Yingerland vs Jamaica: match thread

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Weirdy
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Weirdy »

I've just woke up after a heavy night last night :P
Did I miss anything :roll:
JoCop

Post by JoCop »

if it wasnt a friendly, that first goal shoud have been done for climbin, crouch pushed up of the defender, was his second really his,

is it me or are people laughin at him not wit him,

and anyone else notic old west ham centre midfield, carrick and cole
Dan M

Re: and

Post by Dan M »

Herts Iron wrote: Becks didnt try to do some fancy sh*t. He stacked it, Crouch just tried to be clever.

Remember earlier in the season when he couldnt score at all for Liverpool? Took a pen and missed it. He cant take penalties, let alone try to do something like that. He was on a hatrick and just should of put his foot through it (He now has it, another great goal).

Also I dont love Beckham, I just recognise class when I see it, and he has it. 4 assists in 2 games, and you would drop him.
Yes as I could have got those 4 assists bearing in mind the quality of the opposition. There are much better players like Lennon if I take off my clarat and blue glasses
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

Herts Iron wrote: Becks didnt try to do some fancy sh*t. He stacked it, Crouch just tried to be clever.

Remember earlier in the season when he couldnt score at all for Liverpool? Took a pen and missed it. He cant take penalties, let alone try to do something like that. He was on a hatrick and just should of put his foot through it (He now has it, another great goal).

Also I dont love Beckham, I just recognise class when I see it, and he has it. 4 assists in 2 games, and you would drop him.
Yes as I could have got those 4 assists bearing in mind the quality of the opposition. There are much better players like Lennon if I take off my claret and blue glasses
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

Yes as I could have got those 4 assists bearing in mind the quality of the opposition. There are much better players like Lennon if I take off my claret and blue glasses
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Does no-one else think that England played crappily against the international equivalent of a pub team ?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Rocketron wrote:Does no-one else think that England played crappily against the international equivalent of a pub team ?
Alright, I seem to be at odds with many people and also with the Guardian's report ('Jamaica were poor opposition'), but it seemed to me that they played hard and fast from the beginning, continually went on the attack and displayed no small amount of pace, power and individual skill. I thought the scoreline didn't do JM justice and that England's forwards were outstanding. Jamiaca seemed to chase and tackle everything. Better organised teams may find England out, and I predict high-scoring games where England are involved which will be fine as long as we score more.

Pub team? No way.
Rocketron

Post by Rocketron »

vietnammer wrote: Alright, I seem to be at odds with many people and also with the Guardian's report ('Jamaica were poor opposition'), but it seemed to me that they played hard and fast from the beginning, continually went on the attack and displayed no small amount of pace, power and individual skill. I thought the scoreline didn't do JM justice and that England's forwards were outstanding. Jamiaca seemed to chase and tackle everything. Better organised teams may find England out, and I predict high-scoring games where England are involved which will be fine as long as we score more.

Pub team? No way.
A more apposite definition of "oxymoron" will be difficult to find.
Better organised teams ensure few goals are scored.
I call Jamaica the international equivalent of a pub team because they didn't play as a team, but rather a group of variously gifted players.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Rocketron wrote: A more apposite definition of "oxymoron" will be difficult to find.
Better organised teams ensure few goals are scored.
I call Jamaica the international equivalent of a pub team because they didn't play as a team, but rather a group of variously gifted players.
Sounds fair, but I think England showed a great deal of flair up front, maybe because of space given them, but maybe not. I mean I can see a typical old West Ham peformance coming up.
D&G

Post by D&G »

We wont win the World Cup because WE CANT TAKE PENALTIES two taken in two games one missed one saved.
We HAVE to finish the game within extra time.
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

Good run out for the lads today but there's no point taking much from it, we'll just see what happens when the competition starts next week. Anything can happen.

One thing that is bugging me though, what the hell is the music played as the teams walk out at the start of the game?
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Dannyboylister wrote:Am i the only one whose missing crouchs' hattrick. It was a blatent og. They seem to give him goals all the time.

I'll laugh my head off when Deano takes his place. Although he doesnt play for the right club does he. Everyone is making a fuss but he's only ever played against ***** for England. I'll hold my hands up if he plays well in the WC but i've got a feeling he'll be shown for what he is against better op's
Except that it was Crouch who turned the game when he came on against Argentina. Wouldn't call Poland ***** either.
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

vietnammer wrote: Alright, I seem to be at odds with many people and also with the Guardian's report ('Jamaica were poor opposition'), but it seemed to me that they played hard and fast from the beginning, continually went on the attack and displayed no small amount of pace, power and individual skill. I thought the scoreline didn't do JM justice and that England's forwards were outstanding. Jamiaca seemed to chase and tackle everything. Better organised teams may find England out, and I predict high-scoring games where England are involved which will be fine as long as we score more.

Pub team? No way.
Yep. I thought Jamaica started quite surprisingly strongly. I thought we could be in for a bit of a 'derby' game. But then they started to peeter out and their defence was shockingly bad, IMO. I turned over to Trinidad-Czech Republic a bit later, the Trinidadians are a lot better than Jamaica, much, much better organised, it won't be nearly as easy as that.
Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

Yep. I thought Jamaica started quite surprisingly strongly. I thought we could be in for a bit of a 'derby' game. But then they started to peeter out and their defence was shockingly bad, IMO. I turned over to Trinidad-Czech Republic a bit later, the Trinidadians are a lot better than Jamaica, much, much better organised, it won't be nearly as easy as that.[/quote]

I think the problem was their midfield, the first goal they allowed Fatboy run passed him. Still Michael Manley, Bob Marley, Lee "Scratch" Perry and Robbie Earle your boyz took one hell of a beating!!

:lol:
ChrisMccracken

Post by ChrisMccracken »

Just a few snaps taken at the game yesterday, including Crouchie blasting it over...

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Dude, you must have been sitting on my lap :lol:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3268/trafbeck9qb.jpg
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

Rocketron wrote: A more apposite definition of "oxymoron" will be difficult to find.
An oxymoron is two conjoining terms that apparently contradict each other, such as a 'deafening silence' or 'American intelligence'. :wink: Your example, albeit apparently contradictory, wasn't an oxymoron, mate.
Rocketron

Post by Rocketron »

Every week I tell myself not to post after my 2nd bottle of wine. If only I listened !
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Dude, you must have been sitting on my lap :lol:
Enjoy it? :lol: