sunday's gossip includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

sunday's gossip includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the star

EIDUR Gudjohnsen has sent a “come and get me” plea to his old pal Gianfranco Zola.

The Iceland striker hinted that he would love to link up again with his former Chelsea team-mate at West Ham after Barcelona put him up for sale.

Gudjohnsen is keen to return to England and the Icelandic-owned Hammers would be an ideal option.

He said: ìReturning to England is probably inevitable. There is a lot of interest from the Premier League.

ìI had a great time with Chelsea and Gianfranco and I know the game inside out. I know I would adapt easily to the football there.

Although a move to Upton Park would be preferable, Gudjohnsen, 30, is unlikely to be short of Premier League offers.

Portsmouth are already eyeing him as a cheap replacement for Peter Crouch if they have to sell.†

And Fulham boss Roy Hodgson could also be in the queue if the price is right.

hands up if you would love to join zola and the gang

news of the world

ANTON FERDINAND HEADING BACK
West Ham try cut-price bid for Sunderland defender

WEST HAM will consider a cut-price bid to buy back Anton Ferdinand.

New Sunderland boss Steve Bruce does not want the former England Under-21 centre-half. Ferdinand, 24, joined the Black Cats last summer for £8million.

With skipper Matt Upson likely to be on his way to Manchester City or Aston Villa, the Hammers will need to bolster their back four.

So West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola is ready to test Sunderland with a £2m bid.

anton heading back??

birmingham mail

Birmingham agree Bowyer terms with West Ham

Birmingham City have struck terms for West Ham United midfielder Lee Bowyer.

The Birmingham Mail says Bowyer spent a successful loan spell at St Andrew’s from January, adding impetus to the push for Championship promotion.

And now, after protracted negotiations, he has become the latest addition to the ranks in a busy summer.

There are still some fine details to iron out before the signing, on a free transfer from West Ham, is announced.

But Alex McLeish can now move on to his next target.

whu.com

Tony Brookes signs West Ham pro deal

Tony Brookes has signed a pro deal with West Ham United.

"I feel over the moon," Brookes told whufc.com. "It's a great honour to be picked by West Ham to get my first contract. The club have had many great players come through the ranks and hopefully I can be the next one.

"I've been here since I was eight and hopefully I can carry on and get into the first team," said Brookes, who named Manchester United and England's former Hammer Rio Ferdinand and Chelsea's Portugal right-back Jose Bosingwa as the defenders on whom he tries to base his own game.

whu.com

West Ham striker Sears keen to get started at Palace

West Ham United striker Freddie Sears is excited about his loan move to Crystal Palace.

"I can't wait at the minute," Sears, who returned from his summer holiday to complete the deal, told whufc.com. "I want to get a good pre-season behind me and then go from there.

"I'll get more experience from playing week-in, week-out in front of fans at a good standard of football. I think getting a good run in the team and starting to get some goals should be good."

Sears will work under experienced manager Neil Warnock at Selhurst Park, and the striker revealed that the Palace boss has told him he will be given every chance to impress in what is a tough, physically demanding division.

"He said I'll play and then see what happens and hopefully we'll have a good season there," he added.

"It's a good league. You see the teams coming up getting stronger and stronger and there are a few big teams in there like Newcastle and Middlesbrough so it should be a good challenge.

"I think it will be a bit more physical. I don't think it will be faster as the Premier League is probably the fastest league. I'll just have to get stronger and see what happens."

Arsenal are poised to hijack Manchester United's £25m bid to sign 21-year-old striker Karim Benzema from Lyon.
News of the World

Manchester City have completed a £25m swoop for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o, 28, and they are expected to announce that they have also signed Carlos Tevez.
News of the World

Chelsea will make a new £50m offer for AC Milan's Brazilian striker Pato after their initial £45m bid for the 19-year-old was rejected.

Meanwhile, Blues striker Didier Drogba, midfielder Michael Essien and defender Ashley Cole are to be offered new £125,000-a-week deals, but Joe Cole and Jose Bosingwa could be on their way out of Stamford Bridge.
News of the World

Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant is agonising over a switch across Stanley Park to join Everton.
News of the World

Xabi Alonso's future at Anfield depends on Real Madrid's bid to sign David Villa from Valencia. If Real fail to purchase the striker, they will meet Liverpool's £25m asking price for Alonso.
News of the World

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has urged manager Rafael Benitez to try and sign one of his Spanish international team-mates David Villa, David Silva or Juan Mata, who all play for Valencia.
News of the World

Aston Villa are ready to make a £5m swoop for German international Tim Borowski, 29, who plays in midfield for Bayern Munich.
News of the World

Stoke are ready to smash their transfer record and spend £6m on Newcastle's Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins. But they are likely to face competition from Everton, Aston Villa and Tottenham.
News of the World

West Ham want to bring Anton Ferdinand back to Upton Park from Sunderland in a cut-price deal. New Black Cats boss Steve Bruce does not want the 24-year-old, who moved to Wearside last summer, and Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola will make a £2m bid
News of the World

Meanwhile, Bruce is ready to make a £5m bid for Rangers 24-year-old midfielder Steven Davis.
News of the World
Last edited by cockney hammer on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
notanuvloss!
Total likes: 6 likes

Re: sunday's gossip includes west ham

Post by notanuvloss! »

Bringing Anton back may prove to be a good move for all parties, he will certainly gel with GFZ, and it will free up the money that we are likely to get from Citeh if Upson moves on for other signings

Cheers CH, as always :thup:

IRONS
party iron

Post by party iron »

It would be good to see anton back, but dont see it happening.

Good morning Ch :thup:
Zola4ever

Post by Zola4ever »

would like to see it but cant see it happening
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

morning pi i would let him stay up there do not really need him when we have upson and tomkins.. do not think he has improved that much since he left us imho..plus we have the ginger pele as well
orpingtonhammer

Post by orpingtonhammer »

Morning and Thanks CH.....
Eidur...? Someones been reading our thread
Anton - thought he was happy up north
Jimmy the Saint

Post by Jimmy the Saint »

I can hear Duxers now "We'll have to take Anton on a loan to start with just so we can have a look at the lad, see what he's all about and see if he fits in around here". :wink:
party iron

Post by party iron »

cockney hammer wrote:morning pi i would let him stay up there do not really need him when we have upson and tomkins.. do not think he has improved that much since he left us imho..
I have got a feeling Collins might be out of here and we don't know how well Gabbs will come back, so with that thinking Anton at £2m in my opinion would be good business.

I agree with what you say though, in the games i see him play last year he ain't improved and looked shocking in a couple
Fade & Die

Post by Fade & Die »

Good morning Steve and thanks for the news mate.
I reckon this Bowyer deal is intertwined with some of the money we probably still owe for Upson.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

PeteHerts wrote:Good morning Steve and thanks for the news mate.
I reckon this Bowyer deal is intertwined with some of the money we probably still owe for Upson.

could have a point there pete
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

I definately want Anton back...he owes me a tenner..Pardon?
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

but hasn't he been released?

I don't see us being involved in this deal.
party iron

Post by party iron »

Pete i think Bowyers out of contract july 1st so think it just being delayed tell then.He is on £40,000 a week here so he will want our contract to run the full length before he signs his new much less contract
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Memorial Ground wrote:but hasn't he been released?

I don't see us being involved in this deal.

morning babes :D :wink:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

No thanks to either Anton or Gudjohnsen Gotta be far better options around
party iron

Post by party iron »

Puff Daddy wrote:No thanks to either Anton or Gudjohnsen Gotta be far better options around
eerrrr........Freddy :lol:
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

f*** off CH, I'm not a bender :P
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Memorial Ground wrote:f*** off CH, I'm not a bender :P

lol
Fade & Die

Post by Fade & Die »

party iron wrote:Pete i think Bowyers out of contract july 1st so think it just being delayed tell then.He is on £40,000 a week here so he will want our contract to run the full length before he signs his new much less contract
Ah I sit corrected cheers mate.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Arsenal are ready to hijack Manchester United's move for Karim Benzema and Stoke are set to bid £6million for striker Obafemi Martins.

NEWS OF THE WORLD

Manchester City have completed a £25million swoop for Samuel Eto'o and are set to confirm they have landed Carlos Tevez for £30million.

Kaka has told Manchester City they were never a big enough club to tempt him.

Newcastle face a new £750,000 bill for Michael Owen and Mark Viduka - even though they won't play for the club again.

Roman Abramovich will welcome new Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti by splashing £100million with Alexandre Pato the Blues' top target.

Arsenal are ready to hijack Manchester United's move for Karim Benzema.

Fernando Torres has urged Rafael Benitez to deliver one of his amigos to Anfield and help Liverpool wrest the Premier League title from Manchester United.

Jermaine Pennant is agonising over a dramatic switch to Everton.

Sunderland will slap in a £5million bid for Rangers ace Steve Davis.

Xabi Alonso's Liverpool future now depends on Real Madrid's bid for David Villa.

Obafemi Martins is being lined up for a £6million switch to Stoke.

Aston Villa are ready to make a £5million swoop for Tim Borowski.

West Ham want to make a cut-price bid to re-sign Anton Ferdinand.

West Brom plan to make an official approach for Alan Irvine inside 48 hours.

Chelsea's Michael Mancienne may join Reading on loan.

THE PEOPLE

Michael Owen is in talks with Everton about a cut-price wage deal.

Arjen Robben is being lined up to continue the conveyor belt of top stars rolling into Manchester City. City are already closing in on Samuel Eto'o and Carlos Tevez.

Robbie Keane has emerged as a shock target for Aston Villa.

Andriy Shevchenko is to be offered a megabucks deal in Qatar.

Fraizer Campbell is set for a £6million move to Sunderland.

Sir Alex Ferguson will clinch the £15.25million signing of Antonio Valencia and them turn his attentions to Karim Benzema and Alexis Sanchez.

Bolton have slapped a £10million price tag on Kevin Davies to scare off old boss Sam Allardyce.

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano will stay after Barcelona finally agreed to midfielder Yaya Toure's contract demands.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is making a cut-price £8million bid to sign Stewart Downing.

Birmingham are lining up Monaco striker Frederic Nimani.

Everton boss David Moyes is set to follow up his interest in Peterborough goalkeeper Joe Lewis.

Burnley have bid £2.75million for Hibs' Steven Fletcher and £1.75million for Marcus Tudgay, with David Edgar and Tyrone Mears set to move to Turf Moor this week.

Sam Allardyce will clinch the signing of midfielder Steven Nzonzi from Amiens in a £600,000 deal that could rise to £1.2million.

Roman Pavyluchenko could end his Spurs nightmare with an £8million switch to Villarreal.

Newcastle will have to pay Kevin Nolan to leave for Hull.

Marseille central defender Ronaldo Zubar is finally set to join Wolves.

Sheffield United are chasing Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford.

Gareth Southgate has offered former Crystal Palace manager Alan Smith a football consultant's role at Middlesbrough.

Newcastle flop Claudio Cacapa is wanted by Montpellier.

DAILY STAR SUNDAY

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has made a club-record £30million bid - plus £10million-rated striker Nicklas Bendtner - for Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery.

Phil Jagielka claims he wouldn't blame team-mate Joleon Lescott for joining Manchester City.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to raid Everton again - this time for Jack Rodwell.

Chelsea have officially dropped out of the race for Carlos Tevez - leaving Manchester City clear to get their £30million man this week.

Sir Alex Ferguson will decide this week whether to bid for David Villa or Karim Benzema - after jetting back from his summer holiday in France.

Everton are ready to make a move for Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Michael Bradley.

Michael Owen wants to be a football coach, not a racehorse trainer, when he retires.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has opened contract talks with Alvaro Arbeloa.

Aston Villa are on the trail of former Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb.

Eidur Gudjohnsen has sent a 'come and get me' plea to Gianfranco Zola

Tony Pulis is ready to smash Stoke's transfer record with a £6million move for Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins.

Hull manager Phil Brown admits Geovanni could be sold if someone is willing to break the bank for the Brazilian.

Sunderland and Wigan are competing to sign Honduras midfielder Hendry Thomas.

Stoke will battle it out with Wigan for South Africa midfielder Teko Modise.

Hull full-back Sam Ricketts is heading for Portsmouth in a £2million move.

Sunderland are keeping a close eye on Valerenga striker Moa Abdellaoue.

Everton and West Ham are keen on Lyon striker Kader Keita.

Hull outcast Bryan Hughes has opened talks with Middlesbrough.

West Brom will make an official approach for Preston boss Alan Irvine in the next 48 hours.

Burnley boss Owen Coyle is preparing a £3million bid for Hibs striker Steven Fletcher.

Reading and Cardiff are locked in a battle to sign Doncaster's Martin Woods.

Newcastle face having their defensive heart ripped out with Sebastien Bassong and Habib Beye attracting plenty of attention.

Fulham will open talks with Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin next month.

Former boss Brendan Rodgers is ready to raid Watford to take Tommy Smith and Tamas Priskin with him to Reading.

Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies is set to seal a £1.75million double swoop for David McGoldrick and Paul Anderson.

Sam Sodje wants Leeds to offer him a permanent return to Elland Road.

Southampton winger Ryan Smith has been handed a week's trial at NAC Breda.

Sheffield United have emerged as favourites to sign Jermaine Beckford.

Leeds want to sign Sheffield United midfielder Lee Hendrie.

Barnsley have rejected an improved bid from Bristol City for Anderson de Silva.

Oldham want Rangers midfielder Dean Furman in a £50,000 deal.

SUNDAY MIRROR

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has shied away from the chance to sign Michael Owen because he thinks Gabriel Agbonlahor will be England's World Cup striker.

Fraizer Campbell is set to join Sunderland after the European Under-21 Championship.

Sir Alex Ferguson returns to work tomorrow with £100million to spend - but a recruitment crisis. Manchester United are, though, preparing a £25million bid for Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure.

Manchester City are threatening to pull the plug on their swoop for Samuel Eto'o unless Barcelona slash their £40million asking price.

Fernando Torres has told Liverpool they need to sign a different type of player if they want to win the Premier League next season.

Everton are set to offer former Arsenal playmaker Jose Antonio Reyes a return to the Premier League.

Alvaro Arbeloa is desperate to quit Liverpool and join Real Madrid.

Villarreal are the first club to show an interest in Roman Pavlyuchenko.

Clint Dempsey has insisted he won't be quitting Fulham.

Jim Gannon will be named Motherwell boss this week
Last edited by cockney hammer on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.