mondays gossip includes west ham now updated

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

mondays gossip includes west ham now updated

Post by cockney hammer »

i will start with this and update from work

the mail

EXCLUSIVE: Hammers to lose James Collins to Stoke in £5m deal

West Ham are preparing to sell central defender James Collins to Stoke for £5million as fears grew among fans that the club are being plunged back into a financial crisis.

Though they are not short of central defenders — manager Gianfranco Zola can call on internationals Matthew Upson and Danny Gabbidon and top prospect James Tomkins — a sale will once again expose their fragile financial underbelly.

Collins, a towering Wales international, has been first choice under Zola.

Blanc says West Ham target Chamakh will only leave Bordeaux for major club

Bordeaux coach Laurent Blanc has called on interested Premiership clubs to make a serious offer for Marouane Chamakh.

West Ham and Arsenal have both failed with bids for the Morocco international and Blanc says: "This is not about whether we let him go or not but about where we let him go.

"We had a deal - if a large English club really wanted him, we would find an agreement, but the large English club is not there."

the world game

Neill holds out for more

No deal...As Socceroos captain Lucas Neill continues to hold out for a $A100 per-week deal, his options seem to be fading, with
The future of Lucas Neill remains clouded with the Socceroo skipper’s refusal to accept a $A60,000-a-week deal at West Ham, narrowing his options to Sunderland and Galatasaray - unless he has a late change of heart.

West Ham’s technical director and chief negotiator, Gianluca Nani, is playing hardball with the 31-year-old defender by declining to budge on an offer still considered generous by a club operating under the strict financial guidelines of new owners, the asset management group CB Holding.

It is believed former Upton Park skipper Neill, rested by Pim Verbeek from the Socceroos' 3-0 thumping of Ireland in Limerick, is holding out for $A100,000-a-week.

Sources close to West Ham claim that Nani is no longer willing to talk to Neill’s agent, Darren Jackson, over wages and conditions and has simply left him with the take-it or leave-it offer.

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce, who has had preliminary discussions with Neill, has tabled a similar offer to the player who commanded $A140,000-a-week during the heady days of Icelandic sugar daddies Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson and Asgeir Fridgeirsson before the banking crisis forced them to depart the scene.

Even Neill’s other prime option, Galatasary, who had been offering a $A7million-a-season deal six weeks ago, have recently shaved $A1 million from the carrot as their patience wares thin with the procrastinating free agent.

"Coach Gianfranco Zola wants Lucas back and he has a lot of sway. But the offer is simple: $A60,000-a-week and $A10,000 per-match appearance money. They are not willing to budge an inch," the West Ham source explained.

"Lucas can still be a West Ham player again but he must accept that the financial landscape has changed at the club, and elsewhere."

The offer appears healthy, especially when contrasted with the wage structure at London rivals Tottenham, whose best paid player Robbie Keane earns $A100,000-a-week and the best paid defender, Ledley King, commands $A60,000-a-week.

With no pre-season behind him, Neill will be struggling to push himself into contention for Australia’s next World Cup warm-up against South Korea in Seoul on September 5, even if his future is resolved in the coming days.

the star

DYER VOWS TO SHOW HE'S NO WRITE-OFF
)

BRISTLING Kieron Dyer revealed his main driving force as he carefully plots his comeback from the Hammers House of Horrors.

The 30-year-old former England star’s immediate target is more modest than a fight to go to the World Cup. He would settle for his first 90 minutes in two years.

The midfielder has had a nightmare since breaking his leg with the ink on his contract barely dry following his £6m move from Newcastle.

While Dyer has tried hard not to feel sorry for himself, he admits he is driven by an inner rage to blast back at those who label him injury-prone.

It is a particularly galling accusation to the player who has spent two years in exile with a double-fracture of his right leg just six days after winning his 33rd England cap.

Now Dyer is praying he can put the heartache behind him and help inspire Gianfranco Zola’s men to bigger and better things.

Mark Noble’s magnificent opening goal will have delighted the Hammers’ boss along with some crucial saves from Robert Green but no doubt Dyer’s 73 minutes out on the pitch will have given him extra pleasure.

He is almost a new signing and Dyer admits it has not been easy. He said: “Touch wood, I’m due a bit of luck. I have a big season to look forward to.

“This is the best I’ve felt for a while. I just have to be careful. You have seen with Eduardo and Tomas Rosicky at Arsenal that you can pick up muscle strains and stuff when you have been out for a long time.”

And though Dyer is straining at the leash he knows those looking after him just will not take any risks for fear of him breaking down yet again.

Dyer said: “You get labelled injury-prone and that is very hard to take when someone breaks your leg.

“There were a lot of things that went wrong. The operation was wrong, but pins being put in your legs and stuff like that is out of your hands.

“I was told I would be back in nine months to a year so to be out for as long as I have has been hard to take.” But his part in this victory had him smiling again as West Ham showed Wolves how costly it can be if you fail to take your chances.

Wolves started brightly enough and might have taken an early lead when Sylvan Ebanks-Blake seemed to jump a split-second too early to meet a Matt Jarvis cross and headed over.

How costly that proved when Noble scored with a screamer, his beaut-ifully disguised shot sailing into the top corner to give his men the lead.

After the interval Mick McCarthy’s boys were left reflecting on what might have been when an assortment of chances went begging just before Noble set up Matthew Upson with a far-post header to seal victory.

Before that, Ebanks-Blake had seen a reasonable chance from a tight angle blocked by Green.

Skipper Jody Craddock said: “We are disappointed. We feel that as a team we performed quite well but we were punished for not making the most of our chances and that’s what happens at the top level.

“Full credit to their keeper for some excellent saves.”

McCarthy said: “I can come up with all sorts of scenarios, but we’ve lost. It’s as simple as that.”
Last edited by cockney hammer on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
HammerLuke

Re: mondays gossip includes west ham

Post by HammerLuke »

No deal...As Socceroos captain Lucas Neill continues to hold out for a $A100 per-week deal
Surely we can pay him that much?

Thanks CH
Galwayman
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Galwayman »

On the basis we 've offered Neill $60k a week, Nani should amend the offer to ...

$60k - if deal is concluded on 17th August
$55k - if deal is concluded on 18th August
$50k etc etc

:thdn:
blahblahblah
Has liked: 252 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Post by blahblahblah »

HammerLuke wrote:No deal...As Socceroos captain Lucas Neill continues to hold out for a $A100 per-week deal

Surely we can pay him that much?

Thanks CH
Lucas Neill is not worth £50k a week. He seems to be the only one not to recognize that fact.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 940 likes
Total likes: 483 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

blahblahblah wrote:No deal...As Socceroos captain Lucas Neill continues to hold out for a $A100 per-week deal
i think thats what he meant, 100, not 100K
hamz

Post by hamz »

u guys honestly think they have access to figures within neils offer? :lol:

wake up neo
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Cheers CH.

Neil is not gonna be fit is he? When did he last play. He isn't gonna be ready to play for a good few weeks I would have thought.
Geordie Hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Geordie Hammer »

Cheers CH

Collins to Stoke :shock:
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

We should withdraw the offer to Neill immediately and look elsewhere. Should have done that weeks ago.
MK HAMMER
Location: Believe in me, cos I dont believe in anything and I wanna be someone to believe, to believe in.
Total likes: 1 like

Post by MK HAMMER »

Geordie Hammer wrote:Cheers CH

Collins to Stoke :shock:

i seriously hope not, i like Collins a lot!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Everton will be offered Richard Dunne or Tal Ben Haim, plus £18million, by Manchester City for Joleon Lescott, while Stoke want James Collins.

THE SUN:

Liverpool were in Bilbao last night to run the rule over their £10million-rated central defender Fernando Amorebieta.

Steven Taylor is ready to hit Newcastle with a transfer request.

Portsmouth are chasing South African whizkid striker Dino Ndlovu, 19.

Franck Ribery has told Chelsea and Manchester United to forget about signing him this summer.

Barcelona last night called off their chase for Cesc Fabregas.

Stoke have agreed a £5million fee with West Ham for James Collins.

DAILY MAIL:

Fulham's influential midfielder Danny Murphy refuses to write off crumbling Portsmouth.

Manchester United could head off interest from Liverpool and Everton in Ryan Shawcross by activating a clause in his Stoke contract that gives them first option to buy him back.

Mark Hughes insists Manchester City have done nothing wrong in their pursuit of Joleon Lescott.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp still hopes to sign Martin Petrov from Manchester City.

Liverpool have been quoted a price of £7million for Dynamo Kiev central defender Pape Diakhate.

West Ham were last night preparing to sell central defender James Collins to Stoke for £5million.

DAILY STAR:

Raging Rafa Benitez claimed Liverpool were robbed by ref Phil Dowd at White Hart Lane.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has launched an early-season attack on cheating players.

DAILY EXPRESS:

Rafa Benitez could have landed himself in hot water with the FA for suggesting referee Phil Dowd needs glasses after Liverpool's 2-1 defeat at Tottenham.

Mark Hughes is ready to offer Richard Dunne or Tal Ben Haim - plus £18million - in a bid to bring the Joleon Lescott saga to an end.

DAILY MIRROR

Portsmouth's crisis is about to get worse - with Arab tycoon Soulaiman Al Fahim's takeover on the brink of collapse.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez to make a £10million bid for Athletic Bilbao defender Fernando Amorebieta.

Hull chief Phil Brown hopes to complete the £12million signing of Real Madrid striker Alvaro Negredo in the next 24 hours.

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has closed the door on any move this summer.

Stoke will have to increase their £2.5million bid for Middlesbrough central defender Robert Huth.

Roy Hodgson has no doubt Fulham transfer target Damien Duff can be a success at Craven Cottage.

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway is waiting to learn whether Arsenal will let Jay Thomas join on loan.

Colchester midfielder Johnnie Jackson is joining Sven-Goran Eriksson at Notts County.

Manchester City are set to make a renewed £20m cash-plus-players offer to Everton in an attempt to finally land defender Joleon Lescott.
Full story: The Sun

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has told Manchester United and Chelsea to forget about signing him after pledging his future to the German club.

Liverpool are considering a bid for Bilbao's £10m-rated central defender Fernando Amorebieta.

The Reds have also enquired about Dynamo Kiev central defender Pape Diakhate and have been quoted a price of £7m.
Full story: Daily Mail

Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero, who is a target for Chelsea, will not be sold so late in the transfer window according to a report in Spain.
Full story: The Times

Newcastle defender Steven Taylor is ready to hand in a transfer request in order to force through a move to Everton.

Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell is hoping to join Newcastle if Taylor leaves St James' Park.

Stoke have agreed a £5m fee with West Ham for central defender James Collins.

The Potters will also increase their £2.5m offer for Middlesbrough defender Robert Huth.
Full story: The Daily Mail

Manchester United could beat Liverpool and Everton to the signing of Stoke centre-back Ryan Shawcross.

The injury crisis that has left United with five unfit defenders could force manager Sir Alex Ferguson to dip into the transfer market.

Portsmouth are chasing Amajita's South African striker Dino Ndlovu.

Hull hope to complete the £12m signing of Real Madrid striker Alvaro Negredo in the next 24 hours. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham are interested in Manchester City winger Martin Petrov as well as Sunderland's Kieran Richardson. (Daily Mail)

Spurs, meanwhile, have denied making a £10m bid for Celtic midfielder Scott Brown.

Burnley will look to tie up a deal for Manchester United right-back Richard Eckersley before the two sides meet on Wednesday. (Daily Mirror)

Sunderland are expected to complete the season-long loan signing of defender John Mensah from Lyon on Monday.

Arab businessman Soulaiman Al Fahim's takeover of Portsmouth is in danger of collapsing. (Daily Mirror)

Norwich City want Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins to be their next manager following the sacking of Bryan Gunn. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City's Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has offered Oasis stars Liam and Noel Gallagher free Latin dance classes in exchange for a music masterclass for his band Piola Vago.

England midfielder David Beckham has hit out at the standard of refereeing in the MLS after the LA Galaxy star was sent off for the ninth time in his career, following a studs-up challenge on Seattle's Peter Vagenas.
Gavibe

Post by Gavibe »

bobd_uk wrote:We should withdraw the offer to Neill immediately and look elsewhere. Should have done that weeks ago.
Here here, he aint that good!!!

Also, Coliins to stoke. Shame I like him but rather he go than Upson and we have plenty of cover there. Maybe help finance a move for a Striker.

Is Ashton just a right for the season again then???
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: mondays gossip includes west ham now updated

Post by jaybs »

I also have no problems with Collins, but if wages have to be saved, then I would rather see Collins leave than Matthew Upson.
Henry Wilt

Post by Henry Wilt »

Cheers CH. :thup:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Everton will be offered Richard Dunne or Tal Ben Haim, plus £18million, by Manchester City for Joleon Lescott, while Stoke want James Collins.
If I were Moyes, I'd laugh in the face of anyone offering Dunne or Tal Ben Haim in p/e for Lescott...

...and then outbid Stoke for Collins.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

bobd_uk wrote:We should withdraw the offer to Neill immediately and look elsewhere. Should have done that weeks ago.
Here, here. I don't know why we have spent all summer long trying to convince him to re-join us. As somebody else has said, 'he ain't that good' We should just tell him, That is our full and final offer, take it or leave it and also put a time limit on it, and if he is so much as one minute later than the limit in deciding to accept it after all, we must be prepared to tell him, Sorry but you are out of time, the time limit has expired, we gave you enough time to decide, and we have now moved on and we advise you to do the same
Porfirio

Post by Porfirio »

PD - I thought that was exactly what the article was saying? Nani is refusing to discuss any amendments to the deal. WHU have put the deal on the table and told them to take it or leave it.

I don't know where Lucre is getting this idea from that we're going to be devasted if he doesn't sign for us. Signing him would be good but it is hardly the end of the world if he decides to sign for someone else.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

I would be disappointed to lose Collins, particularly to another Premiership club. I know we have cover but if Upson suddenly 'does a Lescott' and starts demanding a move and Gabbidon gets crocked again we could be very short of options in that department.

Unless thats why we've signed Kovac, as cover for centre midfield AND central defence?