saturday's news 14th december includes the mighty irons

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

jevs
Has liked: 473 likes
Total likes: 293 likes

Re: saturday's news 14th december includes the mighty irons

Post by jevs »

Thanks CH, hope you and yours are well mate. BotD are both stunners
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

jevs wrote:Thanks CH, hope you and yours are well mate. BotD are both stunners

thanks mate hope the guppys are well :D
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham: McAvennie wants no Allardyce excuse

Exclusive

by Hugh Southon

West Ham legend Frank McAvennie has pleaded with the fans not to boo and barrack if things go wrong against Sunderland at any stage this afternoon (Saturday).

The brilliant former striker - speaking exclusively to Sports Direct News - admits the team are in the dogfight of dogfights at the bottom of the Premier League.

He may not necessarily be a fan of the often direct football they play but he remains passionate about the club where he became a super start.

Describing today's game as a massive Cup final he said the fans have an enormous role to play in a game that could define the club's future.

Whether defeat - or merely a draw would be the death knell for manager Sam Allardyce is the question exercising most people's mind.

And the Scotsman doesn't believe he's in a position to judge saying: “I can’t tell you what this will mean for Sam Allardyce if he fails to win because I’ have no inside knowledge on how close he is to the owners and the board.

“David Gold and David Sullivan have shown a lot of patience so far. Whether that will continue only time will tell but the Sunderland game may well be a watershed.

“It’s a game we can’t lose. It really is the biggest game of the season. When you look at matches like this in the situation we are in, it is simply a must win match.”

McAvennie unashamedly admits that when discussing the various managerial schools that have presided at the club he is very much in the ‘John Lyall Group.’

And he made it clear he wants to hear no excuses from the manager or anybody else if it all goes wrong on Saturday afternoon.

“Neither I nor the fans want to hear about injuries, ‘bad’ decisions or bad luck. This is Sunderland and all we want to hear is how we won.

“There have been times this season when Sam has given a post-match interview and I’ve sat there thinking: ‘We were at different games mate!

“I get the impression that he may be talking for the benefit of the people who weren’t at the match!”

Having said all that the great man pleaded with the fans not to boo at any stage saying: “These games really are Cup Finals and the tension will be appalling – the last thing any of the players need is that.

“I love the fans and think they are the best anywhere but frustration can creep in and it can be hard not to let it out – don’t let it!

“Whatever our views about some of the players, the manager, the owners and all the rest this is our club and we support it through good and bad.”
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Keep calm and support West Ham

Hammers+Ground‘Keep Calm’! This logo is splashed across T-shirts, mugs, cushions…just about every item you can think off, and though its origins were spawned back in WWII times as positive propaganda for the British people, has there ever been more apt advice for us Hammers fans at these troubled times down at E13?

It’s normal fans behaviour to look for reasons for the problems, and to pin blame on individuals, be they players, managing staff, owners or even the long suffering match officials who probably take more stick than most. We are no different to every other football club in that respect. When things go wrong, we want to see them put right – sharpish – and that’s where the manager earns his corn.

The game of football is a strange one; so straight forward on the one hand, yet add in all the peripherals and unknowns, and it takes on a whole new, well, ball game (sorry!).

Just how do you legislate for loss of form, unexpected injuries, transfer window failures, loss of confidence – individually and as a team – poor decision making on and off the field, and borderline official decisions going against you at crucial times?

For all younger fans, I can tell you with good authority, we’ve been here a hundred times before and whilst I’m sure we would all rather be looking down at the relegation zone from a great, or at least a greater height, we find ourselves once more rolling up claret & blue sleeves and preparing for battle.

At times like this, a club’s support can go one of two ways: supporters can take the positive view and get behind the side or a mood of desperation and negativity can pervade the stadium creating a stifling, and for the players, a frightening arena where the slightest mistake sets the nerves jangling.

Whilst the likes of Mark Noble, James Tomkins, James Collins and Winston Reid will drive on to the bitter end, other lesser-committed souls will, I’m afraid, wilt under the home crowd produced pressure and add to our woes. We can actually make things worse.

Believe me, I fully understand after a fifty odd year love affair with West Ham United that it’s sometimes so hard to be positive and supportive when so many mistakes have been made by those in charge, but when all is said and done, for those critical 90 odd minutes at the Boleyn, we really must unite as one and give the team every ounce of support we can.

The team need it more than ever for the next five months, and irrespective of where blame may or may not lie, it’s West Ham United we all care about, and we owe it to the Hammers badge to do the right thing.

Keep calm and COYI!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Welcome back Ch you were missed mate, thanks for all your efforts for all of us all year under trying circumstances. :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

ageing hammer wrote:Welcome back Ch you were missed mate, thanks for all your efforts for all of us all year under trying circumstances. :thup:

thanks mate just work related that is why i could not do it for a few days just so bloody tired
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Everything BS brings to the Beautiful Game

AFTER yet another scintillating display at The Academy today, this time against mighty Sunderland, I thought it was time I paid BS the full respect he deserves. On reflection, I may have been a tad harsh on him in the past, as many have been quick to point out.

After all, he has enjoyed the considerable backing of many thousands of Hammers supporters for the best part of three years – and, surely, they can’t have all been wrong. It must be me who has been missing the point, failing to appreciate his genius.

So, without the statistical input of any of the eight (yes, EIGHT) full-time data analysts the club now employs to filter a plethora of crucial information to our esteemed coach, I’m now going to analyse in minute detail his immense contribution to West Ham United (and, indeed, football as a whole), in terms of tactical acumen and purveyor of high entertainment . . .

(The End)
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

Thanks CH. Great to have you back!!
Thank you to those who stood in, in your absence too.
Appreciate all you do.