The Scots-just hate England

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

East london sid
Horses for courses

The Scots-just hate England

Post by East london sid »

Been listen to the radio(talksport)all week and watching GMTV this morning the scots are gonna support every team england play :lol:

But why do they hate us so much?

I dont want the silly socks to supports us anyway but mugs like Andy Murrey(tennis player) i'll buy the Paraguay shirt and cheer them on all the way agaist england what a tosser i will always hope who ever he plays he gets beat now :wink:
Bubbles Murray
Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Bubbles Murray »

I don't blame any Scot who wants England to lose.
Myron T Buttram
Probed by aliens

Post by Myron T Buttram »

Andy Murray is a ****er. Fact. Look at the trouble he's having finding a coach that can stand him.

The scots can't get over the fact that they are hopeless at Fitba, and have been for generations. Whereas we have been getting better and better. f*** 'em.

They can support our opponents and get another taste of defeat. Remember Bannockburn? Remember Culloden, Sweaties!!
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

1 word.

Jealousy !!!!
woodford
Has liked: 421 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by woodford »

ahhh so what,

Personally, i will always want Andy Murray to lose as he looks like an under-nourished, sun-allergic, geek and he has the temper tantrums of child.

Being English, you can be sure i'd always cheer for Bonny Scotland whenever they get to some form of major finals......dont know where i'll be then of course, but i probabl;y wont smell too good thats for sure
SAS

Post by SAS »

No **** Sherlock :wink:
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

**** 'em.
Northern Paulo
Punster extraordinaire

Post by Northern Paulo »

Boris73

Post by Boris73 »

Andy Murray spends about as much time in Scotland as Sean Connery. Why do nationalist fucktards always speak from a position of ignorance.

I always think its quite funny that the SNP's leader is based in London.
comeonyouirons
Location: On the march with Gold & Sullivan to the Olympic Stadium...

Post by comeonyouirons »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:1 word.

Jealousy !!!!
Spot on! It's always been this way though. People have told me that they have been on holiday in Spain during major tournaments and the jocks there on holiday have taken much delight in supporting whoever England's opponents are.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Jealousy all the way.

Annoying really, because whenever I see Scotland playing - or Ireland or Wales for that matter - I always want them to win.

Never mind they can support Paraguay and Trinidad and Sweden if they want, they'll just get to taste defeat yet again wont they?
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

Myron T Buttram wrote:Andy Murray is a ****er. Fact. Look at the trouble he's having finding a coach that can stand him.

The scots can't get over the fact that they are hopeless at Fitba, and have been for generations. Whereas we have been getting better and better. f*ck 'em.

They can support our opponents and get another taste of defeat. Remember Bannockburn? Remember Culloden, Sweaties!!
The Scots have very good cause to remember Bannockburn...... the English lost!
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

The fact that it will piss our caledonian friend off immensely , added to the fact that I will get bragging rights over all my French mate for 4 years are the main reasons for my supporting England in Euro/World cup competitions...
Boris73

Post by Boris73 »

sendô wrote:Jealousy all the way.

Annoying really, because whenever I see Scotland playing - or Ireland or Wales for that matter - I always want them to win.

Never mind they can support Paraguay and Trinidad and Sweden if they want, they'll just get to taste defeat yet again wont they?
I still support Wales and both Irelands (well, I'm half Irish so thats a gimme) but even the fact that I've got a Scottish grandfather can't bring me to support the Scots. Mainly due to living there for 4 years and being on the receiving end of racist abuse on a daily basis due to my accent. I think I snapped round about the time I was forced to watch Scotland f*** up against Switzerland in '96 whilst England were destroying the Dutch.

To be fair its only a tiny tiny proportion of them that have a massive chip on their shoulder but they all seem to work for the newspapers or drink in the pub I worked in.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

From that Times article:

Sports shops across Scotland have been inundated with requests for the Trinidad strip but some have been unable to satisfy demand. “I’m only a small shop and I could have sold 50,” said the manager of one store in Aberdeen. “It’s out of pure hatred for the English team, I know. I don’t think the English realise how much the Scots dislike them.”

I think you'll find its that the English don't care how much the Scots dislike them.
Myron T Buttram
Probed by aliens

Post by Myron T Buttram »

The Collector wrote: The Scots have very good cause to remember Bannockburn...... the English lost!
erm yeah.... "Remeber Bannockburn" is an oft used Scottish dig at us, yet they conveniently forget when they got their arses well and truely kicked at The Battle of Culloden. Which was my point....
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Was in Edinburgh at the weekend and watch the UNICEF Soccer Aid game in a bar. All the sweaties were so anti English it was beyond belief, and that was for a ****ing charity match. Didn't gloat to much when England won!

At the end of the day, the sweaties are only good at is taking H.
norse
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 835 likes

Post by norse »

Boris73 wrote: I still support Wales and both Irelands (well, I'm half Irish so thats a gimme) but even the fact that I've got a Scottish grandfather can't bring me to support the Scots. Mainly due to living there for 4 years and being on the receiving end of racist abuse on a daily basis due to my accent. I think I snapped round about the time I was forced to watch Scotland f*ck up against Switzerland in '96 whilst England were destroying the Dutch.

To be fair its only a tiny tiny proportion of them that have a massive chip on their shoulder but they all seem to work for the newspapers or drink in the pub I worked in.
Racist abuse? How can that be racist? It's not like accents are of different races ;)
Everything is racist these days it seems.
Can't Touch This

Post by Can't Touch This »

Unlike the Irish, they're a defeated race who largely rolled over and accepted English rule - hence the chips on shoulders and the constant struggle to assert their identity which unfortunately has come to mean being anti-English.
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

Myron T Buttram wrote:erm yeah.... "Remeber Bannockburn" is an oft used Scottish dig at us, yet they conveniently forget when they got their arses well and truely kicked at The Battle of Culloden. Which was my point....
Sorry, me again. Scots fought on both sides at Culloden. It was more of a religon sort of thing than a tussle for national identity :? It's a bit like saying that the Scots got their arses kicked at Naseby.
Last edited by The Collector on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.