friday's gossip includes west ham now updated

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Kennet
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Re: friday's gossip includes west ham

Post by Kennet »

saludo de carlitos wrote:Cheers CH, The first thread I look for everyday.. :thup:
Yeap me too, Ta CH :thup:
Cheshammer

Post by Cheshammer »

"I'm sure I read that Paul Hart had said he had signed Viduka at the end of June but had not seen him since"

How can Paul Hart NOT see Mark Viduka. You can't miss the big fat Aussie b*stard.

Anyway cheers CH always a good read first thing in the morning.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

football news
No Hammers move for Moon

Bafana Bafana right back Bryce Moon has revealed he will not be joining West Ham during the current transfer window.

The 23-year-old has been linked with the Hammers since June last year and SkySports reported the Premier League side lodged a £1.5million bid for his services two months ago.

However, the Panathinaikos player admits negotiations between the club and his agent Mike Makaab broke down and a move to England failed to materialise.

"I heard about it through Sky (Sports) news and them speaking to me about it," he told Football365.co.za.

"But definitely my manager did tell me they were interested, but nothing materialised. Nothing came to anything, but we'll see. I don't know what happened, my manager was in discussion with them and I don't know what happened with those discussions."

Moon explained that Makaab only contacts him when a deal is close and thus, when the talks hit a snag, he was not hassled with all the information.

"My manager only speaks to me when something is ready you know. He doesn't call me everyday - only when there is a good chance something is going to happen. He just calls me and says: "Listen Bryce, this is ready, do you want to go, is this good for you, what do you say?" and that is how my manager operates. He doesn't call you to get your hopes up."

The former Ajax Cape Town man insists he is relishing his time with the Greek giants, who are preparing for a Champions League qualifier against Atletico Madrid next week.

"I am very happy at Panathinaikos and I am looking forward to the season with Panathinaikos. I don't think anything is going to happen," he added when asked if he thought a deal could still be reached with the Hammers.

Meanwhile, Moon didn't want to go into detail about the car accident he was involved in, in which a woman, Mavis Ncube, was killed after the Confederations Cup tournament.

"I have been charged, but that is all I will say for now," he concluded before revealing his focus is on football.

Gauteng police confirmed that Moon had handed himself over to the authorities on Thursday in connection with the charges of drunk driving and culpable homicide

He briefly appeared at the Randburg Magistrate's Court and is out on bail, with his case being postponed to November.

express

Damien Duff could be set to leave Newcastle for Fulham or Wolves, Everton are lining up an £8million bid for Magpies defender Steven Taylor.

THE SUN

David Dunn says Blackburn should kick lumps out of Manchester City's millionaires.

Jermain Defoe has revealed how being dumped by Sven-Goran Eriksson fired his England passion.

Fernando Torres has warned Liverpool's squad: This must be the season we win the Premier League.

Liverpool new-boy Alberto Aquilani launched a defence of his alarming injury record by insisting: I'm no Kop crock.

Fulham have weighed in with a £4million bid for Newcastle winger Damien Duff.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has run the rule over Atletico Madrid ace Sergio Aguero.

Nadir Belhadj aims to join the Portsmouth exodus and be re-united with Harry Redknapp at Tottenham.

Nicolas Anelka will open talks over a new deal with Chelsea next week.

David Beckham has said goodbye to any hope of returning to the Premier League.

DAILY MIRROR

Manchester City are going over the head of Everton boss David Moyes in a final effort to sign Joleon Lescott.

Damien Duff is about to deal Newcastle another massive blow by quitting in a £5million switch - as Wolves and Fulham battle for his signature.

Arsenal and Wolves have entered the race to sign Crystal Palace teenager Victor Moses.

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez wants Mohamed Diame to undergo a heart check before he signs him from Rayo Vallecano.

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce is after Portsmouth duo David James and Sylvain Distin and is also chasing Lucas Neill.

Hull have decided against signing Henri Camara.

Fenerbahce have signed Middlesbrough striker Tuncay on loan.

Derby, QPR, Cardiff and Sheffield United want Gillingham striker Simeon Jackson.

DAILY STAR

Everton have launched an £8million bid to sign Newcastle defender Steven Taylor - and that could clear the way for Joleon Lescott to join Manchester City.

Blackburn's David Dunn has warned Manchester City's multi-millionaires: You're in for a right kicking.

Jermain Defoe insists he will make sure he is part of Fabio Capello's 2010 England plans.

Birmingham have been warned to beware the backlash of Manchester United's Champions League flop.

Hull boss Phil Brown will step up his chase for Real Madrid hitman Alvaro Negredo.

DAILY EXPRESS

David Bentley's once-promising career is in danger of complete collapse after he was charged with drink driving.

Joe Kinnear is set to return to the Newcastle hot-seat on Monday.

Mark Hughes believes the knives will be out for Manchester City when the season kicks off.

Clint Dempsey has signed a contract extension that will see him stay at Fulham until 2013.

Aston Villa have stepped up their efforts to sign Richard Dunne from Manchester City by lodging an offer in the region of £5million.

DAILY MAIL

Arsene Wenger says he would have betrayed his beliefs had he quit Arsenal this summer for Real Madrid.

James Milner has catapulted himself into Fabio Capello's World Cup plans with his impressive 22-minute cameo for England in Amsterdam.

Hertha Berlin are interested in signing Andriy Voronin on a season-long loan from Liverpool again.

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce is considering a move for Arsenal centre half Philippe Senderos.

THE TIMES

Arsene Wenger has admitted for the first time that he has lied about not seeing fouls committed by his team.

Mark Hughes remains hopeful that an agreement can be reached with Everton for Joleon Lescott, despite the Merseyside club rejecting the player's transfer request on Monday.

THE INDEPENDENT

It has been a summer of spending the likes of which Mark Hughes and Manchester City will never experience again, but the tension ahead of Saturday's Premier League curtain-raiser at Blackburn built up on Thursday

following injuries to Emmanuel Adebayor and Shay Given.

David Bentley has apologised to Tottenham and the club's fans after being charged with drink driving.

DAILY TELEGRAPH

Fabio Capello has reassured Rio Ferdinand and Gareth Barry that he has "no doubts" about them following their mistakes in Wednesday's friendly against Holland.

Theo Walcott will miss Arsenal's first Premier League match of the season against Everton on Saturday.

Everton have bid £8m for Newcastle central defender Steven Taylor in a move which could pave the way for Joleon Lescott to leave Goodison Park for Manchester City.
The Daily Star

Franck Ribery is believed to be keen to leave Bayern Munich which could encourage Chelsea and Manchester United to increase their efforts to sign the French winger.
Times

Aston Villa have moved to bolster their defence by putting in a £5m bid for Manchester City centre-back Richard Dunne. (Daily Express)

Damien Duff could be another player to leave Newcastle as Wolves and Fulham battle it out for the left-sided midfielder. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United scouts were casting their eye over Argentine striker Sergio Aguero in his country's 3-2 win over Russia on Wednesday.
The Sun

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has told chairman John Williams to provide the funds to sign former Real Madrid defender Michel Salgado.
Daily Mirror

Sunderland are planning a triple swoop for Pompey keeper David James and defender Sylvain Distin as well as Lucas Neill, who is out of contract at West Ham. (Daily Mirror)

Bolton boss Gary Megson says the club took out an £8m escape clause in the contract of Gary Cahill when the defender recently signed a new contract.
Daily Mail

Middlesbrough striker Tuncay Sanli is set to join Fenerbahce on loan. (Daily Mirror)

But Wolves and Everton are interested in the Turkey striker as well and could get him for about £6m.
Independent

Cardiff, Derby, QPR and Sheffield United are all chasing Gillingham striker Simeon Jackson. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says the Reds will have no excuses if they do not win the Premier League this season.
The Sun

Liverpool's new £20m signing Alberto Aquilani may be sidelined with an ankle problem but he insists he is not injury prone.
Daily Star

Blackburn midfielder David Dunn says the Ewood Park side are planning to "kick lumps" out of Manchester City's stars when the two sides meet in the Premier League on Saturday.
The Sun

Fiorentina may make an official complaint to Uefa over Manchester United signing Italy Under-16 captain Michele Fornasier.
Independent

Birmingham owners David Gold and David Sullivan may try to buy West Ham if they sell Birmingham to Carson Yeung.
The Sun

The Magpies could also have a manager in place by next Monday as Joe Kinnear is set to return to take charge of the Championship club.
Daily Express

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is famed for his classic "I didn't see it" phrase when it comes to questions about his players committing fouls but the Frenchman says he has sometimes lied to protect his players.
Iron-ic x

Post by Iron-ic x »

saludo de carlitos wrote:Cheers CH, The first thread I look for everyday.. :thup:

I second that, I check on here before I listen or read anything on skysport so cheers CH :thup:
Jarvo

Re: friday's gossip includes west ham now updated

Post by Jarvo »

Top work squire :thup:

Been up in Nottingham for the past week - your daily gossip updates have been a lifesaver :clap:
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Re: friday's gossip includes west ham now updated

Post by Denbighammer »

Good info ta.

Can't see the Birmingham owners being able to afford us as they don't have enough cash to own Birmingham outright if I'm reading it properly?