superstars at club level like Hazard and De Bruyne are not playing as well as they typically do for Chelsea and City. Lots of passes going astray and they could have probably won the game more comfortably than they did if the final ball had been up to their usual standards.

On the other hand, Fellaini looks ten times better than the arse who trundles around for Man U and, if we're looking for an actual winger, we could do worse than call Chadli's agent.

Their 'three at the back' is a bit like England's though, an accident is waiting to happen.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Neymar is only mentioned in the same breath as Messi & Ronaldo because FIFA & their sponsors need a Brazilian in there.

The bloke isn’t even in the same league as Modric as an actual footballer, let alone those two.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I thought Lukaku was ****ing immense for Belgium last night, a monster, an absolute beast. Brazil's left back was scared stiff of this big black man running at him
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

He was a lokomotiv. That was a great run for their goal. He could have scored the third if Hazard had put a better cross in. He came across well in the presser. He spoke three languages and seems like he is a unifying force with his team. Hazard held the ball and won fouls in the second half. Courtois was outstanding. Kompany, Witsel, Chadli and Elbows played well.
I should have put money on them as I had the score on page 1 and thought they were certs for at least the semis. Could be an epic match with the frogs.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

They collected Neymar....and are now heading out for a few pints