we won you moany sods!!

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

one mcavennie

we won you moany sods!!

Post by one mcavennie »

i cant believe how many people are moaning about englands performance at the weekend. i know we played a bit poor but we won 1 nil for f-cks sake.

whats a matter with yer!!
X-Isle Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by X-Isle Iron »

what he said.

Wait till it's all done and dusted before judging, meantime get behind the team.
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

we have always been slow starters...it is frustrating though

Get Trindad out the way, get Wayne back and then get down to Business. No more daytime games either so the heat excuse has gone too.

Equador in the next round would be nice.

:lol:
Hambrosia Stu

Re: we won you moany sods!!

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

one mcavennie wrote:i cant believe how many people are moaning about englands performance at the weekend. i know we played a bit poor but we won 1 nil for f-cks sake.

whats a matter with yer!!
I know what you are saying, and whilst I do agree, I also feel more nervous than I did before the start.

Sure, in the group stages results are all that matters. That and making sure that when you get to the knockout stages, you are in good form. We have 2 more games to get up to top speed, so there's no need to panic.]

But that's not why people are moaning. It's that in the game we saw (in the 1st half) we have some excellent players. The defence looked solid, as you'd expect. Beckham looked in decent form, as did the rest of our midfield. But it's what happened in the 2nd half that has people moaning. Not the performances of the players. Not our inability to score more against a team there for the taking.

But the fact that all my fears regarding Eriksson's squad selection seem to have been borne out. Owen's not 100%, who do we replace him with? Where's the attacking options??? Why did we have no striker he could have brought on in replacement of Owen, except Walcott, who it seems wasn't considered. Any side should have a couple of options on the bench, yet it seems we have none