Tuesday's gossip includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bornblowingbubbles

Re: Tuesday's gossip includes west ham

Post by bornblowingbubbles »

Won't Chamakh be involved the African Nation's Cup in February? We'll already be losing Illunga to the tournament, be annoying to buy a striker who's the missing for over a month.
Marc the Hammer

Post by Marc the Hammer »

kitthehammer wrote:i think collins being sold for chamakh who seems uninterested in coming to us is bloody stupid.
I think its good buisness. Collins is a good defender but we are in need of a striker and him being sold looks like there is less chance of Upson going.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

bornblowingbubbles wrote:We'll already be losing Illunga to the tournament
No we won't - Congo didn't qualify.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

I'm not happy to sell Collins when players like Davenport and Quashie are still on the wage bill. Regarding Chamakh, I'm unsure if he is all that special.
But I'd love to see Baptista at the Boleyn. Something tells me him being in the team could be something of a blessing.
Yes, he's not shown his true potential when with Arsenal but I'm sure being being at West Ham could ignite that fire.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

bornblowingbubbles wrote:Won't Chamakh be involved the African Nation's Cup in February? We'll already be losing Illunga to the tournament, be annoying to buy a striker who's the missing for over a month.
This African Nation's Cup for a month doesn't half f*** up clubs in the Prem. It's probably alright for the big squads but the likes of us would really suffer. Couldn't they run it pre- season in july or something instead :think:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

We won't be losing Ilunga. Congo didn't qualify.
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

:crest:
Matt of iron wrote:We won't be losing Ilunga. Congo didn't qualify.
Good news...
Thanks CH
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

Looks like Damien Duff has signed with Fulham and Pizzaro has gone back to Werder Bremen
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

But I'd love to see Baptista at the Boleyn. Something tells me him being in the team could be something of a blessing.
Yes, he's not shown his true potential when with Arsenal but I'm sure being being at West Ham could ignite that fire.[/quote]

Sorry for being cautious about him but I don't think he is that good tbh. If Real Madrid , Arsenal and Roma are letting him go he must be lacking something. I thought he plays kinda hot ( **** hot) or cold. It would be a gamble if the wrong Baptista turns up we would be lumbered with him then. He has only scored 4 goals for Brazil in 42 caps. That's pretty poor, if you can't score for them well you can't be that great. He's only credited with 3 goals in 24 games for the Arse again that's not the rate I would like for us. Maybe he could re ignite but we are not in a position to gamble, we can't just go out and get another one in if he fails. I could be wrong but I just don't get excited by the thought of him coming here. :think:
I've got curly hair too

Post by I've got curly hair too »

ageing hammer wrote:But I'd love to see Baptista at the Boleyn. Something tells me him being in the team could be something of a blessing.
Yes, he's not shown his true potential when with Arsenal but I'm sure being being at West Ham could ignite that fire.
Sorry for being cautious about him but I don't think he is that good tbh. If Real Madrid , Arsenal and Roma are letting him go he must be lacking something. I thought he plays kinda hot ( sh*t hot) or cold. It would be a gamble if the wrong Baptista turns up we would be lumbered with him then. He has only scored 4 goals for Brazil in 42 caps. That's pretty poor, if you can't score for them well you can't be that great. He's only credited with 3 goals in 24 games for the Arse again that's not the rate I would like for us. Maybe he could re ignite but we are not in a position to gamble, we can't just go out and get another one in if he fails. I could be wrong but I just don't get excited by the thought of him coming here. :think:[/quote]

42 caps for Brazil isn't too shabby...
bobd_uk

Post by bobd_uk »

ageing hammer wrote:Real Madrid
Arsenal
Roma
Brazil
Someone's seeing something decent in him!
bobo

Post by bobo »

Southgate said he has knocked a bid back from a Premier League team for Huth (reports it was us).

Iooks like he is Collins replacment, if so go back with money bid + Davenport. 2m + Davenport sounds about right!
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

NickyB wrote:Would be sad to see JC go... but we badly need a striker! Would much rather have Marouane Chamakh than Baptista! Baptista seems well over rated! Got a few Gooner mates that couldn't wait to get rid, when he was with them.

:crest:
Now, whats the saying I am looking for? :think:

Oh yes, beggars can't be choosers! :lol:
bobd_uk

Post by bobd_uk »

bobo wrote:Southgate said he has knocked a bid back from a Premier League team for Huth (reports it was us).
Surely that's Stoke? The stories I'm hearing is that Stoke want Collins and Huth, and then Shawcross is off.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

bobo wrote:Southgate said he has knocked a bid back from a Premier League team for Huth (reports it was us).
Stoke.
WHID to deserve this?

Post by WHID to deserve this? »

I think we all know that there is going to be a flurry of CB sales/purchases coming up. Collins off to Stoke, they get Huth too and sell Shawcross to Everton, back to Man Utd (?) or maybe us (we were credited with interest according to a couple of sites I think), and Man City get Lescott. I still think that Everton or Villa could come in for Upson you know and the fee would be 'undisclosed'. Getting Shawcross (yeah for the sake of arguement) would fit in with buying good + potential players.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

davids cross wrote: Stoke.
I would have thought he might interest Fulham (if they sell Hangeland) rather than Stoke.

I don't particularly like Huth, not that much better than Collins and likely to be far more expensive on wages and signing on fee etc. I'd spend our money ( :lol: ) elsewhere.
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Denbighammer wrote: I'd spend our money ( :lol: ) elsewhere.
Remember apparently we bid £5m on Chamack already.
Trotsky's Hammer
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Trotsky's Hammer »

Excellent comments below this Mirror article.....
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 20423.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

ageing hammer wrote:This African Nation's Cup for a month doesn't half f*** up clubs in the Prem. It's probably alright for the big squads but the likes of us would really suffer. Couldn't they run it pre- season in july or something instead :think:
Hold an African tournament in the height of summer? :think:

Have Morocco even qualified? They didn't win their group.

http://www.canqualifiers.com/group-8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are 12 groups in total.

EDIT: Unless you look at this website:

http://www.cafonline.com/competition/af ... 010/groups" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WTF? :think:

Anyone?