sundays gossip includes west ham now updated

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

sundays gossip includes west ham now updated

Post by cockney hammer »

sunday mirror
West Ham are set to send loan defender Radoslav Kovac back to Spartak Moscow this summer.

They are not prepared to pay the £6million the Russian club want for the Czech Republic international.

whufc.com

West Ham No2 Clarke: Cole turnaround due to Zola

West Ham United No2 Steve Clarke says management are delighted with the success of Carlton Cole this season.

On Cole's improvement, Clarke told whufc.com: "I think it's a combination of the change of manager and fresh impetus from the player. I think he is maturing as a player and as a person. Some people mature early and some people a little bit later and I think Carlton is a late maturer.

"His performances this season have been excellent and certainly, when he went out of the side, we missed his presence in the team.

"He has always had the potential. When he was at Chelsea I was his coach in the youth team. I knew his potential but unfortunately for Carlton, it's taken him a little bit longer for him to realise his potential than maybe it should have done, but hopefully he's started the road towards that this season and he'll continue down it next season."

Cole won his first two full England caps earlier this year and Clarke put the striker's case forward to add to that tally when Fabio Capello's side take on Kazakhstan and Andorra in 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in early June.

"He's fully fit. He was out for six weeks with an injury he sustained on international duty. I don't pick the England squad, it's up to Mister Capello to do that. But if he's concerned about his fitness then there is no reason to be concerned because he's fully fit."

Ex-West Ham hero Taylor named Grenada coach

Former West Ham United FA Cup winner Tommy Taylor has been named as the new manager of Caribbean side Grenada.

The 57-year-old played for Leyton Orient and West Ham, with whom he won the FA Cup in 1975.

He managed the Os for five years from 1996 to 2001 and has also had spells in charge of Cambridge, Darlington and, most recently, Boston United.

the guardian

Hammers' star: I'll be back to my best next season

WEST HAM striker Carlton Cole is keen to fight his way back into contention for club and country after making his comeback in the defeat to Everton following 11 games on the sidelines with injury.

Cole was struck down in his pomp by a groin injury during England's 4-0 win over Slovakia at the end of March, causing him to miss the majority of West Ham's end-of-season assault for a Europa League place, which ended in disappointment with Saturday's 3-1 defeat at Goodison Park.

The 25-year-old forward insists he has been thrust into action 'four weeks' early, although he is eager to build on the progress he made earlier on in the season.

“Obviously, I’ve only had three training sessions with the team, which is not ideal,” he said. “I would have liked to have had a full week’s training and missed the first game and then have another week in training and be fully involved next week.

“It was kind of a rush getting me back fit, I'm four weeks ahead of schedule.

“It has been a massive disappointment. Just when I thought I was finding my feet, scoring goals, doing well for the team and getting England call-ups. It was a massive set-back and it was as if I had to start again, but hopefully I can progress from that, take the experience of being injured, because I’m not usually injured, and try and get back to my form next season and push on for the team.”

Cole's untimely injury has been the only blemish on what has otherwise been a remarkable season, and undoubtedly the best of his career.

After starting the season on the bench, Cole has flourished under former Chelsea team-mate and new boss Gianfranco Zola, leading the line with distinction and proving himself to be a real handful for defenders.

His exceptional hold-up play and newly-discovered knack for finding the net saw him earn a place in Fabio Capello's squad, making his debut for his country in the 2-0 defeat to Spain back in February.

His return to action, coupled with Dean Ashton's comeback in time for next season, will give Zola a huge boost as he seeks to turn the Hammers into a European force.

The two battering rams have plenty in common, leading some pundits in the game to suggest they are incapable of playing together, although Cole disagrees.

“I don’t see why not,” he responded. “We did it (played together) at under-21 level. I’ve grown up as a player this year, Deano is a great player and we have got good players around us pushing us.

“We’ve got a good unit, the manager knows what he is doing trying to mix youth with experience so hopefully we can push on next season.”

Chelsea are already making plans for life without Didier Drogba as they consider a bids for Atletico Madrid's £50m-rated Sergio Aguero and Wolfsburg's Bosnian striker Edin Dzerko. (News of the World)

Cristiano Ronaldo has reiterated his desire to stay at Manchester United, claiming that manager Sir Alex Ferguson is like a "second father to me". (News of the World)

But Ferguson, while confident that United's recent success is enough to keep Ronaldo at the club, is resigned to losing Carlos Tevez over the summer. (The Mail on Sunday)

Arsene Wenger has left the door open for Thierry Henry to return to Arsenal, revealing that he still talks to the Barcelona striker who watches all the Gunners games on television. (News of the World)

Texan millionaire Ellis Short will complete a buy-out at Sunderland next week and hand a new manager, possibly Martin Jol or Steve McClaren, a £200m transfer budget to turn the Black Cats into a major force. (Sunday Express)

Manchester City are also stepping up their interest in Emmanuel Adebayor and are ready to meet Arsene Wenger's £21m valuation of the striker. (News of the World)

Rafael Benitez is closing in on a £15m deal to take Portsmouth defender Glen Johnson to Anfield. The Spaniard is also weighing up a bid for Heerenveen winger Daniel Pranjic. (Sunday Express)

Xabi Alonso could be on his way out of Liverpool, however, after his agent told Benitez his client wants to move on. Real Madrid are favourites to land the Spain international, but could face competition from Arsenal , Manchester City and Juventus. (News of the World)

Across Stanley Park, former Everton legend Peter Reid is the figurehead for international investment company London Nominees which hopes to buy the Toffees. (News of the World)

The Norwegian Football Association is calling for a fresh inquiry into the 2005 dealings that took Jon Mikel Obi from FC Lyn to Chelsea via Manchester United. The midfielder signed an option agreement with United before announcing he wanted to move to Stamford Bridge. (Mail on Sunday)

Alan Shearer has already made summer signing plans with the Newcastle board and is set to commit himself to the Magpies regardless of the outcome of today's fight against the drop. (Sunday Express)

Newcastle and Aston Villa could benefit from West Ham's tiring of Dean Ashton's fitness. If he could stay healthy...

Napoli star Ezequiel Lavezzi is said to be on Liverpool's radar this summer. The Reds are said to have offered £18m for the Argentine.

Arsenal are being linked with Monaco defender Cedric Mongongu though the young starlet doesn't expect to be leaving anytime soon.

One of the most heated derbies in the world is between Aston Villa and Birmingham City and that could spill over into the summer with the two both chasing Malaga star Apono.

Abdoulaye Faye's great season for Stoke City may have raised interest from other clubs, including Arsenal.
Last edited by cockney hammer on Sun May 24, 2009 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Re: sundays gossip includes west ham

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H. :thup:
maltab

Post by maltab »

Thanks Steve.
Think £6 million for Kovac is way too steep,sure this will be a talking point on here later,when everyone has got up.The other day posters were saying take him at 2 million but not 4.Spartak want 6.Kovac,s last game today then.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

maltab wrote:Thanks Steve.
Think £6 million for Kovac is way too steep,sure this will be a talking point on here later,when everyone has got up.The other day posters were saying take him at 2 million but not 4.Spartak want 6.Kovac,s last game today then.

totally agree mate..
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

we would be mad to pay 6m for kovac.anything over 2m is too much IMO.
bobby moore lower

Post by bobby moore lower »

maltab wrote:Thanks Steve.
your right,you might as well buy mullins back for a million than pay £6 million for kovac.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Thanks CH :thup:

Tommy Taylor to manage Grenanda eh? Dirty job but someone has to do it. :lol:
Serbian Hammer

Post by Serbian Hammer »

Cheers the Legend :thup:
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

I take it that is Grenada as opposed to a Granada shop. Showing my age there!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

thought he was going to manage the granada bingo hall for a minute
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

NEWS OF THE WORLD:

Cristiano Ronaldo has pledged: "I am staying at Manchester United."

Manchester City have stepped up their chase for Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor.

Xabi Alonso has rocked Liverpool by admitting he wants to quit Anfield.

Goodison legend Peter Reid is trying to buy his beloved Everton.

Chelsea are planning for life without Didier Drogba by moving for Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero.

Manchester City are desperate to push through a new deal for Stephen Ireland while Nedum Onuoha is set to sign a three-year contract.

Chelsea's £25million move for Danny has been dealt a serious injury blow.

Newcastle are desperate to keep young goalkeeper Fraser Forster.

Wigan want to sign Alan Smith from Newcastle.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has lined up a move for FC Twente striker Marko Arnautovic.

Everton face stiff competition for Inter Milan striker David Suazo with Manchester City and Villarreal also interested.

THE PEOPLE:

Sunderland are set to have a £200million transfer budget thanks to new owner Ellis Short.

Gareth Southgate will be asked to oversee a fire sale of players if Middlesbrough are relegated.

Bayern Munich want Portsmouth's England right-back Glen Johnson.

Manchester City are ready to offer Gareth Barry £19million in wages to tempt him to Eastlands.

Arsenal are ready to launch a club-record move for Roque Santa Cruz.

Aston Villa are set to make another move for David Bentley.

Stephen Hunt and Andre Bikey are on their way out of Reading. Hunt is a target for Everton while Wigan want Bikey.

Everton are closing in on a £12million deal for Joao Moutinho. another target at one time fo us

Manchester United want Charlton's England youth defender Carl Jenkinson.

Middlesbrough want Leeds winger Robert Snodgrass.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is ready to sign Polish goalkeeper Grzegorz Szamotulski.

Lucas Neill and West Ham are set to agree a new deal.

Kettering boss Mark Cooper is favourite to take over at Chesterfield.

Salomon Kalou has hinted he may leave Chelsea.

Alan Irvine is on Reading's short-list for their vacant managerial position.

DAILY STAR SUNDAY:

Manchester City are set to join the race to land Gareth Barry.

Spurs will switch their attention to Juventus striker Vincenzo Ianquinta - if they fail to land Kenwyne Jones from Sunderland.

Derby are launching a £500,000 bid for Blackpool defender Shaun Barker.

Fulham are lining up a move for FC Twente striker Marko Arnautovic.

Southampton winger Nathan Dyer is wanted by Ajax.

Fremch club Marseille have joined Wigan in showing an interest in Didier Zokora.

Oldham want Bradford skipper Graeme Lee on a free.

Coventry want Leicester outcast DJ Campbell.

Nigel Clough is ready to get rid of £3million flop Claude Davis to Crystal Palace - for nothing.

SUNDAY MIRROR:

David Beckham is set to join Chelsea as part of Carlo Ancelotti's blueprint for the club.

Kanu is anxiously awaiting a decision from Portsmouth as to whether he's to be offered a new deal.

Miccah Richards has been assured he has a future at Manchester City.

Aston Villa are preparing a £9million offer for Almeria left-back Mane.

Ipswich and Sunderland want Bristol City midfielder Marvin Elliott.

Fulham have turned down the chance to sign Giles Barnes on a permanent deal. we was after him at one time
:think:
THE MAIL ON SUNDAY:

Sir Alex Ferguson insists Cristiano Ronaldo is staying at Manchester United but Carlos Tevez looks set to leave.

SUNDAY EXPRESS:

Texan millionaire Ellis Short will complete his buy-out of Sunderland this week.

Liverpool's pursuit of Glen Johnson is gathering pace.

SUNDAY MAIL:

Walter Smith fears the sack if Rangers fail to win the title.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

SUNDAY MIRROR - David Beckham is set to join Chelsea as part of Carlo Ancelotti's blueprint for the club. Also: Toon boss Alan Shearer insists that saving Newcastle from relegation today would be the pinnacle of his career.

NEWS OF THE WOLD - Cristiano Ronaldo today pledges: ''I am staying at Manchester United.''

DAILY STAR - Djibril Cisse is closing down his classy Newcastle clothes shop The Pr9ject - sparking fears that the Sunderland striker will be leaving in the summer. Also: Manchester City are ready to battle Liverpool for Aston Villa's £20million-rated England midfielder Gareth Barry.

MAIL ON SUNDAY - Sir Alex Ferguson insists that Cristiano Ronaldo will remain at Old Trafford for another season, after further intense speculation over a renewed £70million bid from Real Madrid for the FIFA World Player of the Year.

SUNDAY EXPRESS - Texan millionaire Ellis Short will complete his buy-out of relegation-threatened Sunderland this week and hand the club's new manager £200million to build a team capable of winning the Premier League. Also: AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti admits he would love to manage Chelsea - but insists he will stay at the San Siro next season.

THE PEOPLE - Sunderland will this week be handed a £200million boost when billionare Ellis Short buys the club. Also: Angry Patrice Evra last night accused Cecs Fabregas and Arsenal of trying to kick him out of the Champions League final.

SUNDAY TELEGRAPH - Carlo Ancelotti, the AC Milan coach, said last night that he is ''100 per cent'' certain that he will stay at Milan next season.

INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY - The Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has given mixed messages over his future as he continues to be linked with Chelsea.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

ashton looking forward

Post by cockney hammer »

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1665116,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

we keep hearing this :think:
AlfieG
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: ashton looking forward

Post by AlfieG »

True.....

Now go out and buy your season ticket! :wink:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

AlfieG wrote:True.....

Now go out and buy your season ticket! :wink:

if only i had the money mate first thing i would do after i got out of this hell hole :wink:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Despite what has been said during the week, it certainly appears as though he will not be got rid of in the summer.
maltab

Re: sundays gossip includes west ham now updated

Post by maltab »

Could we see our current captain sign a new contract before today,s game i wonder ?.
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

You missed a bit :wink:

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/fans1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Gnome wrote:You missed a bit :wink:

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/fans1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

will not let me open it mate???
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

cockney hammer wrote:
http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/fans1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at the wigan one, Parker upset this lot