Hislop ready for WC challenge

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

Come on Shaka.
Keep a clean sheet on Thursday.
May even do Engalnd a favour and force Sven to make some changes to tactics / team (like 1986 & Robson's injury plus Wilkings sending off).
Cheeky Hammer

Post by Cheeky Hammer »

Northern Paulo wrote: I might have accepted a draw against T & T too but then I realised we'd need to beat Sweden to guarantee qualification and there would surely have to be some divided loyalty on Sven's part IMO, and I don't trust the money grabbing c***.
Agree on that one, and glad to see the back of him. An emotionless manager if ever there was one.
In view of the fact he will be leaving his post after the tournament would assume his loyalty lies with his own country, but he would be the most hated manager ever if he screws up by not playing his best options. Although thinking about it, he may have already managed that blunder long before the T & T match.
Would find it more exciting though from a footballing perspective for this forthcoming Hislop/ England match to be all square, and infact a win for T & T would be 8-)
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 177 likes

Post by James P »

Love the man Shaka but hope England put 10 past him on Thursday

:stgeorge:
BonzoBonkers
Yellow card - abuse

Post by BonzoBonkers »

now have messed up my post omen... :cry:
was only going to say agreed with above posts i would like shaka to hold England to a draw.
want T & T to go through too.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

How about Shaka keeps a clean sheet including a Fatboy penalty save and a brilliant Gerrard 40 yard screamer tip-over, then tweaks a calf muscle and is subbed off at half time only for his replacement to concede a late Rio header....?

That'd do me fine.....
BonzoBonkers
Yellow card - abuse

Post by BonzoBonkers »

No, sorry Mr. Toulouse i really want Hislop to have a blinder of a match and not be injured :shock: think what you are saying please :lol: even a little calf muscle is not what i want to happen.
Sorry am firmly behind him on this one...Come on Shaka :crest:
BonzoBonkers
Yellow card - abuse

Post by BonzoBonkers »

Nooooooooooooo ......just been told by someone that Hislop has his leg bandaged up and could be doubtful...third choice goalie may be called into action against England... :cry:
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

BonzoBonkers wrote:Nooooooooooooo ......just been told by someone that Hislop has his leg bandaged up and could be doubtful...third choice goalie may be called into action against England... :cry:
Bugger.

I wasn't wishing for a real injury jus a "My calf is a bit tight and I should go off but I'll be right as rain in 2 days" twinge-type thing so that he can say he kept a clean sheet against Ingerland...

C'mon Shaka!!!!
BonzoBonkers
Yellow card - abuse

Post by BonzoBonkers »

He missed training had ice pack on it...Oh Mr. T.....what have you done to me :wink: Come on Shaka....be strong FFS.

EDIT:
Found this on the net...

GiveMeFootball.com World-Goalkeeper Hislop to play against England
Reuters.uk, UK - Jun 13, 2006
... "Shaka will definitely start against England and is in ... Hislop took a knock during training, but Beenhakker said ... Jack is still injured and is not available....

:D so looks like Shaka is ok....phew !!!! i was so hoping he would start. Come on Shaka