saturday's news 12th january includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Re: saturday's news 12th january includes west ham

Post by hammer »

:kumb: cheers cockers (©AGxM) Image
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H. :thup:
MS in the West

Post by MS in the West »

Quotes on Wellington from Sullivan not Allardyce, who calls him a 'wild card'. That is definitely a Sullivan signing which Allardyce is tolerating cos he's getting all the ones he wants (Cole etc)
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

How many times have we told Cole he isn't wanted and he can leave, for him to fight for his place and become an important part of our team again? I know he's not the best striker out there but he's been fantastic for us, extremely loyal and it does pain me to see how the club treat him. Love Carlton to bits, I'd be gutted if he left
hamagram
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hamagram »

Footballer jailed for 12 months after assault

1:30pm Saturday 12th January 2013 in News By Chris Gregory

A FORMER Premier League footballer from Basingstoke has been jailed after whipping a man with a belt outside a nightclub.

Josh Payne, who made two appearances for West Ham United in 2009, was jailed for 12 months for an assault in Guildford.

His co-defendant, Stephen Bloomfield, of Tennyson Way, South Ham, Basingstoke, received a four-month sentence, suspended for 12 months.

Following the sentence, Payne, 22, a former Brighton Hill Community College pupil, had his contract terminated by his current club Aldershot Town FC.

Both men appeared at Guildford Crown Court for sentence.

At earlier hearings, Payne pleaded guilty to assault causing actual bodily harm and common assault, while Bloomfield admitted inflicting actual bodily harm.

The court heard the attack on two men started at 3am on May 7 last year outside the Dusk nightclub, in North Street, Guildford.

CCTV footage showed Payne and Bloomfield chasing one of the victims, who was 17 at the time, down a street, before attacking him.

Payne was seen to take off his belt and whip the victim, who suffered cuts and bruises to his head and body.

Judge Christopher Critchlow gave Payne a 12-month prison sentence for causing actual bodily harm and a four-month sentence, to run concurrently, for common assault.

Bloomfield, 26, received a four-month sentence, suspended for 12 months, with 120 hours of unpaid work. He was also ordered to pay £250 compensation to the victim.

Payne, a midfielder, grew up in Brighton Hill, and signed for Crystal Palace at the age of seven, before spells at Southampton, Bournemouth and Portsmouth. He joined West Ham when he left school.

In January 2011, he signed for Aldershot and scored three goals in 22 appearances.

After the court hearing, the club said in a statement that it had terminated Payne’s contract because it could not condone such behaviour.

It added: “Our players and staff are important role models for our next generation of supporters.”
http://www.thisishampshire.net/news/101 ... r_assault/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Cheers CH. Would be a shame to see Cole leave.
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Sterling wrote:Thanks CH!

So we are going to replace CFC who is committed to WHU, with a load of loan forwards?
Doesn't make total sense to me, I'd want to keep Carlton, at least until the summer
tactics of a pony manager mate.
american 'ammer

Post by american 'ammer »

Post Horn Gallop wrote: tactics of a pony manager mate.
And heresay.
Let's judge Big Sam for what he has actually done, not what paper talk says he might do.
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by Bill »

Doesn't matter who we sign if we persist with the same hoof ball tactics with one isolated striker. We still won't score. I thought BFS was going to be flexible with his tactics, but he sticks with 1 striker no matter what. I heard a Newcastle fan on radio tonight saying they need Nolan back. They can have him based on his performance these last 7 or 8 games. He's been garbage.