England v Trinidad & Tobago

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

FloridaHammer wrote:The 3 subs really livened things up. I'd like to see more of Lennon.
Hmm,England only looked lively 5 mins after the subs.After that,they ware crap again.
Lennon is a good player though,but that's already known
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

Phew don't make it easy for ourselves do we.

:roll:
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

an utterly abysmal performance - we have now been crap in two games and been very lucky to win them both and on this form neither Germany or Ecuador have any thing to fear from playing us.

As for Crouch - he might of scored but I still maintain he is nothing but a Championship quallity player.
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Ashley Cole can't pass or cross the ball anymore - or defend.

If he doesn't find some form before we play a real team, we are going to be obliterated down our left hand side.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

We got away with murder.

Poor Hislop but well done Gerrard. And Beckham does nothing all day then delivers the killer ball for Crouch. Leave Beckham right back and keep Lennon on.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Phew!

Never in doubt. :wink: :lol:
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Phew!

Never in doubt. :wink: :lol:
Hmmm not so sure you mean that :wink:

I could see it ending in a draw, and nothing more
loveboatcaptain
Yellow card - abuse

Post by loveboatcaptain »

Absolute ****. Crouch is a good player but he is not a target man. What the f*** does Sven do in training? All they did in the first half was hit it long to Crouch. ****ing dire.
Lampard and Gerrard do not work well, and never will. Neither knew what they were doing.
Gringo Hammer

Post by Gringo Hammer »

Larry wrote:an utterly abysmal performance - we have now been crap in two games and been very lucky to win them both and on this form neither Germany or Ecuador have any thing to fear from playing us.

As for Crouch - he might of scored but I still maintain he is nothing but a Championship quallity player.
Seconded, the final result should not mask the fact we were absolutely dire. Theres talk of "resting" players for the next match, I personally would drop half the team. And I dont know why the f*** theyre all smiling at the end of the game, I was holding my head in shame....
BonzoBonkers
Yellow card - abuse

Post by BonzoBonkers »

:cry: Oh my poor, poor Shaka.....you must be sick of that ****ing Gerrard.
Ok back to supporting England.... but on this performance, they need all the luck they can get, so am giving them two number fours = Bonzo.
a 69 which is a nice number cos is a number six = Moore, and errrr....
a nine which can be an upside down Moore....am i clutching at straws here :lol:
Last edited by BonzoBonkers on Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

How many cards were dished out in the end, was there anyone who didn't get one??

This world cup has had more cards than clintons
wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

It wasn't our best, was it me or did Lumpard miss 5 or so great chances. BUT we won have 6 points and are through, the English via our press have the habbit of being so negative, what the French would do to be in our position?
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

loveboatcaptain wrote:Lampard and Gerrard do not work well, and never will. Neither knew what they were doing.
people have been saying this for a long time they are both to alike in their game and what we need is some one in the midfield who can offer us some thing different..
loveboatcaptain
Yellow card - abuse

Post by loveboatcaptain »

We just need someone to sit and allow gerrard or lampard to do what they do best. Link the midfield with attack. Bring back the diamond!
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Larry wrote: people have been saying this for a long time they are both to alike in their game and what we need is some one in the midfield who can offer us some thing different..

Never heard such b*llocks from a pair of football fans. Anyone should be able to play with anyone if they are coached correctly. Sven should be good enough to coach me how to play kick-ups with a monkey. But we pay him money to not be able to do anything. Our team is so good on paper and IS good enough to win the world cup, but they aren't being coached to play as a team. This is what makes me so mad!
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

England have been poor in the last two matches no doubt, but many teams in the group stage do play with virtually all of their players behind the ball in order to try and nick a point off the so-called "bigger teams" This doesn't suit us.

Personally, i'd like to see Sven start with Rooney and Owen for the Sweden match as the need the fitness. Also it will give us a chance to rest some of the others, particularly those on yellow cards.

Personally, i'd prefer to play Germany. One cos Ecuador could prove a real test, two - just for the chance to knock the germans out :wink:
Ian Bishop

Post by Ian Bishop »

I can't believe how crap England was.. Lampard and Gerrad oh man... People have been saying for ages that they don't perform when they play together, but you could at least expect one of them to be good.. no way they were not even prem standard. Of course there was that goal, but except that, the worse of the lot was Gerrard. Not a single good pass, not a good tackle, not a good shoot until 2 min in extra-time. Cole, my motm against Paraguay, could do just this sequence of events: look at defender, flick left foot over the ball, flick right foot over the ball, look at defender, lose the ball. Best of the lot was actually Beckham by a mile.

As for the forward line, I prefer to remain silent.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1594 likes

Post by alf git »

Not good enough.Not by a long way. :evil:

I'd rather see us knocked out than have to watch this tripe.We're England for f*** sake, we should be going at teams and don't give me that b*llocks about no easy games at this level. :evil:

Positives :Lennon, Rooney, Terry......... er thats it!
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1633 likes

Post by chalks »

Thank f*** my ancestry shows me to be more Spanish than English in blood, thats all i can say 8-) :lol:
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

Our best attacking player was apparantly Lennon who errrr beat a fat out of position left back once and messed up the cross up when he did.

I'm excited!! :roll: