Tuesday's gossip includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Re: Tuesday's gossip includes west ham

Post by LeonRivers »

OK, I've got it. The 12 group thing was to qualify for the qualifiers.

The second link is the latest stage of qualifying.

http://www.cafonline.com/competition/af ... 010/groups" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not looking great for Morocco. We can relax about losing the guy who doesn't even play for us for a whole month. I don't know why we were even fretting in the first place. We've still got the other guy who we haven't loaned yet as cover.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Baptista Hammers talk rejected

Baptista: Going nowhere

Julio Baptista's agent has rejected reports linking the Roma forward with a possible move to West Ham.

Reports in England have claimed West Ham are lining up a move for the former Arsenal loanee as they look to bolster their attacking options.

Baptista's representative, Herminio Menendez, insists there have been no enquiries for the player and that the South American will stay at the Stadio Olimpico.

"There is a lot of talk about nothing," Menendez told Romanews.eu.

"There are no negotiations surrounding Julio. As a result, we should all expect Baptista to remain in Giallorosso.

"At this moment in time, I can confirm that Julio Baptista will 100 per cent stay with Roma.

"I have no news about Julio. I haven't spoken to anyone and I don't understand why so much is being discussed about Julio leaving Roma.

"I've heard from nobody, not even Inter."
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Hammers accept Stoke Collins bid
James Collins
Collins played 90 minutes in West Ham's 2-0 win against Wolves

Stoke City have had a bid of about £3.5m accepted by Premier League rivals West Ham United for defender James Collins, reports BBC Radio Stoke.

The 25-year-old Wales international was at the Britannia Stadium on Tuesday discussing personal terms on a deal that could rise to £5m.

"He's one of a number of players I'm looking at," said manager Tony Pulis.

"If we do any business, we'll do it through the football clubs and not through the media."

Collins has spent four seasons at Upton Park, although injuries have limited him to only 49 league starts for the Hammers.

This club is looking to push on and you don't do that by selling your best players

Stoke City manager Tony Pulis

He played the full 90 minutes as Gianfranco Zola's side won their opening Premier League of the season 2-0 against promoted Wolves at Molineux on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Pulis wants to keep defender Ryan Shawcross at the Britannia Stadium, despite reports linking him with Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.

"Ryan's done fantastically well for us and we want to keep him at Stoke City," stated the manager.

"He's one of the younger players that we've got in the group and he's a big asset to us.

606: DEBATE
Give your reaction to Collins swapping West Ham for Stoke

"This club is looking to push on and you don't do that by selling your best players."

Stoke, who won their opening game of the season against Burnley on Saturday, travel to Anfield on Wednesday to take on Liverpool.

i am gutted we are going to lose ginge i really rate the guy good luck and all the best james :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Cascarino: He reminds me a little of Paul Scholes

The former Aston Villa and Chelsea striker Tony Cascarino believes West Ham star Mark Noble could be called up to Fabio Capello’s squad before long, as he reminds the Republic of Ireland legend as Manchester United’s Paul Scholes. The colourful football pundit suggests Noble would offer a different option from others already in the squad.

Cascarino told the Times: “Mark Noble could get an England call-up before long.”

“He’s a talented lad who’s just that bit different from England’s other midfield options.”

He added: “He reminds me a little of Paul Scholes, but he needs to emulate Scholes’s ability to come up with important goals.”

“Saturday’s strike against Wolves was a good start.”
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Box sales soaring
Executive boxes at the Boleyn Ground are proving popular with supporters

West Ham United are delighted to confirm the number of seasonal executive box holders has risen dramatically for the 2009/10 season.

New incentives have been added to an already appealing package for the forthcoming season and have clearly proved popular with supporters. These added benefits, combined with the big savings made over purchasing a box for each individual match, have helped secure a 90 per cent renewal rate among box holders.

What is more, there has been a sharp increase in the number of new customers that had previously not purchased executive boxes at the Boleyn Ground.

To see the full range of executive boxes and VIP lounges available for home matches, click here.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Funnily enough, Noble reminds me more of Gerrard, and Collison reminds me of Scholes. In terms of 'style of play' obviously.

Nice praise though.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham legend Dicks hits out at Lucas Neill

West Ham legend Julian Dicks has launched a scathing attack on current Hammers defender Lucas Neill for his lack of loyalty to his old club.

Neill has been linked with a move away from Upton Park with Sunderland interested in signing the Australia international although it is possible he will stay with the East Enders.

But Dicks is fuming that Neill even considered quitting Gianfranco Zola's team and said: 'Lucas Neill looks like he will re-sign for West Ham after seemingly ending his stay at the club in a row over money. Is it me, or am I missing something here? He's 31. Hardly in his prime but he does a job at right back.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

cockney hammer wrote:West Ham legend Dicks hits out at Lucas Neill

West Ham legend Julian Dicks has launched a scathing attack on current Hammers defender Lucas Neill for his lack of loyalty to his old club.

Neill has been linked with a move away from Upton Park with Sunderland interested in signing the Australia international although it is possible he will stay with the East Enders.

But Dicks is fuming that Neill even considered quitting Gianfranco Zola's team and said: 'Lucas Neill looks like he will re-sign for West Ham after seemingly ending his stay at the club in a row over money. Is it me, or am I missing something here? He's 31. Hardly in his prime but he does a job at right back.
Julian doesn't do irony, does he ? :lol:
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

LeonRivers wrote:OK, I've got it. The 12 group thing was to qualify for the qualifiers.

The second link is the latest stage of qualifying.

http://www.cafonline.com/competition/af ... 010/groups" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not looking great for Morocco. We can relax about losing the guy who doesn't even play for us for a whole month. I don't know why we were even fretting in the first place. We've still got the other guy who we haven't loaned yet as cover.
You only have to finish 3rd to qualify...
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Rocketron wrote: Julian doesn't do irony, does he ? :lol:
Tell me about it, Cheeky ****er.

Wasn't it Liverpool you ****ed off to Julian? :think:
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Dicks v Neill in terms of commitment to the West Ham cause is a total no contest.

Dicks could have pocketed his insurance money and retired after his 2nd major knee injury. Instead he managed to get himself fit enough to play again. Probably cost him thousands but he just wanted to play again, even a few matches. Remember Dicks came back from Liverpool as soon as he could and took (I believe) a paycut.

Compare that with Skippy's Fat f*** Cousin and his desperation to screw another few quid out of us despite being offered a good deal. He is so desperate for the cash he has buggered up his own pre-season just for the chance of an extra few quid.

f*** Lucas Neill - not worth wasting out bloody time on.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Bubbles
Do you want him back?
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

Thanks Mate