The Scots-just hate England

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

Just been watching the Pickles thing on ITV. That taking it a bit far nicking the World Cup just because England were hosts. The Dirty thieving Scottish ................

:lol:
DamnYankee

Post by DamnYankee »

Can't Touch This wrote:Unlike the Irish, they're a defeated race who largely rolled over and accepted English rule - hence the chips on shoulders and the constant struggle to assert their identity which unfortunately has come to mean being anti-English.
So "Braveheart" wasn't how it really happened?
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

vietnammer wrote:
Rendog, you know very well they will buy anything with a famous face associated with it. The shop opposite me has Ronaldinho's ugly puss advertising ice-cream, right next to the store where Michael Owen endorses Tissot watches.
I saw a bird wearing a Jamaica footy shirt the other day, now THAT was unusual.
True, but I do think our national team is probably the national team of choice over here. I even saw this thing on CCTV5 last year where this Chinese England fan got an hour on TV to talk us through England's fuckups at the world cup / euro 2004, went though each game one by one and then stated that we had one of the best teams and would win the 2006 world cup...
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Dougles Badder wrote:Not all scots hate england and i for one hope england go all the way.As i would wales or the irish or scotland had they qualified.
Don't be so bloody reasonable. :evil: :D
Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

DamnYankee wrote: So "Braveheart" wasn't how it really happened?
Probably not in terms of young Mel living in some sharecropper hut while his Uncle "Sean" was living la dolce vita abroad. It think it was the Irish and Scot hire hands "that what won it at Culloden"
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

woodgreenspur wrote: Judging by the slogan at the end of his comment, i'd say paddy the saint was Welsh, not Irish. It means proud to be Welsh.
you're probably correct.......although I was just trying to think of a few examples of celtic nations culpability in 'atrocities' that are always wholly blamed on the English, whether they be Irish, Scots or Welsh.......I didn't give one for the Welsh, but one thing that does come to mind is how their tourist board is benefitting from all those castles we built......and are they grateful ?!?!
davek26962
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by davek26962 »

Let's win the cup and do an open top bus tour of Glasgow. We don't need to be liked!
Fatty D

Post by Fatty D »

PaddyTheSaint wrote:Noone outside of england and possibly japan likes the english. In the home nations you are regarded as patronising, arrogant and ignorant of the history of the nations. Thousands upon thousands werew killed in the first expansion of the empire (Wales then ireland and scotland). Elsewhere in the world it's your pissed up, shirtless skinhead fans that ruin your reputation. We may have our fair share of them but they never get the chance to perform on the world stage.

CYMRU AM BYTH!!!!
You have obviously never done much travelling and just because all you paddies hate the English doesn't mean noone likes the English. There are whole generations of of Norwegians, Dutch etc who very pro-English for the obvious reasons. The US is massively pro-English apart from the Noraid supporting ignorant plastic paddies. Most of South East Asia and southern China were also pro-English when I spent a few years over there.

Or to put it another way, you're talking b*llocks.
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

bonehead wrote:you're probably correct.......although I was just trying to think of a few examples of celtic nations culpability in 'atrocities'
Try Glencoe
bonehead wrote:..I didn't give one for the Welsh, but one thing that does come to mind is how their tourist board is benefitting from all those castles we built......and are they grateful ?!?!
Those Norman castles, you mean :wink:
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

woodgreenspur wrote:i think people take the Scottish attitude to the english too seriously....Its local rivally.nothing else.
Exactly. How many on here were supporting Arsescum or Chelski in europe this season? I would suspect that this would be a significant minority.

Rivalry is good for football, long may it continue.
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

The Collector wrote:
Those Norman castles, you mean :wink:
indeed.....I mentioned those dudes earlier

dunno whether I descend from them of course.......but I say we, because we all know that anyone considered to be English is blamed for any wrong doings within these shores over the years.......so I might as well accept responsibility :)
mcan
Has liked: 187 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by mcan »

bonehead wrote:..I didn't give one for the Welsh, but one thing that does come to mind is how their tourist board is benefitting from all those castles we built......and are they grateful ?!?!
Those Norman castles, you mean :wink
A lot of castles were also built there by Edward I (of Braveheart notoriety) during the wars with the Welsh in the late 13th century.
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Stuff em...I don't support ANY of the other home nations teams when they are playing, so I wouldn't and indeed don't expect any of them to support us either.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

simon hammer wrote:Stuff em...I don't support ANY of the other home nations teams when they are playing, so I wouldn't and indeed don't expect any of them to support us either.
Seconded.

Couldn't care less whether any of them hate us or not
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but come Wimbledon, 90% of the crowd who are cheering Andy Murray on will be English.

He will soon be british then.

BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Dunno if it has been mentioned, but come Wimbledon, 90% of the crowd who are cheering Andy Murray on will be English.

c*nt.
I won't because Tennis is f*cking sh*te, except if Sharapova is playing, then it is watchable.
It's in the blood
Resident poet Laureate

Post by It's in the blood »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Dunno if it has been mentioned, but come Wimbledon, 90% of the crowd who are cheering Andy Murray on will be English.

c*nt.
Agreed, it does tend to switch from English to British and vice versa with things like this. Can't stand the arrogant sweatie twat anyway.

I ****ing hate Wimbledon with a passion, thought atleast surely this year the English press won't be kidding themselves again that Tim Henman can win it.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Tennis should be banned.
And Sharapova is a dog.

I love watching Henman go out in the first round.
Feel like going up to all the Henmaniacs and cracking their skull open with a mallet and going HAAAAAAAA!!!!
(Like Patrick Bateman)

Strwaberry eating c****.
PavlovsDog

Post by PavlovsDog »

i gotta admit,tennis bores me to death

Sharapova would get it tho,i dont agree that shes a dog
steve857

Post by steve857 »

without meaning to sound like a pc c*nt, cos believe me thats the last thing i am, but if i was to go on some random news channel saying i hated the africans wouldn't that be classed as racist? whats the difference here?

f*ck the scottish, they moan about us banging on about 1966 saying it was 40 years ago but they don't let us forget where the first british team to win the european cup came from, and how long ago was that?

they say we aint good enough and that we live on that day in '66, well its better to be a has been than a never was you dirty sheeps stomach eating freaks.

i'll never support those jealous c*nts, how funny was that when they started giving it the biggun cos we appointed a foreign manager, then they went and appointed berti vogts, oh how the laughter stopped.