saturday's gossip includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

saturday's gossip includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

some of the papers have a pin up so as a one off here is ch's gossip pin up :wink:

the times

Livorno say that West Ham United’s offer for Alessandro Diamanti is considerably short of their £8 million valuation. The forward, 26, scored 12 goals to help his team to win promotion to Serie A last season. He would be a second choice if a deal for Marouane Chamakh, the Bordeaux forward, falls through, with the French side asking for a guarantee that any fee will be paid within two years.

the times

Marouane Chamakh claimed to have turned down a move to West Ham United last night after Bordeaux accepted a £7million offer for the Morocco forward, with a 20 per cent sell-on clause. “From a sporting point of view, I prefer to stay at Bordeaux than go to West Ham,” Chamakh said. “Instead of joining another Premier League club, I’m going to opt for the very interesting year which Bordeaux is proposing.”

“Marouane wants to leave for a big club but sadly for him, that big club hasn’t come in for him,” Laurent Blanc, the Bordeaux coach, said. “The biggest club that wishes to have him is this one, you know that better than me. I’m not even going to ask myself that question because I think he is going to stay.”

mirror

West Ham boss Zola: I wouldn't swap my team with Real Madrid

Ahead of the derby against Tottenham, West Ham United boss Gianfranco Zola says he wouldn't swap his players with any club.

"I'm not jealous of Harry Redknapp. I do respect and admire him, he had done a great job, but I wouldn't change my team with any other team," he said.

"To make it clear I wouldn't even change my team with Real Madrid or Barcelona - maybe! I like my players and I trust them.

"They are improving, working hard and doing everything to be successful. I admire these qualities in players."

Carlo Ancelotti insists Andriy Shevchenko has a future at Stamford Bridge, despite the fact that the Ukrainian has played just one game in the last 15 months for Chelsea.

Everton have given up the fight to keep England defender Joleon Lescott and agreed to sell him to Manchester City for £22m.
Daily Mail

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger could still make a last-ditch bid to bring former skipper Patrick Vieira back to the club from Inter Milan before the transfer deadline. (Daily Mirror)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is poised to sign Blackburn defender Stephen Warnock for around £8m. (Daily Mirror)

Livorno say that West Ham United’s offer for striker Alessandro Diamanti is considerably short of their £8 million valuation.
Times

Fulham are considering a move for Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos and Newcastle defender Stephen Taylor.
Times

Everton boss David moyes is chasing Spartak Moscow winger Vladimir Bystrov
Daily Mail

Sir Alex Ferguson has backed misfiring strikers Michael Owen and Dimitar Berbatov to start finding the net for Manchester United.
Sun

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes says he is unfazed by other clubs' criticisms of his massive summer spending spree.
The Sun

Arsene Wenger has blasted the decision to press Theo Walcott into action for the both the senior and under-21 England teams this summer as "selfish".
Daily Mirror

Blackburn striker Jason Roberts never takes his Premier League wages for granted after revealing his first pay packet as an unknown non-league player: "That would be £15-a-week with Hayes." (Daily Mirror)

Sol Campbell was considering an offer from Notts County last night after holding talks with Sven-Göran Eriksson, the director of football at the Coca-Cola League Two club.

The defender, who is out of contract, met Ian McParland, the manager, and Peter Trembling, the executive chairman, of County at a restaurant in the city centre after first being approached last month.

Campbell, who played for England under Eriksson, told County that he wanted to play at the top level for two more years, since when he has had contact with Newcastle United, who need to raise money and lighten their wage bill before they are in a position to make an offer.

The centre half, who will turn 35 next month, would be hoping for a contract worth about a third of the £90,000 a week that he was paid at Portsmouth — a sum higher than every other player in the division is paid each year. County have considered offering him a player-coach or ambassador role, although Campbell sees his immediate future on the pitch.

County were taken over by Munto Finance last month with an ambitious five-year plan to reach the Championship and the club appointed Eriksson, working with McParland to spearhead the challenge. Last week, they invested a club-record fee, believed to be in the region of £1.5 million, to sign Kasper Schmeichel from Manchester City, Eriksson’s previous club.

Newcastle are tracking Solvi Geir Ottesen, a defender who plays for Sonderjyske in Denmark. The 25-year-old was offered a trial at Celtic this summer.

Fulham are considering a move for Philippe Senderos, the Arsenal defender who was the subject of a £6 million offer from Everton this summer, and Stephen Taylor, the defender who does not want to leave Newcastle.

Bolton Wanderers hope to sign Achille Emana, the Cameroon midfield player who wants to leave Real Betis after their relegation.

Yannick Boli, the Paris Saint-Germain striker, is expected to move on loan to Blackpool after a medical planned for Monday.

Sotirios Kyrgiakos, the Greece defender, has completed his £2 million transfer to Liverpool and signed a two-year contract. The 30-year-old passed a medical yesterday to finalise his move from AEK Athens.

Wigan Athletic have signed Mohamed Diame, the midfield player whose medical had showed a heart problem, from Rayo Vallecano.

Anthony Stokes has joined Hibernian, where he will be managed by John Hughes, who coached him during a loan spell at Falkirk in 2006. The midfield player cost Sunderland £2 million two years ago. Coventry City have signed Jack Cork, the Chelsea defender, on loan. Watford have signed Henri Lansbury, the midfield player, on loan deal from Arsenal.

Mathieu Valbuena, the Marseilles midfield player, claims to have had interest from Liverpool, Atlético Madrid and Schalke 04.

Bruce blasts fixture schedule as 'tired' Sunderland face rested Blackburn

• Black Cats manager slams 'total nonsense' of start to season
• In-form Bent aiming to further his England claims

Steve Bruce is furious his side face a third game in nine days with a Carling Cup tie to follow on Monday night. Photograph: Lee Smith/Action Images.

August has not yet entered its final week but, already, Steve Bruce is complaining about fixture congestion and attendant burn-out.

As he prepares for his third Premier League game in the space of a week tomorrow Sunderland's manager is grappling with a mini injury crisis. Throw in a looming League Cup tie at Norwich on Monday night and Bruce's less than sunny mood becomes understandable.

With several players nursing knocks collected while winning at Bolton last Saturday and losing at home to Chelsea on Tuesday, the former Manchester United defender is duly cursing the fixture list compilers ahead of Blackburn's visit to the Stadium of Light.

Irked that Blackburn escaped a midweek fixture, Bruce does not feel the allocation of games to have been remotely fair – or sensible. "We've got 10 months to play 38 Premier League games so, surely to goodness, we can restructure so we don't have to play three Premier League games in a week and then face Norwich in the League Cup on the following Monday night," argued Sunderland's manager.

"Why put Premier League fixtures into a week which had already been designated for European games and why give them [Blackburn] an advantage against us?

"It doesn't make any sense and it is totally ridiculous to ask that of any footballer who is just starting the season. We wonder why they have lumps and bumps and strains. The players are tired and haven't got time to train. That's my gripe about it. And it can't be right to ask some teams to play midweek and not others, like Blackburn. I don't think that's on. Especially when it's a European week.

"We have four or five out injured [Lee Cattermole, Lorik Cana, Steed Malbranque and Marton Fulop are all doubtful for Blackburn] and this is the fallout. It is ridiculous, total nonsense. We had to run a million miles against Chelsea."

Bruce intends to see the issue is raised at meetings of both the League Managers' Association and the Premier League. "It's something we'll bring up and make a point about," he said. "I'm sure I'll make a point about it. I don't want to be bleating but it can't be right."

Hertha Berlin have informed Bundesliga rivals Stuttgart that Gojko Kacar is not for sale at any price.
Brazilian outfit Internacional are close to agreeing a deal for Atletico Madrid's Cleber Santana.

Marseille striker Mamadou Niang has revealed that he is close to signing a contract extension.
Hertha Berlin general manager Michael Preetz has revealed the club are keen on Gustavo Adrian Ramos.

Leicester starlet Ashley Chambers has joined Wycombe Wanderers on loan until January.

Jonas Gutierrez is flattered to be linked with a move to Barcelona, but remains focused on Newcastle for now.

Barnsley have completed the signing of Charlton striker Andy Gray for an undisclosed fee.

Ipswich have handed a short-term contract to former Hartlepool goalkeeper Arran Lee-Barrett.

Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has ruled out the possibility of him securing a move to West Ham.

Northampton Town have signed Liverpool youngster Robbie Threlfall on an initial one-month lean deal.

Celtic boss Tony Mowbray is convinced Aiden McGeady will not be leaving the club any time soon.

Ligue 1 champions Bordeaux are confident Marouane Chamakh will not be on the move this summer.

Liverpool have signed Sotirios Kyrgiakos from AEK Athens.

Portsmouth boss Paul Hart remains confident of boosting his squad before the transfer window slams shut on 1st September.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis has admitted he is still hoping to bolster his numbers during the transfer window.

Everton skipper Phil Neville has refused to give his own personal opinion on the Joleon Lescott saga, stating that the ultimate decision will be taken by manager David Moyes.
Hull City boss Phil Brown has ruled out a move for Portsmouth striker David Nugent.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has criticised what he believes to be 'destabilising' behaviour by Spanish clubs after rumours over Cesc Fabregas' future again remerged.
Rotherham United have handed Andy Liddell an extended one-year deal, after the winger impressed on a short-term contract.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Re: saturday's gossip includes west ham

Post by -DL- »

:shock: SCH! You scally you! :wink:
Chavs
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Chavs »

Cheers CH just opened that in work :?
Serbian Hammer

Post by Serbian Hammer »

Cheers CH :raver:
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 671 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Cheers CH,

Have you conditioned all your kids to support West Ham yet. I have managed with one of my two. :thup:

Will we be seeing post by CH Junior etc :wink:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

bristolhammerfc wrote:Cheers CH,

Have you conditioned all your kids to support West Ham yet. I have managed with one of my two. :thup:

Will we be seeing post by CH Junior etc :wink:
of the four boys only jack has a intrest in football they all know who there team is though :wink:
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 671 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Only one of mine has an interest in football, the other one supports Liverpool like her mother.......................so far :twisted:
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Cheers CH, positivity from Zola and some lovely boobies to kick things off, what more could you ask for?

Oh yeah, a striker! If Chamakh doesn't want to come here then f*** him I say.
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

I8CHAVS wrote:CH just opened that in work :?
Not bothered then.

Really should put NWS in the title.
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

:lol:
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

wouldn't be complaining if it was Hunk of the Day.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Bit harsh from Blanc there...Bordeaux aren't that big of a club tbh. They won the league for the first time in, how many years? They very rarely popped up for a Champions League spot. Considering Faubert was their best player a couple of years back, and we bought him no problem...I don't see why we couldn't attract players from them.
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

Good Work CH. Make the 'Gossip Pin Up' a regular :thup:

As for Chamakh, I think Sod him too. Bordeaux are a bit above their station. Yeah the have CL football this year. What about next?
Anyway I wasn't convinced £7m odd for someone who will be free next year seems a bit much especially for a club with a precarious finiancial position like ours. Being Moroccan wouldn't he sod off over Christmas for the African Nations too?

Move on. Next.....?
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1636 likes

Post by chalks »

I8CHAVS wrote:Cheers CH just opened that in work :?

They have pc's in Burger King?
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

LOL! :thup: Maybe he is using that free Wi-Fi in McDonalds
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Do you want fries with that sir ?
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

chalks wrote:
They have pc's in Burger King?
Not really too sure. I dont work there :?
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

Ah it IS McDonalds then. I was right and you were abusing the Wi-Fi!

"Drive round to the next window please"
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

Bishy wrote:Ah it IS McDonalds then. I was right and you were abusing the Wi-Fi!

"Drive round to the next window please"
No sorry wrong again :?
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

Wimpey? KFC?