mini judas to go to the world cup

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

BMU.WIC

Post by BMU.WIC »

Quite, remember that Sven's the prick for not taking a fifth striker (although I'm still questioning how Walcott made it).

Thought mini judas was hard done by considering the half-man/half-giraffe got there before him (and your 'robot' dancing is ****ing **** and-all), but again we go full circle as to how the Swede never took a fifth striker in the first place.

If I had my way, Harewood would have been on the plane before him, but quite a lot of people I've spoken to still don't rate him as 'England class' - with inclusions like Hargreaves Jenas and dare I say it (please prove me wrong) Walcott you have to wonder if the kudos of that title is somewhat debased.
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

noble art wrote:i cant see jenas playing a minute in the world cup
Agreed. For me, Jenas is the 9th midfielder and will not play any part.

IMO, a 5th striker is more important than a 9th midfielder.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Etherington12 wrote: Most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard. Crouch is on fire and he'll scare the f*ck outta some of the defenses in the World Cup, if anyone should be going home it should be Hagreaves or Jenas, waste of space, might aswell have another striker in the squad.
Oh dear oh dear !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Peter Crouch is a ****ing joke ......

Shambolic human being who shouldn't even be wearing a Liverpool shirt let alone a ****ing England one !!!!
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

I am law wrote:If I was more passionate about England, I'd be clamouring for mini-J to start instead of St Michael of Owen. Putting aside club-related feelings, Defoe has scored more goals this season and would probably not be as anonymous.

Owen has adopted the Shearer mantle. If he can tie his own laces, he plays, regardless of form or sharpness. :evil:
There were two goals difference between them with Owen played 12 and scored 7; Defoe played 39 scored 9

As well as the fact that Owen has scored 36 in 77 international games; whiile Defoe has 1 in 12 games!

Dont know how you can call Owen anonymous, or think that Judas is a better option?
I am law

Post by I am law »

Ozza wrote:Dont know how you can call Owen anonymous, or think that Judas is a better option?
Owen's record is fantastic, for sure, but he was anonymous against Hungary and he scored a goal against Jamaica that, if we're all honest, he is not going to score again, when the tournament starts.

My feeling is that Owen's ideal game is to take one or two chances in a match. He doesn't track back and he cannot hold up the ball convincingly. He is a poacher, required to run on to through balls. Either the midfield misunderstands this, or he is missing a yard or so of pace to make the space for them.

I cannot stand Defoe and expressed the original post in terms of looking at it from the view of an England fan (non-WHU as it were). We pin too many hopes on Owen. Sorry that's how I see it.

Hope he proves me wrong.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

I agree. Mini Judas should be going instead of Jenas. I'd have taken Ashton or Beattie in place of the 5 year old, but there you go.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

I am law wrote: Owen's record is fantastic, for sure, but he was anonymous against Hungary and he scored a goal against Jamaica that, if we're all honest, he is not going to score again, when the tournament starts.

My feeling is that Owen's ideal game is to take one or two chances in a match. He doesn't track back and he cannot hold up the ball convincingly. He is a poacher, required to run on to through balls. Either the midfield misunderstands this, or he is missing a yard or so of pace to make the space for them.

I cannot stand Defoe and expressed the original post in terms of looking at it from the view of an England fan (non-WHU as it were). We pin too many hopes on Owen. Sorry that's how I see it.

Hope he proves me wrong.
dont forget that Owen has only played 180 minutes of football in 7 months, and is a big game player (he never plays well in freindlies).

I'm sure he will be top bollox as always for us in the finals