sundays gossip includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: sundays gossip includes west ham

Post by jaybs »

Someone at West Ham should take the article in The Mirror to the Press Complaints Commission.
tomus

Post by tomus »

cheers CH :thup:

I think the only reasonably unbiased, maturely written articles on the millwall match were in todays sunday times and the guardian. The mirror are a disgrace.
red iron

Re: Modric

Post by red iron »

Dannyboylister wrote:He'll be down to bare bones before long.

They already are according to 'arry :arry:
Boy of 66

Post by Boy of 66 »

Expect old :arry: in his next interview to say one or more of the following :

"Yeh, I like Scott Parker"

"But he's a West Ham player and I don't like to talk about players from other clubs"

"I've always admired him since he was at Charlton"

"He could do a job for us, for sure, but he's at West Ham and I don't think they want to sell"

"We haven't been in contact with anyone at West Ham about Scott Parker, for sure"
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Delighted.
Football Genius

Post by Football Genius »

Poor Modric. Shame really cos she was their best player.

Gutted.

:lol:
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Dannyboylister wrote:He'll be down to bare bones before long.
:lol:
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Are the Mirror Group of papers available on continous soft ply paper? :evil:

They are certainly closing in on the Mail as a worthy alternative to Andrex in our household :evil:
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Sorry if already discussed, but how exactly is making a gesture expressing your hate the rivals of the team who employs you bringing the game into disrepute? It wouldn't have been an inciteful gesture. I don't understand the idea that club officials ought to sit quietly in their seat and maybe smile at their colleagues if a goal is scored. Don't see how him doing it is any different from a fan doing it. Are they all bringing the game into disrepute as well?
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

cockney hammer wrote:
Michael Calvin covers all angles in football's hooligan debate. He spent two weeks monitoring preparations for the Carling Cup tie between West Ham and Millwall. He was on the streets, shared the fears of the travelling fans and saw the violence spread to the stadium. He asks questions of the police and puts into ominous perspective the challenge facing the FA.
Those poor Millwall fans. Travelling peacefully armed only with good cheer and a copy of the bible. I'm glad these poor souls had someone like Mr.Calvin to share their fears with. He should start some kind of support group.
cockney hammer wrote: That thought crossed the mind of several Millwall players during the repeated pitch invasions at Upton Park. Privately, they admit to being scared. They're good pros, family men who've closed ranks.
See? Its not just their fans, its their players as well! True modern day angels. They should be knighted and given an open top bus ride like the Ashes winning team of 2005.
cockney hammer wrote: To declare an interest, I was in and around Upton Park researching a book on Millwall....
Why would you do a book for people who can't read? Must be a picture book.
cockney hammer wrote: Millwall believe Ken Chapman, their widely respected security advisor, was not fully consulted during the planning process. Over the last 18 years he has built up an extensive intelligence network.
If only West Ham had someone like Mr.Chapman, all would have been well. The Hammers fans would have been quietly sipping nettle tea like their Millwall counterparts.
cockney hammer wrote: A group of older West Ham fans, clustered outside a chicken shop on the opposite side of the road, were directing operations on what appeared to be shortwave radios.
Did the police not realise that if there is going to be trouble that the 'chicken shop' is the place it would be directed from?
cockney hammer wrote: I cannot see a logical reason to punish Millwall, but, at the very least, West Ham must play their next home Cup match behind closed doors.This would penalise Gianfranco Zola's players. But let's pause for thought. One day they too may find themselves in a pitch invasion, wondering if football's luck is about to run out.
Quite right too. Personally, I would swap Millwall and West Ham's places in the League. That would teach the hundred or so people who came on the pitch, did nothing and went off again. Its the only language these scum understands, League 1 is too good for them. The Premiership needs proper supporters like those Christian souls from the New Den.
cockney hammer wrote: 1) Why were so few police deployed on the tube network?
Why didn't West Ham provide stewards for the entire tube network for the 24hours before and after this match? Disgraceful.
kielhammer

Post by kielhammer »

he seems like one hell of an investigative reporter, i agree

Maybe he can now after he survived the scare of reavelling with the peacefull godfearing millwall support,travel all the way to Afghanistan,he can then take the higly respected security officer of Millwall (an 18 year successtory by all accounts),and they can both detect the Taliban ringleaders gathered outside a barbershop or something
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Thanks CH.

Just in from a very hard day at work so ...

Modric, well no matter who he plays for its a shame.
Upson to Italy... bugger !! here we are selling our joint top scorer at a time when we can't buy a goal.
The West Ham | Millwall situation ...just put the fat twats who ran onto the pitch in stewarts coats, and make them offical fat twats :crest: ... simples.
Hawaiian hammer

Post by Hawaiian hammer »

Another player eyeing an England spot is Wigan defender Titus Bramble, who has the backing of Latics manager Roberto Martinez.
Sunday Mirror

That has to be one of the funniest things I have read in a long time!!!!
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Has nobody actually been watching Bramble since he left Newcastle?
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

cockney hammer wrote: To declare an interest, I was in and around Upton Park researching a book on Millwall....
http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/page/NewsDe ... 80,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Millwall - more than a game
Posted on: Tue 11 Aug 2009

One of the UK's leading sportswriters is to spend the new season behind the scenes at Millwall, producing what is being billed as a ground-breaking football book.
Michael Calvin will cover all aspects of the club's activities, from the progress of Kenny Jackett's first team squad to the impact of Millwall's community programmes.
"I am very grateful to Kenny and the board for the access I have been given "said Calvin, who has been named Sportswriter and Sports Reporter of the Year on four occasions.
"Millwall was the setting for one of the first great football books, Only a Game, by Eamon Dunphy. The game has changed since Eamon's era, but certain values endure.
Millwall has the feel of a closely knit family. Players, coaches, fans and staff all use the same word to describe the club's basic asset - honesty.
Football can be a cruel game at this level. Players are closer to supporters than they are in the Premier League.
I've known Kenny since we were kids. We were brought up to believe in hard work, and his team, both on and off the pitch, reflects that principle. They are an impressive group."
Calvin, who made his reputation during 12 years as chief sportswriter on the Daily Telegraph, currently writes a column for the Sunday Mirror.
He also works in a consultancy capacity, advising Premier League clubs on football-related health and education programmes.
"I have a great belief in the power of football" he said. "It is more than a game - and that's the title of the book I intend to produce."
Calvin will share his thoughts with http://www.millwallfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as the season progresses.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Pop, I hope you're not suggesting that Calvin had a vested interest in his very pro Millwall newspaper Daily Mirror column. :lol: