mini judas to go to the world cup

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

mini judas to go to the world cup

Post by cockney hammer »

Canuck Iron

Post by Canuck Iron »

I'd take Johnson over Defoe any day of the week and I'm not just saying that because Jermaine is a ****.
Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap

Post by Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap »

i have lost all excitement now :evil:
I'm Iron and so's my wife

Post by I'm Iron and so's my wife »

Canuck Iron wrote:I'd take Johnson over Defoe any day of the week and I'm not just saying that because Jermaine is a c*nt.
I wouldn't take him because I think hes a ****.
Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap

i see nothing in defoe that harewood has'nt already got
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

I still dont see him joining the final squad. If there is ANY chance Rooney will play, and it looks like there is, then Defoe is not going. Especially with the form Crouch is in.
Why oh why are we talking both Hargreaves AND Jenas, that 5th striker would of been so handy.
Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap

Herts Iron wrote:I still dont see him joining the final squad. If there is ANY chance Rooney will play, and it looks like there is, then Defoe is not going. Especially with the form Crouch is in.
Why oh why are we talking both Hargreaves AND Jenas, that 5th striker would of been so handy.
why not reo-Coker i know he is injured but before he was i think he shouldve been picked
Doubting Tomas

Post by Doubting Tomas »

Good decision.

Now out Croch and get Bent or Beattie in.
Etherington12

Post by Etherington12 »

Doubting Tomas wrote:Good decision.

Now out Croch and get Bent or Beattie in.
Most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard. Crouch is on fire and he'll scare the f*** outta some of the defenses in the World Cup, if anyone should be going home it should be Hagreaves or Jenas, waste of space, might aswell have another striker in the squad.
gavind
Total likes: 1 like

Post by gavind »

Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap wrote:i see nothing in defoe that harewood has'nt already got

absence of balls....

thast one thing judus has got that marlon hasnt ..

ohh.... and no respect from us... thats 2 things :D :D :D :D

if only sven watched some more of us, how different that squad could/should have been...
Doubting Tomas

Post by Doubting Tomas »

Etherington12 wrote: Most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard. Crouch is on fire and he'll scare the f*ck outta some of the defenses in the World Cup, if anyone should be going home it should be Hagreaves or Jenas, waste of space, might aswell have another striker in the squad.
The beanpole prick scares the life out of me and offends my footballing sensibilities.

Three goals, (yes, I'll even include the own goal), against Jamaica mean precisely **** all.
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

Im glad hes going to be honest, sven has finally had the sense to take a fifth striker. Considering one is injured and owen could easily get injured, we wouldnt have any strikers left who are natural finishers and with pace.

With rooney almost certainly out and say for arguements sake owen gets injured, we are left with crouch and theo. Id rather have defoe.
I am law

Post by I am law »

If I was more passionate about England, I'd be clamouring for mini-J to start instead of St Michael of Owen. Putting aside club-related feelings, Defoe has scored more goals this season and would probably not be as anonymous.

Owen has adopted the Shearer mantle. If he can tie his own laces, he plays, regardless of form or sharpness. :evil:
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

I am law wrote:If I was more passionate about England, I'd be clamouring for mini-J to start instead of St Michael of Owen. Putting aside club-related feelings, Defoe has scored more goals this season and would probably not be as anonymous.

Owen has adopted the Shearer mantle. If he can tie his own laces, he plays, regardless of form or sharpness. :evil:
Defoe over Owen? :shock: A piss take surely.

Defoe is only going until the 7th when Rooney has another scan. If Rooney is given the all clear then Defoe will be home again.
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

WestHam4Life wrote:Im glad hes going to be honest, sven has finally had the sense to take a fifth striker.
Youve got it all wrong mate. He is going in the unlikely event that Rooney's scan on Wednesday reveals he can take f*** all part in the WC. If the scan says he could play in the later stages (should we get there), then you will see Defoe on the first plane home.
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

Herts Iron wrote: Youve got it all wrong mate. He is going in the unlikely event that Rooney's scan on Wednesday reveals he can take f*ck all part in the WC. If the scan says he could play in the later stages (should we get there), then you will see Defoe on the first plane home.
In a way though it would be better if we had a fully fit defoe than a injury prone rooney who could get injured again straight away
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

WestHam4Life wrote: In a way though it would be better if we had a fully fit defoe than a injury prone rooney who could get injured again straight away
No it wouldnt. Defoe is overrated.
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

WestHam4Life wrote:In a way though it would be better if we had a fully fit defoe than a injury prone rooney who could get injured again straight away
Which takes me back to my original point, I dont understand why we are taking Hargeaves AND Jenas.
Jenas should not be going, and a 5th striker (Defoe) should be going instead.
noble art

Post by noble art »

i cant see jenas playing a minute in the world cup
so johnson for me
Essex Dave

Post by Essex Dave »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't he be even more disappointed for having come so close and still missing out to a guy who's looked like a donkey all year, somone half-fit, a teenager who's never even played for his club side and someone who might not even be fit. If he can't displace any of them, it says a lot of what Sven thinks of him. Hopefully drawing this out a little more only makes it hurt more.