fridays gossip includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

fridays gossip includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

i was not going to do the ch babe but sod it due to popular demand :wink:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3668/0 ... mondne.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

evening standard

Alessandro Diamanti joins the West Ham in £6m deal

West Ham have completed the £6million signing of Alessandro Diamanti from Livorno.

The Hammers had planned to fund the transfer through player sales but it is understood they have been given an advance payment by sponsors SBOBet to buy the 26-year-old.

Diamanti's arrival will ease West Ham's striker crisis as Carlton Cole has been playing in a lone role up front due to injuries to other forwards.

Although a £7m deal has been in place to sign Marouane Chamakh reports in France suggest that it is "99 per cent" likely he will remain with Bordeaux.

official site

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1780384,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the mail

West Ham's Davenport enjoys successful surgery

Calum Davenport has had successful surgery after last weekend's stabbing attack.

The Daily Mail says West Ham defender Davenport has been told the surgery to repair artery damage in his left thigh caused by a knife attack last weekend has been a success.

The 26-year-old underwent surgery at Bedford Hospital where was admitted to intensive care following the incident last Saturday.

It is not yet known whether he will be able to play again. The former Coventry and Tottenham player's mother Kim Stupple, 49, is also said to be in a stable condition.

Davenport’s sister’s boyfriend, Worrell Whitehurst, 25, from Derby, was charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent at Bedford Magistrates Court on Monday.

whutv

Son of a gun Lee pleased with senior West Ham call

Ollie Lee was delighted to be in the West Ham squad for their Carling Cup win over Millwall.

Lee, the son of former Newcastle and England star Rob Lee, told WHUTV: "It was nice to get the call and be on the bench and just be around the atmosphere of a West Ham versus Millwall derby.

"It was nice to be involved, even though I didn't get on.

"I had actually gone in and done a weight session and Pete Williams told me that I was in the squad. I didn't even know. The kitman told me to look on the board and I saw my name up there, so I was delighted.

"The manager said that if I got on, I should just do my best. Obviously, I didn't get on, but it was good game and a good result."

sky sports

Hammers seal Diamanti deal
Italian striker delighted with West Ham move

West Ham have completed the signing of Alessandro Diamanti from Livorno for an undisclosed fee.

Diamanti has inked a five-year deal at Upton Park after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola has been chasing striker Diamanti for some time and he has finally landed his man.

Diamanti is delighted with the opportunity to join West Ham and play under fellow Italian Zola

"I am very happy to be at West Ham United and to get the chance to play for Gianfranco Zola," Diamanti told the club's official website.

"This is a big club and I want to give everything for the supporters.

"I chose West Ham because the club has the tradition of playing great football.

"Also because the West Ham fans are really passionate and that is the way I am."

the sun twitcher

I'M feeling sick to the very pit of my stomach after watching those disgusting scenes of so-called fans rioting at West Ham's Carling Cup match with Millwall.

Right and proper people should never give in to violence.

And I don't like saying this but I am afraid there is only one answer if the Hammers and Lions are ever drawn to face each other again - put the balls back in the hat and draw them out again.

When the two names were drawn together, it was just asking for trouble and that is exactly what we got because of the history between them.

And if they ever meet in the League then the game should be played behind closed doors because the human cost of these kind of disturbances is just too high to bear any longer.

There's the physical price you have to pay of high-profile policing and the cost to local shopkeepers but it's the emotional price that's the highest of all.

How many young fans at that game at Upton Park have been put off for life of ever seeing another football match by the stupid violence?

How many decent fathers and mothers, who took their kids along for a school summer holiday treat, have already agreed that any football ground is now out of bounds because of what might happen?

Of course the blame game is now being played out as both clubs are quizzed and police levels are questioned with most hoping this was an isolated incident - a one-off.

But I can tell you exactly how many of those mindless morons responsible for the mayhem will be holding their heads in shame today - NONE.

And that's because these idiots have no place in the game whatsoever.

They turn up simply to chant insults.

They wouldn't know a goalline from a clothes line and if they are ever asked what went on in a match, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to tell you.

There was a group of Hammers fans who used to create trouble back in the 1970s and I can vividly recall being caught up in one violent incident that involved Millwall fans.

I'd returned from America and was walking along minding my own business.

Outside the station, there were lots of lads wearing the big bovver boots marching along towards the ground, then suddenly they were attacked by rival supporters.

Missiles were thrown through the air, you could hear glass being broken and I don't mind admitting it - yes I was scared.

That wasn't the West Ham I was brought up with, nor were the scenes on Tuesday night. They belong in the Dark Ages.

Advertisement

But these nutters have a nasty habit of turning up like a bad penny. Real West Ham fans are the most knowledgable in the game, you always used to get banter from the crowd, Cockneys who love their football.

But when I saw someone running around wearing Bobby Moore's old shirt with the No 6 on the back I could only say 'My God.' I found it all so horrific.

Those people cannot love their football. They're not interested in seeing skill or puffing out their chests in pride at what their team achieve.

No. All those nutters are interested in is aggro and they should be kicked out.

Watching the TV pictures, you have to say that it was all pretty well planned, organised violence without a doubt.

It's a crying shame for West Ham, a club with great tradition.

Fans give the club fantastic support, real salt-of-the-earth people who know the meaning of the word decency and where to draw the line.

They go to football for a day out, not to turn up and chant filth at players or anyone in the opposing dug-out.

I sincerely hope it was a one-off but we are seeing increasing signs of this hooliganism on the Continent.

Italy has it, Holland has it and Germany has had it but one thing is for sure - we don't want it back here after all the hard graft football authorities and clubs have put in to get rid of it.

Will it ever go away forever? I was starting to think that maybe it had.

But Tuesday night has brought it all back into a sharp focus that we can never take things for granted.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is keen to swoop for former Portsmouth midfielder Sulley Muntari from Inter Milan, using Jermaine Jenas as bait to lure the Ghana international. (The Sun) The Sun

Meanwhile, Redknapp has been told only a cash bid will persuade French club Le Harve to part with midfielder Kevin Anin. (The Sun) The Sun

Birmingham are tracking Spurs midfielder Jamie O'Hara as an alternative should their £2.5m move for Sporting Gijon's Michel fall through. (Daily Mail) Daily Mail

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is considering a move for Feyenoord's Canadian-born Dutch midfielder Jonathan de Guzman, on the recommendation of Chelsea's sporting director, Frank Arnesen. (The Guardian) The Guardian

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has inquired about the services of Hull centre-back Michael Turner, while Ghana defender John Mensah will arrive at the Stadium of Light on a season-long loan from French club Lyon. (Guardian)

Bruce will offer Nyron Nosworthy and Daryl Murphy plus £6m to land the £12m-rated Turner. (The Sun) The Sun

Meanwhile, Bruce is planning another raid on former club Wigan with a £5m bid for left-back Maynor Figueroa. (Daily Mail) The Sun

Alan Shearer wants Cardiff's £6m-rated striker Michael Chopra to mark his return as Newcastle boss as part of businessman Barry Moat's takeover at St James's Park. (Daily Star) Full story: Daily Star

The Magpies are discussing a deal for Tottenham left-back Gareth Bale on a season-long loan, but the Championship side are only prepared to pay a small percentage of the left-back's wages. (Guardian)

Middlesbrough have rejected a £6m bid from Everton for centre-back David Wheater. (Daily Mail) Daily Mail

Toffees boss David Moyes also wants Atletico Madrid's Netherlands international defender Johnny Hettinga, as well as Celtic midfielder Scott Brown. Moyes is also keen to take Tottenham midfielder David Bentley on loan. The Times

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson is hunting Kosice's £2m-rated Slovakian striker Jan Novak. (Daily Mirror) The Mirror

Stoke boss Tonly Pulis is set to continue his spending spree after tabling a £2.5m bid for Sunderland defender Danny Collins. (The Sun) The Sun

The Potters also had a £10m offer for Trinidad and Tobago striker Kenwyn Jones reject by Sunderland. (Daily Mail) Daily Mail

Hull manager Phil Brown is eyeing a move for Poland international right-back Marcin Wasilewski from Belgian club Anderlecht. (The Sun) The Sun

Portsmouth's new owner Sulaiman al-Fahim could fund a minor spending spree with the acquisition of Ivory Coast striker Aruna Dindane for £4m from Lens, while bids have been placed for Watford defender Mike Williamson and Vitoria de Guimaraes' Nuno Assis. (Daily Mail) Daily Mail

However, Al-Fahim's deal to buy Portsmouth has yet to be signed off by the Premier League. (Guardian) Full story: The Guardian

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans is set to undergo ankle surgery - but only after playing for Northern Ireland against Poland and Slovakia in early September. (Daily Mirror)

Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish has defended his decision to turn down a move for Wilson Palacios in 2007 - even after Spurs paid Wigan £12m for the Honduras international. "I saw Wilson play in a Birmingham Cup game against Banbury and he looked OK, nothing more than that." (Daily Mail)

Andriy Shevchenko is set to end his Chelsea nightmare, while Spurs' Jamie O'Hara is a target for Birmingham and Notts County want Billy Sharp.

DAILY MIRROR

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans is ready to undergo surgery on his troublesome ankle.

Roman Abramovich - who has pumped £700million into Chelsea - is backing UEFA plans that could ban Manchester City from the Champions League if they do not stop spending.

Everton boss David Moyes has moved to replace Joleon Lescott by signing Portsmouth's Sylvain Distin.

Reading have swooped for Watford's Jobi McAnuff.

Gary Megson is confident Kevin Nolan will return to Bolton on a season-long loan.

Stoke have agreed an £11million deal with Middlesbrough to land Tuncay and Robert Huth.

Aston Villa have completed the signing of Blackburn defender Stephen Warnock for £8million.

Andriy Shevchenko was attempting to draw a line under his Chelsea nightmare on Thursday night as he negotiated a return to Dynamo Kiev.

Arab tycoon Sulaiman Al-Fahim began his Portsmouth revolution on Thursday with the signing of Watford striker Tommy Smith for £1.8million.

Sven-Goran Eriksson's Notts County are lining up a £1.5million move for Sheffield United striker Billy Sharp.

THE SUN

Fabio Capello is heading for another bust-up with Spurs after picking Ledley King for his provisional England squad to face Slovenia and Croatia.

UEFA president Michel Platini is bringing in five referees at every game to stop diving cheats like Eduardo.

Deco reckons Chelsea are in perfect shape to become European champions.

Steve Bruce will offer £6million plus Nyron Nosworthy and Daryl Murphy for Hull centre-half Michael Turner.

Harry Redknapp wants to sign his former Pompey star Sulley Muntari from Inter Milan.

Cristiano Ronaldo is ready to make up for last season's Champions League heartbreak by winning the competition with Real Madrid.

Portsmouth chief exec Peter Storrie has insisted that Sulaiman Al Fahim had paid only £5million to buy the club.

DAILY EXPRESS

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce claims he does not want Grant Leadbitter to leave the Stadium of Light but has given him permission to speak to Ipswich.

Gary Megson believes Bolton were not taking a step backwards in asking Newcastle to loan them their former talisman Kevin Nolan for the rest of the season.

Arsenal striker Eduardo could face a two-match Champions League ban if UEFA charge him with diving.

DAILY STAR

Sir Alex Ferguson has challenged Real Madrid's Galacticos to prove they are good enough for European glory.

Alan Shearer wants to sign Cardiff's Geordie Michael Chopra to mark his return as Newcastle boss.

Blackburn have agreed to sign Tottenham defender Pascal Chimbonda for £2million.

DAILY MAIL

Birmingham are trailing Tottenham midfielder Jamie O'Hara with their move to sign Sporting Gijon's Michel still stalling.

Everton have had a £6million bid rejected for Middlesbrough defender David Wheater.

Bolton have made a late enquiry for Fulham target Marc Janko.

Steve Bruce is planning a swoop on former club Wigan with a £5million bid for left back Maynor Figueroa.

DAILY RECORD

Massimo Donati has dropped a bombshell on Celtic boss Tony Mowbray by revealing he plans to quit Scotland to return to Serie A.
Norwich have swooped to sign Newcastle goalkeeper Fraser Forster on loan.

West Ham have completed the signing of Alessandro Diamanti from Livorno for an undisclosed fee.

Tuncay Sanli has spoken about his move to Stoke City, insisting he is looking forward to playing for the Potteries club.

Marc Janko's agent has ruled out a move to the Premier League during the current transfer window.

Emmanuel Eboue has admitted he never thought of leaving Arsenal this summer and is ready to sign a new deal.

If you want to know about the latest rumours and gossip, then head for our updated Paper Talk feature, where you can let us know of any whispers you have heard.

The Times suggest Everton are weighing up a move for Celtic midfielder Scott Brown.

More interesting tales from the papers include the Daily Mail claiming Steve Bruce is planning a swoop on former club Wigan with a £5million bid for left back Maynor Figueroa.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp wants to sign his former Portsmouth star Sulley Muntari from Inter Milan, according to The Sun.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Re: fridays gossip includes west ham nsfw!!!!!!!!!!

Post by cockney hammer »

King row rumbles on - The Sun

England boss Fabio Capello is to go to war with Spurs again over Ledley King after naming him in his provisional squad. Should King still play for England?

Harry eyes Muntari reunion - The Sun

Harry Redknapp wants to sign Sulley Muntari again and is hoping to bring the Inter Milan man to Tottenham. Would Muntari be a good signing for Spurs?

Moyes eyes Dutchman - Various

With Middlesbrough refusing to sell David Wheater, Everton boss David Moyes wants Atletico Madrid's Johnny Heitinga to bolster his defence alongside Sylvain Distin. Do Everton need Heitinga as well as Distin?

Brown could be Blue - The Times

Moyes could also be using some of the money raised from the sale of Joleon Lescott to buy Celtic midfielder Scott Brown. Would the Celtic man be a good signing?

Bruce eyes Wigan again - Daily Mail

Steve Bruce is set to raid his former club Wigan again, this time to sign left-back Maynor Figueroa. Should Bruce be signing another Wigan player?

Chopra back in Toon? - Daily Star

If Alan Shearer is appointed Newcastle boss within the next few days, he will launch a bid to bring Michael Chopra back to the club. Would Chopra move back to Tyneside?

Wolves look at Castillo - The Sun

Wolves want midfield reinforcments and will make a bid for Segundo Castillo - who spent last season on loan at Everton.

the mirror

Mirror, mirror on the wall; who is the best Premier League penalty saver of them all?

Robert Green, West Ham United

Such is Brian Jensen's ability at saving penalties the Burnley goalkeeper has become known as 'The Beast'. But who, officially speaking, are the best Premier League penalty stoppers of recent times?

Mirror Sport decided to check out the statistics of the penalties taken in the top flight since August 2005 to see who's the Penalty Saving Daddy. And this is what we discovered...

5) Scott Carson (West Brom)
Carson's international career - and that of Steve McClaren - may have taken a nosedive after his European Qualifying howler against Croatia but West Brom's Desperate Dan lookalike is among the best when it comes to pens. Having faced 13 spot-kicks in the last four years Carson has saved three - meaning that he has a 23% save rate. That's almost one in four.

4) David James (Portsmouth)
England's No1 has been in the penalty firing line 23 times since August 2005, saving five and coaxing one miss out of the takers he has faced. The percentage of penalties scored against the Pompey custodian stands at 74% - respectable keeping for an OAP.

3) Brad Friedel (Aston Villa)
Undoubtedly one of the best shot-stoppers in the country the big American has also a tremendous record at saving free-kicks from 12 yards out. In four years Friedel, firstly at Blackburn and, last season at Aston Villa, has faced fully 23 penalties and saved seven.

2) Manuel Almunia (Arsenal)
Capello might also want to reconsider his stance on not selecting Almunia to play for England. The Arsenal goalkeeper has the second-best penalty saving ratio - although before the FA contact the Passport Office it should be noted that Almunia has only faced seven spot-kicks in the last four years - of which he has parried three. Statistically speaking, Almunia has been beaten by just 57% of Premier League spot-kicks he has faced.

1) Robert Green (West Ham)
West Ham's goalkeeper has been given the nod by Fabio Capello in recent weeks, largely due to injury to his preferred choice David James. And Don Fabio would do well to keep faith in the Hammers custodian who, when it comes to saving penalties, is officially peerless in the Premier League. Green has saved six out of 17 spot-kicks over the last five years and seen two missed when he's been eyeballing his opponent. Only 53% of the Premier League penalties Robert Green has faced since 2005 have been scored. Good work Mr Green.

DAILY MAIL: Aaron Lennon's stunning early season form for Tottenham looks set to secure him an England recall, with Theo Walcott unlikely to be fit for international duty.

Also: Stoke are trying to splash a combined £22million on four players in a stunning bid to become an established Barclays Premier League force.

THE SUN: UEFA president Michel Platini is bringing in five referees at every game to stop diving cheats like Eduardo

Also: Sunderland boss Steve Bruce will offer £6million plus Nyron Nosworthy and Daryl Murphy for Hull centre-half Michael Turner.

DAILY MIRROR: Sir Alex Ferguson claims English clubs will again dominate the Champions League - after last night's draw gave them a clear run to the knockout stages.

Also: Manchester United's Jonny Evans is ready to undergo surgery on his troublesome ankle.

DAILY STAR: Chelsea skipper John Terry had the balls to give England's big four a passport to the Champions League knockout stages last night.

Also: Arsenal striker Eduardo could be hit with a two-match ban today if Euro bosses rule that he dived to win a penalty against Celtic.

DAILY EXPRESS: UEFA president Michel Platini has signalled an end to the big spending enjoyed by clubs like Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid.

Also: Ulster youngster Rory McIlroy last night emerged as the new favourite to win the European Tour's multi-million Race to Dubai after one of his main rivals was injured in a freak holiday accident.
rory mcilroy

High hopes: McIlroy's chances of success have received a boost

DAILY TELEGRAPH: West Ham will today announce the £6million signing of Alessandro Diamanti.

Also: Tomorrow, Sven-Goran Eriksson, the metropolitan manager who defined his career in Rome, London and Manchester, will make the journey from his windowless office in Meadow Lane to Barnet, to sit in the stands as Notts County's director of football.

THE TIMES: Barclays Premier League clubs have been given three seasons to balance their books or risk expulsion from the Champions League.

Also: Manchester United have blocked the proposed promotion of a Liverpool physiotherapist to work with the England team in a move that demonstrates the distrust which exists between the country's top clubs.

THE GUARDIAN: Manchester City's bid to dominate English football with overwhelming financial power is under threat from Chelsea.

Also: Rugby union's summer of scandal has not deterred Guinness from furthering its commitment to the English Premiership.

THE INDEPENDENT: English clubs were handed the best of the Champions League draw last night when they managed to avoid all of the big guns from Spain and Italy.

Also: Andy Murray could meet some familiar faces if he repeats last year's feat of reaching the final of the US Open, which begins here on Monday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... z0PT53FKO6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Cheers CH! :wink:
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

Thanks for the round up CH - glad to see we have got another forward at the club, even if its not the out-and-out striker we all wanted, but hey, there's still time
beckton

Post by beckton »

Cheers CH.

The nswf in the thread title should keep the moaning grays boys happy.

:lol:

btw who is she?
Last edited by beckton on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

beckton wrote:Cheers CH.

lol :thup:
Jarvo

Post by Jarvo »

Perhaps you will now need to do a PG thread to go with the X-rated one :lol:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Jarvo wrote:Perhaps you will now need to do a PG thread to go with the X-rated one :lol:

only done it today because i have a day off :wink: as long as it is ok with utj and the mods i will do it when i can do it. i do not want to tread on any toes :shock:
OsloHammer

Post by OsloHammer »

A rather laid back view of Tuesday's action.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... upton-park

"Fisting" :lol:

"My daughter said it was the best game she'd ever been to, just think they all used to be like that" :D

"If this had happened in South America we'd be laughing about it" Glendenning, you hero!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

beckton wrote:Cheers CH.

btw who is she?

amy diamond :thup:
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

CH, I work at home, am I still allowed to open this thread? I feel guilty.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Memorial Ground wrote:CH, I work at home, am I still allowed to open this thread? I feel guilty.

lol mg :D
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

Yet again :clap: Godd work CH. She is a stunner!
Henry Wilt

Post by Henry Wilt »

As said before, I always look forward to your round up, but today, you not only serve us up GOOD NEWS but you make it even better with the eye candy. Top job Sir. :thup:
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

cockney hammer wrote:

amy diamond :thup:

Do you think she would be interested in going out for a beer with Alessandro Diamanti.. TAXI i will get me coat :lol:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Sorry to be a party pooper chaps but no nude or semi nude images in this forum please.
Jarvo

Post by Jarvo »

Up the Junction wrote:Sorry to be a party pooper chaps but no nude or semi nude images in this forum please.
I guess the Snug is the last bastion for men :clap:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Up the Junction wrote:Sorry to be a party pooper chaps but no nude or semi nude images in this forum please.

no problem boss it was good while it lasted :wink:
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Re: fridays gossip includes west ham

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

are open flap shots allowed... Pardon?
hammerdivone

Re: fridays gossip includes west ham

Post by hammerdivone »

Hugh Jargon wrote:are open flap shots allowed... Pardon?
Absolutely!

**coat**