Where are you watching?

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Re: Where are you watching?

Post by FreeWheeling »

son in law did not turn up but my mate did, just put 26 empty beer cans in the recycle bin :D Burp!
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

pablo jaye wrote:Another who will be taking sneaky peaks at their phone during the game - it’s my daughter’s 18th and we are having a bit of a family do. In some ways, I’m quite looking forward to that - if we lose, my afternoon won’t have been spoiled and if we win, I’ll have the semi-final to look forward to. To be honest, I enjoy the excitement of the build up to the game more than the game sometimes and have enjoyed all of the ‘it’s coming home’ stuff ont’ tinterweb over the past few days. Will record it and watch if we win, naturally!!
What a result ... both for the game and watching!! My 98 yr old Grandad was here and is a big football fan. My daughter thought that he may not see England do so well again, so didn’t mind us watching it ... v proud Dad!
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Think I am going to The Bull (Brentwood) on Weds, which I am hopeful will be good but not full of a few of the herberts I've heard of on the High St.

IF IF IF we make the final I will be watching in London, just not sure where. I have an idea in my head that if we win it'll be like a carnival up town
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Back to The Kings Stores for me. They put on a great day Saturday and we’ve booked an even larger area for Wednesday. Can’t wait.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Heading down to Weymouth, Rendezvous!
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

James P wrote:Back to The Kings Stores for me. They put on a great day Saturday and we’ve booked an even larger area for Wednesday. Can’t wait.
The King Stores is a decent boozer for football tbf
The Horseshoe in Clerkenwell has been a great option for the World Cup so far
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

James P wrote:Back to The Kings Stores for me. They put on a great day Saturday and we’ve booked an even larger area for Wednesday. Can’t wait.
Very good boozer.

Just heard that they're looking to set big screens up in Hyde Park for the final if we make it as well as something at our ground
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Denzil wrote:
Very good boozer.

Just heard that they're looking to set big screens up in Hyde Park for the final if we make it as well as something at our ground
If they are doing that, it really should be at Wembley shouldn't it ?
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Hyde Park just been announced for Wednesday. 30,000 free tickets available via ballot which opens at 4pm - midnight
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

Watched the Colombia game in the fanzone in Lausanne, the Sweden one in the fanzone in Nyon (near the home of UEFA), with lots of fellow expats/immigrants (depending on how PC you are)

Will be aiming to head to the Nyon one again on Wednesday, although I can see my missus, daughter and mother-in-law wanting to watch it too, so might have to sit at home for it.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Big screen options are few and far between really...

Not sure about Hyde Park with 30k packed in there, potential for a lot of idiots...

BoxPark sold out both venues pretty much to anyone with a pre-sale code or a heads up to go direct to the ticket selling company...

Flat Iron Square will no doubt be banged out by mid day with students and those able to get out of work...
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Denzil wrote:Hyde Park just been announced for Wednesday. 30,000 free tickets available via ballot which opens at 4pm - midnight
Website doesn't seem able to cope with demand.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Working at Rice Uni camp.......with the time difference, we'll just be heading back out for the p.m. session as they kick off....

me and my Leeds mate......we won't be able to keep away from the score - you just know someone will have to blab..

so it's a tape delay for us...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Hopefully with It's Coming Home blaring out of the car on the way back to his gaff where I am staying this week.......
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Grocery shopping straight from work, hopefully make it home in time for KO. All the games we've won Ive been in the same seat on the sofa stone-cold sober. Wednesday will be no different.

Btw, i'm not even superstitious. :oops:
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Belgium game - Rooftop tobacco dock, dreadful hipster vibe, can't see screen due to sunlight
Colombia - Flat Iron square - brilliant
Sweden - Magic roundabout which was okay but we couldn't get in any of the bigger venues
Croatia - Flat Iron Square

Amazed football clubs haven't opened a stand for the games, seems so logical
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Saracens Head Henley nice back street pub big telly a few West Ham and arsenal -) fans there nice vibe no idiots.Come and join us if your local
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Saracens Head Henley nice back street pub big telly a few West Ham and arsenal -) fans there nice vibe no idiots.Come and join us if your local
The Old Mile End
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by The Old Mile End »

Perth, Australia.

Thanks to lots of games kicking off in the afternoon over there, I've seen much more of this World Cup than others over the last 30 years. However, the evening games mean a 2 am start - which can be pretty tough when working the next day.

But it has to be done.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

fmgod wrote:Belgium game - Rooftop tobacco dock, dreadful hipster vibe, can't see screen due to sunlight
Colombia - Flat Iron square - brilliant
Sweden - Magic roundabout which was okay but we couldn't get in any of the bigger venues
Croatia - Flat Iron Square

Amazed football clubs haven't opened a stand for the games, seems so logical
You'll have to get there pretty early I think...??
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

From what people are saying if you want to go Flat Iron Sq you need to be there for mid-afternoon latest (3/4ish)

I am in the ballot for Hyde Park with a few mates too, the time for the confirmation email has been pushed back to 2pm