poets day news and gossip 7 august includes the irons

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bonkers

Re: poets day news and gossip 7 august includes the irons

Post by Bonkers »

I don't understand all the BS around the running costs of the OS.

If WHU or another club did not take on the venue it would be draining the public purse considerable more, you only have to look at other venues post the Olympics to see what happens if you don't do something sensible with it.

When we are not using it they will take money by using it for music events and athletics etc. plus the money from % food and beverage sales they are taking.

The jurnos should let it run for a couple of years and show facts not fictional figures plucked out of the air, :thdn:

Rant over! COYI
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

Morning CH, hardly surprised our European adventure is over already, can't see the Irons being so kind on Bilic if he bows out again so obviously next season (should we qualify of course!). Let's hope we get some games in Italy, those birds were rather nice!

Happy poets day and thanks as ever.
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

Bonkers wrote:I don't understand all the BS around the running costs of the OS.

If WHU or another club did not take on the venue it would be draining the public purse considerable more, you only have to look at other venues post the Olympics to see what happens if you don't do something sensible with it.

When we are not using it they will take money by using it for music events and athletics etc. plus the money from % food and beverage sales they are taking.

The jurnos should let it run for a couple of years and show facts not fictional figures plucked out of the air, :thdn:

Rant over! COYI
Quite agree, it seems everyone forgets what a white elephant the Millennium Dome was until we gave it away to people that knew how to make money. Can you imagine if the OS was still empty in 5 years time? The Daily Mail headlines would be outraged at the costs to the public. Pathetic.
Daredevil
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by Daredevil »

Thanks CH.
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup:
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

Cheers CH :crest:
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

Thanks CH as always. glad we are out of europa league a step too far for us at the present time in my opinion.we all expect miracles with bilic comeing in and the move to stratford.but the reality is these things take time.we need to move into the O/S as a premier league side thats the prioriity this season and I think the club are spot on.we will
all need to be patient and wait for the glory days which I rekon are a couple of years away :crest:
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Cheers CH