Tuesday's gossip includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Tuesday's gossip includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the mail

Sunderland plan £5m raid for Hammers defender Collins

Sunderland have launched a £5million raid for West Ham centre back James Collins after Steve Bruce boosted his defence with the capture of out-of-contract Paraguay skipper Paulo da Silva on a three-year deal from Mexican side Toluca.

The Wales international, 25, returned to action for West Ham in October last year after a nine-month absence with severe knee-ligament damage and has also attracted interest from Celtic.

With Matthew Upson, James Tomkins and Danny Gabbidon already on his books, Gianfranco Zola may be tempted to part with Collins to raise funds for his own recruitment plans

the mirror
West Ham flop Julien Faubert wanted in Germany

West Ham flop Julien Faubert is wanted by Bayer Leverkusen.

France international Faubert, 25, spent the end of last season on loan at Real Madrid but barely played.

West Ham do not want their £5m signing back and are ready to do a cutprice deal, with Leverkusen hoping to get him for around £1m.

Manchester City could move for Emmanuel Adebayor after landing Carlos Tevez, while Tottenham are considering a shock swoop for Patrick Vieira.

DAILY STAR

Manchester City were last night locked in talks to thrash out a £30million deal for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Manchester City were putting the finishing touches to a £26million deal for Carlos Tevez last night.

John Terry wants Chelsea to make him the highest paid player at the club if he turns his back on Manchester City.

Alex Ferguson last night put away his cheque book after insisting: "We can win the title with the players we've got."

Michael Owen reckons he can become the bargain signing of the summer after insisting his Manchester United career will be full of goals and not injuries.

Steve Bruce's contacts in South America have come up trumps at the Stadium of Light with Paraguay skipper Paulo da Silva joining Sunderland on a three-year contract.

Gianfranco Zola admits he may try to bring Eidur Gudjohnsen to West Ham on loan for a season.

Martin O'Neill aims to complete a £24million double move for Darren Bent and Stewart Downing this week.

Jonathan Greening is set to quit West Brom and sign for Fulham in a £3.5million deal.

Tony Pulis is lining up a £750,000 bid for England Under-21 star Adam Lallana.

DAILY MAIL

Carlos Tevez signed for Manchester City last night in a £25million transfer and insisted that he can help take them to the Premier League title.

Xabi Alonso has been told he must make an official transfer request to show everyone how keen he is to leave Liverpool and join Real Madrid.

Sunderland have launched a £5m raid for West Ham centre back James Collins after Steve Bruce boosted his defence with the capture of out-of-contract Paraguay skipper Paulo da Silva on a three-year deal from Mexican side Toluca.

Lorik Cana says he will back out of a move to Hamburg should Everton launch a last-gasp £6m bid in the next 24 hours.

Blackburn Rovers are giving a week long trial to French 22-year-old left winger El-Jadeyaoui.

Tottenham have opened talks on the controversial signing of former Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira.

Manchester City were last night closing in on an incredible £25m deal for Emmanuel Adebayor.

DAILY EXPRESS

Arsenal have slapped a £25million asking price on the head of Emmanuel Adebayor after Manchester City turned their attention to him.

Tottenham are confident of completing the £8million signing of Sheffield United duo Kyle Naughton and Kyle Walker.

Stoke midfielder Rory Delap has signed a one-year contract extension to remain at the Potteries club until 2011.

The planned takeover of Portsmouth by Arab billionaire Sulaiman Al Fahim has taken a step forward with the completion of due diligence.

Jonathan Greening is set to quit West Brom and sign for Fulham in a £2.5milion deal.

Chelsea and Manchester City have have put England defender John Terry under pressure to make his position public.

Sir Alex Ferguson last night put away his chequebook then defended his frugal summer spending, saying he is not prepared to pay "stupid" money for players.

THE SUN

Manchester City are on the brink of completing a stunning £25million swoop for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Alex Ferguson has accused Carlos Tevez of betraying Manchester United and doing deals with rivals City in January after the Argentine signed a five-year deal at Eastlands to complete a £26.5million move.

Roberto Martinez has told his Wigan predecessor Steve Bruce that England Under-21 international Lee Catermole is not for sale.

Alex Ferguson stunned Manchester United fans by saying that there will be no more signings at Old Trafford this summer.

David Beckham has opened the door for a dramatic return to the Premier League.

Steve Bruce has wrapped up his second summer signing by landing Paraguay skipper Paulo da Silva.

Rory Delap has pledged himself to Stoke until 2011 by signing a one-year contract extension.

Phil Brown will make a £10million offer for Cardiff duo Joe Ledley and Ross McCormack this week.

Fulham have offered £2,5million plus Hameur Bouazza in their bid to land West Brom midfielder Jonathan Greening.

Fans' favourite Habib Beye last night laid bare the frustrations at Newcastle and insisted: " I have to leave for the sake of my career- I've been given no choice."

DAILY MIRROR

Carlos Tevez joined Manchester City last night in a £64million deal as Sir Alex Ferguson claimed the transfer market had lost touch with reality. Tevez has cost £25million and will earn £150,000 a week.

Arsenal are demanding £25million for Emmanuel Adebayor after Manchester City put the striker top of their hit-list.

John Terry last night held summit talks with his advisors as he agonised over his future.

Xabi Alonso will force showdown talks over his future after failing to be convinced he is wanted at Liverpool.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has made an £11million double raid for Sheffield United duo Kyle Naughton and Kyle Walker - to the annoyance of Everton.

Aston Villa are poised to table a second bid of around £7million for Leeds midfielder Fabian Delph.

Fulham are offering £2.5million plus Hamuer Bouazza for West Brom skipper Jonathan Greening.

West Ham flop Julien Faubert is wanted by Bayer Leverkusen.

Arsene Wenger is set to nick Frank Nouble, Chelsea's highest-rated youngster in years.

Everton have been offered Benfica midfielder Hassan Yebda in a £3million deal.

Richard Eckersley has stunned Manchester United by rejecting a new deal - and is now set to join Burnley.

Sheffield United want Kasper Schmeichel to solve their goalkeeping crisis.

DAILY RECORD

Celtic defender Scott Cuthbert snubbed St Mirren to join Swindon.

Wolves have bid £1million for Hamilton wonderkid James McCarthy - but the offer will be withdrawn today unless it is accepted.

Hearts' interest in ex-Hibs midfielder Denes Rosa has cooled as they step up their pursuit of Stephen Hughes.

Valencia are in talks to sell David Villa to Barcelona but not for less than 50m Euros (£43m).
Marca (in Spanish)

Tottenham want to sign former Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira and have opened talks with the Inter Milan player. Spurs could capture the Frenchman on a free transfer and pay-as-you-play deal.
Daily Mail

Manchester City are on the brink of signing Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor for £25m and wages of £130,000 per week.
The Sun

Or, the fee will be £30m and the Togo striker will pick up wages of £170,000 a week.
Daily Star

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger could use the cash from the sale of Adebayor to sign Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh. (The Sun)

Chelsea captain John Terry wants the club to make him the highest-paid player at Stamford Bridge if he turns his back on Manchester City. Terry has been offered £250,000 a week by the Eastlands outfit.
Daily Star

Arsenal are set to poach 17-year-old Chelsea winger Frank Nouble after he turned down professional forms with the Blues.
Daily Mirror

West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola wants to sign Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen on a season-long loan deal.
Daily Star

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has told Reds boss Rafael Benitez that he wants to join Real Madrid - but stopped short of handing in a transfer request. (Daily Star)

Aston Villa are aiming to complete a £24m double move for Tottenham striker Darren Bent and Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing this week.
Daily Star

Villa are also set to bid £7m to land Leeds midfielder Fabian Delph, who is also wanted by Everton. (Daily Mirror)

Hull are set to make a £10m raid on Cardiff to sign winger Joe Ledley and striker Ross McCormack.
The Sun

Sunderland have launched a £5m raid for West Ham centre-back James Collins. (Daily Mail)

Marseille midfielder Lorik Cana says he will move to Everton and back out of a deal to join Hamburg if the Toffees make a last-minute £6m bid for him. (Daily Mail)

Fulham are on the verge of signing West Brom midfielder Jonathan Greening in a deal that will see them hand the Baggies £2.5m, plus winger Hameur Bouazza.
The Sun

Tottenham have offered £11m to sign Sheffield United full-backs Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton.
Daily Mirror

Sheffield United are keen to capture Manchester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel.
Daily Mirror

Everton boss David Moyes wants to take Port Vale teenager James Lawrie on trial. (Daily Star)

West Ham winger Julien Faubert is wanted by Bayer Leverkusen.
Daily Mirror

Fulham are also weighing up a move for South African midfielder Kagiso Dkigacoi, who currently plays for Golden Arrows. (Daily Star)

Everton have been offered Benfica midfielder Hassan Yebda for £3m.
Daily Mirror

Stoke are lining up a £750,000 bid for Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana in an attempt to beat Wolves to his signature.
Daily Star

Burnley are set to sign right-back Richard Eckersley after he turned down a new deal at Manchester United.
Daily Mirror

Leicester are closing in on £1.5m-rated Gillingham striker Simeon Jackson. (The Sun)

Newcastle defender Habib Beye has insisted he must leave the club in order to save his career - Blackburn are believed to be among those interested in signing him.
The Sun

Preston are ready to sign Norwich midfielder Darel Russell in a deal that could result in North End winger Simon Whaley going the other way. (Daily Star)

Burnley are set to tie up a deal for Hamilton full-back Brian Easton for an initial fee of about £400,000.
The Sun

Yeovil are giving a trial to striker Dean Bowditch, who has been released by Ipswich. (Daily Star)

Striker Lee Hughes is set for talks with Sheffield Wednesday and Doncaster after leaving Oldham. (Daily Star)

Norwich have taken former Sunderland and Leeds striker Michael Bridges and ex-Rangers forward Chris Craig on trial. (Daily Star)

Bristol City are set to sign Derby defender Lewin Nyatanga in a deal worth about £500,000. (Daily Star)

Stockport have handed former Manchester United midfielder Floribert N'Galula a trial as he looks for a move from Sparta Rotterdam. (Daily Star)

Arabian billionaire Sulaiman Al Fahim is close to completing a takeover at Portsmouth after all the relevant checks were made. (Daily Star)

Stiliyan Petrov is the dressing room favourite to become Aston Villa skipper. Boss Martin O'Neill needs to choose a new captain following the sale of Gareth Barry and the retirement of Martin Laursen.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Re: Tuesday's gossip includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

Liverpool will permit Xabi Alonso to leave if the midfield player publicly expresses his desire to join Real Madrid.

Alonso has told Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, he wants to go but stopped short of asking for a transfer while Florentino Pérez, the Real president, has spoken to Benítez but not made an offer. Alonso is unlikely to be part of the squad that travels to Malaysia on Saturday for a pre-season tour.

The proposed transfer would be worth about £32million, with Liverpool likely to use the money to sign an attacking replacement.

Tottenham Hotspur have held talks with Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton after tabling a combined offer of about £8million for the Sheffield United defenders. Tottenham offered £5million for Naughton, the right back, who would prefer to move to Everton.

Steven Pienaar is unhappy that Everton have not offered him an improved contract, to match those given to three team-mates recently. The South Africa midfield player, who has two years left on his deal, has attracted interest from Villarreal, Galatasaray and Tottenham. “If Everton view me as part of their long-term plans they should make me an offer soon,” he said. “Could I end up elsewhere? You never know.”

Sunderland have offered about £5million for James Collins, the West Ham United defender who is attracting interest from Celtic. Sunderland also have the option to sign Calum Davenport, a West Ham team-mate, after a loan spell last season and have inquired after Michael Dawson, the Tottenham defender. Bayer Leverkusen are interested in Julien Faubert, the West Ham midfield player.

Blackburn Rovers have inquired about Kenwyne Jones, the Sunderland striker.

Zamalek, the Egyptian side, are willing to pay up to £1million to sign Mido, the Egypt forward, on loan from Middlesbrough.

Blackburn have given a trial to Alharbi el-Jadeyaoui, the midfield player who has one year left on his contract at Brest, of the French second division.

Paulo Da Silva has signed a three-year deal with Sunderland after the defender left Toluca, of Mexico.

Brian Easton is expected to move to Burnley after the club agreed a fee for the Hamilton defender.
Jameslegend
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Jameslegend »

Faubert hasn't set the world alight, granted, but £1m? Surely we can get more than that for him!

Would prefer to keep Collins too!

Cheers CH :thup:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Thanks CH. We should hold out for more than 1 Million for Faubert. If thats all is on offer I would prefer to keep him in case we have a bad run of injuries again. :think:
Zola4ever

Post by Zola4ever »

im amazed teams are offering anything for faubert he hasn't proved his worth £500 let alone a £ 1million. I want him to stay i think has something to prove this season.
woody1

Post by woody1 »

1 million thats a joke :eh: Who in there right mind would pay a million for him :lol:
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

£1m Tell them to f*** themselves. Keep Faubert for anything under a £5/6m. Especially with Lucas not yet re-signed...
Nutmeg

Post by Nutmeg »

I think Faubert has a lot to prove this season, which is why if I was Zola, I would be giving him a lot of game time pre-season.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

i'm sure we haven't seen the best of faubert yet, i would love to see him get a good run.
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Thanks CH..

Michael Owen reckons he can become the bargain signing of the summer after insisting his Manchester United career will be full of goals and not injuries.

Oh dear Michael has just gone and jinxed his Season...

Looks like we are going to have a good ol' clear out ...
and all of the replacements will be on loan.
Julian's Dick

Post by Julian's Dick »

I'm going to put my balls on the line as a serial Julien Fabuery hater but I reckon he will do well this season!! Especially if Lucas Neill doesn't come back, Julien Faubert will play well for the hammers.

You heard it here first.
nobleforengland

Post by nobleforengland »

He needs to sort out his attitude by the looks of it. Whats the betting we sell him for £1m+ and hey presto he tears up the bundesliga and wins player of the year etc :lol:
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Dyltheiron wrote:£1m Tell them to f*** themselves. Keep Faubert for anything under a £5/6m. Especially with Lucas not yet re-signed...
You're doctor needs to reduce your medication mate!
deputydogg

Post by deputydogg »

Shame Real Madrid didnt want Faubert, I bet they would have paid stupid money as well

Hes a typical Frenchman, I'm the best and everyone else is wrong sort of manour.
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

There has to be more to Faubert, whether he just dislikes West Ham, whether its the food, the climate, the service in the Queens,
the laundery putting too much starch in his underwear... who knows?
But there really has to be more to this guy... :think:
FDiMcA
teh
Location: Locked in a cellar, not sure where but I can smell hotdogs

Post by FDiMcA »

Didnt Real Madrid pay money for Faubert, it was an advance payment to us with an option for Real to buy,
IIRC Madrid did more than just pay his wages.

Am I dreaming.
Did Madrid pay £1.5m to us! :shock:

If you add £1m from Leverkussen, then we have recouped £2.5m on a player who has failed miserably.
If we keep him and dont play him not only will his wages continue to debit our account, but his value will drop further,a nd his contract approach expiry.

I cant be right about Madrid paying can I.
:oops:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham's Ashton moves a step closer to Stoke move
| Ian Ferris

West Ham's Dean Ashton did not travel with the rest of the Hammers squad to Austria on Monday, increasing speculation he will soon move to Stoke.

Stoke chairman Peter Coates revealed last month that the Potters had made an enquiry about Ashton, and Tony Pulis has since confirmed the former Crewe man is a player he would like to sign this summer.

It is understood the Potters have held advanced talks with Ashton, who is keen to return to north, and are hoping to conclude a deal as quickly as possible.

tribal football on the ball again :wink: :lol: :lol:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham are leading the chase for Lille midfielder Ludovic Obraniak according to reports in France.

However, it is thought the player would prefer to stay in France, but at the moment he has onoly received interest from West Ham, Saragossa and Hamburg.

L'Equipe reports that the player sees his future away from Lille, bit his club are keen to hang on to him.
Galwayman
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Galwayman »

the oldham stripper wrote:i'm sure we haven't seen the best of faubert yet
Thank God for that - if we have seen the best of him we are rightly f$%$^ed..... :wink: