#62 England 1-2 Croatia - Semi-Final 2

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Re: #62 England 1-2 Croatia - Semi-Final 2

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Morocco Mole wrote:
In the end, the back 6 looked more comfortable and progressive on the ball than the front 4. We’ve made a huge leap forward in our ability to play the ball out from the back but strangely lack the same nous and composure at the sharp end. Ali and Lingard are too similar and Sterling for all his menace is toothless and panicky. Going forward one of Ali and Lingard needs to be replaced by either a fit and firing Wilshere or someone of his ilk (Grealish?) and hopefully Rashrord trains on at Man Utd and displaces Sterling.
I don't watch Spurs every week for obvious reasons but it does feel like Alli flatters to deceive a little. I'd keep Lingard in, I thought he was always trying to make something happen and before the tournament I wasn't one of his biggest fans.

At times Alli really didn't look like he was 100% fit (and we kept him on far too long against Tunisia when he was clearly struggling).

Spot on about Wilshire, or a player like him.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

smuts wrote: Spurs fans said the same to me yesterday. He's been like that all season, not really offering anything and playing with an unfit almost disinterested air but pops up with a goal as soon as talk of dropping him comes up.
Thinks he's made it, and is now doing the bare minimum it seems.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

e17 wrote:Sad it’ll be 8 years before the possibility of another summer like it
8 years for a World Cup summer like it but only 2 years till Euro 2020, with semi-finals and final at Wembley. That summer could be even better 8-) :)