Spain

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Spain

Post by The Gibbins »

I said a few days ago they will do really well, a few people thought i was joking. I think todays performance showed that they are a real threat and the front two (Torres and villa)look like a real proper partnership. They were a constant problem and Torres is just way too class, he took his goal superbly. I think its between spain or argentina for the trophy.
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

When it comes to the crunch, they will bottle it.
D.C

Post by D.C »

Herts Iron wrote:When it comes to the crunch, they will bottle it.
Totally agree...
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

no way, they have an excellent squad. I really think its between spain or argentina for the trophy, i get a feeling england will cock it up in the quarters.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

THE GIBBINS wrote:no way, they have an excellent squad. I really think its between spain or argentina for the trophy, i get a feeling england will cock it up in the quarters.
Against the Dutch or Mexicans? I seriously doubt it...
I can see us losing vs Brazil in the semi's or vs Argentina in the final but that's it. As for Spain, they'll lose in the Quarter Finals to Brazil.
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

It was a great performance, but no better than the Czech ealier in the week, and i think we will see them both slip up when they play some quality teams
Gringo Hammer

Post by Gringo Hammer »

Spain looked fantastic today, but then they always do when getting an early lead and allowed to dominate possession. Their performance was undoubtedly the best of the round, including the Czechs, IMO, but i reserve judgement on their ability to go all the way until they face a tougher test...
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Marky »

v good argentina all the way tho
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

THE GIBBINS wrote:no way, they have an excellent squad. I really think its between spain or argentina for the trophy, i get a feeling england will cock it up in the quarters.
Spain always have an "excellent" squad and always **** up. They are Spuds in espadrilles.

Just watch them win the bloody thing now....
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

They only looked good because the Ukranians allowed them the time and space to play. Close them down quickly and you'll beat them imo.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

Spain have never even reached a semi final in the World Cup I find it amazing how a country that has one of the best and strongest mleagues in the world and who's clubs are reguarly winning Europeon trophies can have such a poor record in the World Cup. They all ways have the players and potential to win it but never seem toi be able to deliver the goods when it matters.