Where are you watching?

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Re: Where are you watching?

Post by sicknote »

Hammersfaniow wrote:I’ll be watching it on my phone, as my mate is getting married at 3pm. P**s poor planning on his behalf
Have a word with the vicar , have a whip round, Bing him a drink and tell him to cut the ceremony to about 2 minutes of I dos and get to the pub sharpish

It’ll never last anyway and you’re mate will thank you one day, and she might too
Algarve Hammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Algarve Hammer »

At home, uninterrupted, big screen, big sound and a drinks fridge with plenty of IPA, cooled not chilled. :thup:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Hammersfaniow wrote:I’ll be watching it on my phone, as my mate is getting married at 3pm. P**s poor planning on his behalf
What a selfish Herbert. Him, I mean, not you. Or, more likely, his bridezilla. As if anyone’s going to be listening to their bloody speeches anyway. All the blokes will be looking for an out at 2:50.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Kings Stores at Liv St for me.

For the fella watching at Brentwood, keep your wits about you. I’ve watched tournament games there for nearly twenty years but for some reason I felt a different vibe up there this year. Watched the Tunisia and Colombia games up there and there were aggy people everywhere. Of particularly annoyance were large groups of lads who seemed to be drinking lager but were picking up half full two pint glasses of cider and black and priming to throw them at every set piece. Seemed to be looking to piss people off.

I’d suggest trying The Swan and avoiding O’Neill’s & The Merchant
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

I’d watch it in the tap, ian and the punters won’t have any of that **** going on in there
Odessa
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

At home.

I won't miss a kick and won't have someone in my ear stating the bleeding obvious while trying to get the barmaid's attention.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

James P wrote:Kings Stores at Liv St for me.
For the fella watching at Brentwood, keep your wits about you. I’ve watched tournament games there for nearly twenty years but for some reason I felt a different vibe up there this year. Watched the Tunisia and Colombia games up there and there were aggy people everywhere. Of particularly annoyance were large groups of lads who seemed to be drinking lager but were picking up half full two pint glasses of cider and black and priming to throw them at every set piece. Seemed to be looking to piss people off.
I’d suggest trying The Swan and avoiding O’Neill’s & The Merchant
Sounds like excellent advice there, James.
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Coffee, pancakes, strawberries in front of the big screen. Breakfast match.
NT Hammer

Post by NT Hammer »

At home it’s 11:30pm ko here

1998-2010 when younger was all about the pubs 2014 watched at home

But if we got to the final I’m facing the prospect of watching it on my own at home as again a 00:30am ko
Plus not a sniff of World Cup fever here in Darwin don’t think they know it’s on
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Working til 1pm. Get in, do some ironing and run the hoover around,

Watching it alone indoors. Other than Belgium, its how i've watched the other games. Weirdly, I prefer it like that. :thup:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Another who will be taking sneaky peaks at their phone during the game - it’s my daughter’s 18th and we are having a bit of a family do. In some ways, I’m quite looking forward to that - if we lose, my afternoon won’t have been spoiled and if we win, I’ll have the semi-final to look forward to. To be honest, I enjoy the excitement of the build up to the game more than the game sometimes and have enjoyed all of the ‘it’s coming home’ stuff ont’ tinterweb over the past few days. Will record it and watch if we win, naturally!!
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

pablo jaye wrote:Another who will be taking sneaky peaks at their phone during the game - it’s my daughter’s 18th and we are having a bit of a family do. In some ways, I’m quite looking forward to that - if we lose, my afternoon won’t have been spoiled and if we win, I’ll have the semi-final to look forward to. To be honest, I enjoy the excitement of the build up to the game more than the game sometimes and have enjoyed all of the ‘it’s coming home’ stuff ont’ tinterweb over the past few days. Will record it and watch if we win, naturally!!

I find the same dating women
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

At home. I cant stand watching football in pubs with a load of biased idiots who know f*** all about football and screeming women who get all over excited whenever England venture into the the oppo's half and then let out shreeks when the other team cross the half way line and why do they let out a scream when the other team takes a shot at our goal?
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Eastbrook, Dagenham

Watched virtually every England tournament game in there since 2002. Bar the Paraguay game
Diz
Has liked: 4 likes

Post by Diz »

At home with the Father in Law couple of beers etc. Not watched any of our games out yet, could change if we win today though. :scarfer:
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

My hotel in Agadir Morocco. However if it goes beyond 90 minutes I have to go for my flight so I hope we win in normal time!!!
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

mate and son in law coming round, got a projector in the gazebo so getting around a 67-69 inch screen in daylight, (80 at night)
might have half hour dip in the pool first as its ****ing hot out there

got some ribs going on low and slow in the BBQ, wings and some rib eyes also to be done
I stacked the fridge with beer at 9am so all set up and ready to go
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Little bar in a little village in rural, rustic northern Portugal. Haven't had to pay for a drink all day.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

With my old man and brother, watching England together for the first time since euro 96.