Yingerland vs Jamaica: match thread

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

Rocketron wrote:Every week I tell myself not to post after my 2nd bottle of wine. If only I listened !
Well, if it's any consolation, the use of apposite instead of appropriate should be applauded. Although, many posters probably think that apposite means 'completely different to', like in Paula Abdul's "Apposites Attract". :D
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Enjoy it? :lol:
You lot will be the end of me :lol:
Herts Iron

Re: and

Post by Herts Iron »

Dan M wrote:Yes as I could have got those 4 assists bearing in mind the quality of the opposition. There are much better players like Lennon if I take off my claret and blue glasses
So you still think that Beckham's delivery is not going to be important in the World Cup, and that he should be dropped? I give up.

no_no

And Im not sure what "claret and blue glasses" have to with anything.
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Enjoy it? :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

Herts Iron wrote: So you still think that Beckham's delivery is not going to be important in the World Cup, and that he should be dropped? I give up.

no_no

And Im not sure what "claret and blue glasses" have to with anything.
Because as Lennon is a Spurs player at least I can admit he is better than Beckham in his all round play and yes he should be dropped, maybe you wont get as many crosses in but youd have more chances created in other ways like ghosting past the defence for example. Ive never seen Beckham do that.
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

Dan M wrote: Because as Lennon is a Spurs player at least I can admit he is better than Beckham in his all round play and yes he should be dropped, maybe you wont get as many crosses in but youd have more chances created in other ways like ghosting past the defence for example. Ive never seen Beckham do that.
I disagree about beckham should be dropped. If you look at the two warmup games, out of the 8 goals, we have scored about 5 goals from beckhams crosses. His set pieces are brilliant most of the time and terry and in the past campbell seem to get on the end of them.
Dan M

but

Post by Dan M »

Given the oppositon we had so could I of created those crosses
Dan M

and

Post by Dan M »

I reiterate

yes he should be dropped, maybe you wont get as many crosses in but youd have more chances created in other ways like ghosting past the defence for example. Ive never seen Beckham do that.
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

In the last World Cup, 46% of goals were scored from set pieces, fact.

We have a player who can continually produce the best deliveries, we need him to play.
Dan M

but

Post by Dan M »

Are his deliveries the best or is it propaganda from the media for example the Greece game, I know he scored but how many free kicks in dangerous areas did he have? 10? 15? Other players may be able to put in quality deliveries but don't get the chance because of Beckham. Also id rather have a better all round player in the team providing alternative chances in addition to dangerous crosses.
WestHam4Life

Re: but

Post by WestHam4Life »

Dan M wrote:Given the oppositon we had so could I of created those crosses
Ok maybe you could have put in crosses as well, but to of that quality i very much doubt. I think beckham should definelty play he plays well in the bigger games same as owen
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

Dan, I think we should agree to disagree, eh?
Dan M

well

Post by Dan M »

Herts Iron wrote:Dan, I think we should agree to disagree, eh?
Yeah, everyone has their opinion i'm just putting mine across mate. :wink:
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

Lennon is quality and an excellent option off the bench to replace beckham if things arent going well.
he still lacks a final ball in my opinion though, but it is improving!
Beckham has proved he is in great form now though and is one player who really does put in 100% effort when it is really needed in big games!
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

With lennons pace he would be good to come on last 20mins like cole used to, to run at defenders who are tiring. Could do well for us coming on a sub, although he has gotta touch the ball first unlike sat :wink:
It's in the blood
Resident poet Laureate

Post by It's in the blood »

Went up to Old Trafford on Saturday, and never, ever again am I going to an England friendly again.

**** atmosphere, and when songs were sung it was 'Football's coming home' and 'Easy, Easy...', annoying ****ing horns going off every second, sitting throughout, mexican waves every 30 seconds, kids screaming, face paint & curly wigs on every other person (including grown adults). I actually struggled to celebrate the goals, mainly because I have no time for about 90% of the English team, with my favourate part of the day being Crouch's penalty miss, at which I laughed my b*llocks off.

I'm interested to see how I react watching the proper stuff on Saturday, cos I never used to have this lack of interest in the England team :?
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

It's in the blood wrote:Went up to Old Trafford on Saturday, and never, ever again am I going to an England friendly again.

sh*t atmosphere, and when songs were sung it was 'Football's coming home' and 'Easy, Easy...', annoying f*cking horns going off every second, sitting throughout, mexican waves every 30 seconds, kids screaming, face paint & curly wigs on every other person (including grown adults). I actually struggled to celebrate the goals, mainly because I have no time for about 90% of the English team, with my favourate part of the day being Crouch's penalty miss, at which I laughed my b*llocks off.

I'm interested to see how I react watching the proper stuff on Saturday, cos I never used to have this lack of interest in the England team :?
Footballs coming home is quality though 8-)

When i went to the last friendly before the euro 2004 when we beat iceland 6-1 at City Of Manchester the atmosphere was alrite, i wouldnt say it was anything special its because you get a whole load of different people going i suppose, thats whay away games are better because you get the same people going all the time better for songs etc
It's in the blood
Resident poet Laureate

Post by It's in the blood »

WestHam4Life wrote:Footballs coming home is quality though 8-)

When i went to the last friendly before the euro 2004 when we beat iceland 6-1 at City Of Manchester the atmosphere was alrite, i wouldnt say it was anything special its because you get a whole load of different people going i suppose, thats whay away games are better because you get the same people going all the time better for songs etc
No, 'Footballs coming home' reeks of the new style, jester hat wearing fan that annoy me so much.

Agreed though, the home games, from what I saw on Saturday seem to be more a family day out kind of thing, no proper passion involved. Got a mate who goes to England away and he says the same, much prefers the away games, so I suppose it's similar to (my view) on West Ham games, just a lot worse, as at least at West Ham home games there is a decent atmosphere, and you're in with your own rather than being surrounded by twats with Chelsea & Man Utd shirts on like I was on Saturday.
SL

Post by SL »

Was anyone else dissapointed with Lampard ? (again)

I know he got a goal but I honestly think Jamaica are the worst international team ive ever seen, or at least for a long long time.

I would have expected the 2nd best footballer on the planet to have a field day against them.

I didnt see him go past anybody or make any decisive through balls. I saw a few nice side to side passes though.
I am law

Post by I am law »

SL wrote:... Jamaica are the worst international team ive ever seen...
They're certainly the worst organised.

In our Sunday paper, there was a story about their previous match against Ghana. The whole team arrived on the bus in the stadium car park 13 minutes before kick off :lol:

Apparently, too, somebody from their coaching staff was drying the keeper's jersey in an Old Trafford launderette 30 minutes before the match against us.

Can't believe that both stories were true, but they made me laugh anyway.

Reports from today's papers suggest that T&T are not much better...