friday's gossip

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

dtp2

Re: friday's gossip

Post by dtp2 »

If Alonso is worth £32m, then...... can someone finish this sentence for me please as the red mist is descending
Matt

Post by Matt »

cockney hammer wrote:only done it like that because i have a day off will try and do it at the weekend..
Ah, well I liked it... must take a while though so I'm definitely not expecting it to become a permanent fixture!
PrawnSandwich

Re: relegation beckons for west ham and here is why

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Incey-is-a-moron! wrote:This is the worst West Ham blog on the net. I cannot remember there ever being anything worth reading on it. Just total crap.
Exactly for a 50 year old bloke the twat is like a child with his nicknames and Spurs obsessed dribble.
Always keen to jump on the negative unlike this shiny beacon of hope.
:lol:

Plus he failed tyo credit KUMB for the interview with Duxbu, Duxbour, Duckx... whatever the f*** his name is.
:arry:
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

dtp2 wrote:If Alonso is worth £32m, then...... can someone finish this sentence for me please as the red mist is descending
Ashton is worth £50m even when injured.
Sell the ****er.
:lol:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

It's inflation.

Suprised actually.

Plenty of experts on here in January saying that prices go down in the summer.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

bubbles1966 wrote:It's inflation.
Plenty of experts on here in January saying that prices go down in the summer.
Prices normally would go down in the summer. Unless the summer begins with Real Madrid and Man City going absolutely mental and artificially inflating prices!
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

bobd_uk wrote:
Prices normally would go down in the summer. Unless the summer begins with Real Madrid and Man City going absolutely mental and artificially inflating prices!
It's a myth IMO.

Last year Berbatov, Keane, Robinho etc all went for £20-£32 million in the summer.....
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham Midfielder Nigel Quashie Pondered Retirement During Injury Hell
The Scotland international has admitted that he came close to leaving the game...

West Ham
United midfielder Nigel Quashie has admitted he considered quitting during his injury nightmare.

The former Scottish international missed more than a year of football after breaking his foot and he struggled to come to terms with being on the sidelines for such a long time.

"At one stage I seriously considered packing it in because I didn't think I could get back to the same level that I was at," he told Sky Sports News.

But he knows the battle is on to regain his place. "A lot of players have been brought to the club and it's going to be difficult to get back into the team."

West Ham kick off the new season against Wolves on August 15.
Zola4ever

Post by Zola4ever »

Faubert spent the final five months of the 2008/09 season on loan at European heavyweights Real Madrid. The experience of training with the likes of Iker Casillas, Fabio Cannavaro and Raul was a fascinating experience for the versatile performer.
"I'm happy to be back at West Ham. Madrid was a good experience, a big club and the training was very good like it is here. But I am happy to come back to West Ham. It is my third year and maybe I will stay, maybe I won't. I will try to do my best and we'll see what happens."
http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1725402,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:think:
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Thanks CH,

I don't in all honesty see us in trouble next Season, unless we loose key players like Upson & Green.
When Eggy had his spending binge we bought Dyer, Faubert & Parker.. closely followed by Lungberg & Bellamy.
Only parker proved to be any use to us, the others were injured for most of their stay with us, or just did'nt settle.

I would rather see us make considered signings, even if they are on a loan basis for the next few years. :crest:
Let Man City go nuts with their spending frenzy, we will see them sack Mark Hughes because they are not top of the league or in the Champions league.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Dieter Eckstein wrote:Burnley
Wolves
Birmingham
Stoke
Portsmouth
Bolton
Hull

There's 7 reasons why we won't be relegated, even if we don't sign anyone else this summer!
I reckon Wolves or Birmingham might stay up, with a good start and some hefty defending. Burnley look too lightweight.

The real crash and burn story seems to be Portsmouth, especially if they sell Crouch and Distin and Campbell doesn't renew his contract. They're getting closer and closer to having a first eleven, a bench and then nothing else. Probably not what Mullins had in mind at Christmas - at this rate, he's got the pick of about 5 positions.

Stoke and Hull - they will both struggle, despite some quality in some areas.

I so hope we see the back of Bolton too, but Davies is always good for at least a dozen goals (and 5000 fouls).
Bromleyboy
Location: ....waiting for the lift so I can go to the next level
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Bromleyboy »

Turns to Stone wrote:The only thing that I agree with in that blog is that he can't spell Gudjohnsen!

Some people shouldn't be allowed an Internet connection!
Tosser can't even spell Eidur!!! :lol:
bobd_uk

Post by bobd_uk »

hammerjohn wrote:I don't in all honesty see us in trouble next Season, unless we loose key players like Upson & Green.
I think we'd struggle if Cole got injured with this squad too!
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

wibble
claret parrot

Post by claret parrot »

cockney hammer wrote:West Ham Midfielder Nigel Quashie Pondered Retirement During Injury Hell
The Scotland international has admitted that he came close to leaving the game...

I don't know how much we were paying him while he was going through his injury hell but I bet he didn't ponder very long :asleep:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

cockney hammer wrote:West Ham Midfielder Nigel Quashie Pondered Retirement During Injury Hell

West Ham
United midfielder Nigel Quashie has admitted he considered quitting during his injury nightmare.

The former Scottish international missed more than a year of football after breaking his foot and he struggled to come to terms with being on the sidelines for such a long time.

"At one stage I seriously considered packing it in because I didn't think I could get back to the same level that I was at," he told Sky Sports News.

But he knows the battle is on to regain his place. "A lot of players have been brought to the club and it's going to be difficult to get back into the team."

West Ham kick off the new season against Wolves on August 15.
Does anybody know what length of contract this geezer's got ? He last played for us nearly 3 years ago and to think he is still with us having not played since that 4-0 defeat to Charlton in that season we were almost relegated when Curbishley was still manager. Headbanger
notanuvloss!
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by notanuvloss! »

Matt wrote:Love the club kit based colour coding, nice addition! Cheers as ever CH, this is probably the one item on the internet I read every single day. :thup:
Looking forward every other letter picked out in Claret & Blue on each of the the WHUFC-related clips. That will keep you busy, CH :D

Needless to say, seconded Matt's sentiments :thup:
bobd_uk

Post by bobd_uk »

bubbles1966 wrote:It's a myth IMO.

Last year Berbatov, Keane, Robinho etc all went for £20-£32 million in the summer.....

Not really - those players would have commanded those fees in a Jan window too.

Jan windows prices are inflated because clubs only sign when they're desperate for the most part.
claret parrot

Post by claret parrot »

I can just imagine Quashie pondering jacking it in ... perhaps it might go something like this:

"Ok so if I retired from football, what can I do. I'm too young to do nothing, what am I qualified for? ... This advert looks promising. P.E. Instructor inner city comprehensive £30,000 p.a. ... blimey that's good money, better than I expected. No match bonuses of course but I'm not getting any of them anyway. That basic is higher than what I get now ... er, anyone know what p.a. stands for?"
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

bobd_uk wrote:
Not really - those players would have commanded those fees in a Jan window too.

Jan windows prices are inflated because clubs only sign when they're desperate for the most part.
Did Keane cost Spurs £20 million to buy in January?