Cheap football shirts

Advertise your business or service to fellow KUMB members with this Forum.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Cheap football shirts

Post by jastons »

Firstly I want to make it clear that I have no affiliation with these people.

Has anyone come across @footballantrim (on Twitter ) or https://m.facebook.com/FootballshirtsNI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

They claim to sell brand new and genuine shirts for £25. A friend of mine has bought a South American shirt ( Colo Colo ) and is pleased with it. It just seems a bit to good to be true for me.
WHUJohn

Re: Cheap football shirts

Post by WHUJohn »

They'll be from Thailand mate, all moody.

You can't make a profit selling real football shirts for £25, even Mike Ashley don't do that.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

Their facebook page links to a twitter page that doesn't exist! Sounds and looks dodgy to me.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

You'd be amazed at the quality of South American "fakes"

I was in a shop in La Boca in Buenos Aires earlier this year, and I ended up chatting with a shop proprietor and enjoyed a game of "is this shirt real or fake", and I could hardly tell the difference. Some of the stuff looked as good as the real stuff, and only when I saw the label was not adidas etc, then I knew.

Not all counterfeits are like this one : http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/tea ... 12806.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or the ones that used make us (or at least me) cringe when you might see them on holiday in Spain in the late 1990s.

However, I couldn't possibly speculate as to how good these guys are, or the quality of their shirts. Perhaps they are last seasons clobber, or potentially part of an end of season sale, which of course would mean they are bona fide, and totally cool, only at knock down prices?
Last edited by Het-Field on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lukechadwick
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 112 likes

Post by lukechadwick »

Fakes, look at the colour of the barcelona shirt and compare it to the official shirts!
The only way they'd make money on real ones at 25 quid each is If they were nicked.
Either way I'd avoid!
WHUJohn

Post by WHUJohn »

Het-Field wrote:You'd be amazed at the quality of South American "fakes"

I was in a shop in La Boca in Buenos Aries earlier this year, and I ended up chatting with a shop proprietor and enjoyed a game of "is this shirt real or fake", and I could hardly tell the difference. Some of the stuff looked as good as the real stuff, and only when I saw the label was not adidas etc, then I knew.

The Thai fakes are well above and beyond that.

I can guarantee you nobody on this forum would be able to tell the difference between a good one, which you have to hunt for mind, and a real shirt that costs £45 or whatever they are.

Of course you can buy completely pony fakes for £3 that won't have labels on, but there are different grades of sides.

Same goes with other clobber from Asia.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

WHUJohn wrote:
The Thai fakes are well above and beyond that.

I can guarantee you nobody on this forum would be able to tell the difference between a good one, which you have to hunt for mind, and a real shirt that costs £45 or whatever they are.

Of course you can buy completely pony fakes for £3 that won't have labels on, but there are different grades of sides.

Same goes with other clobber from Asia.
Its incredible how the manufacturing of the label can be the difference, and one would never know the difference. I often wonder if there is any true way of actually catching out the fakes apart from their availability in naff trinket shops which pull in the tourists in these far flung places?
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I tend to use http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk for my tops. They're usually a season behind at the earliest but always authentic.
Bill3

Post by Bill3 »

It's simple actually,if you are willing to pay for a expensive authentic shirt,you can go to http://www.worldsocershop.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, or you try some sites,like https://www.jerseysoccercheap.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;