Olympic Stadium ~ Supporter Consultancy Thread

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium ~ Supporter Consultancy Thread

Post by the pink palermo »

Can't help it mate .Love the club .

I'd even buy Kovac a beer . :oops:
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

App there going to have a travelling display with their plans around east London and essex
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

I'll be sticking to the away games, hope this move don't damage our brilliant away support
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:I'll be sticking to the away games, hope this move don't damage our brilliant away support
That brilliant we can't sell out at West Brom tomorrow in a crucial crucial game.
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

Well the ones that go always put in a shift, but I'm with you on the numbers, surely if we can fill 60000 at home supposedly 2800 can make the trip to West Brom eh :?
MonkeyHarris

Post by MonkeyHarris »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:Well the ones that go always put in a shift, but I'm with you on the numbers, surely if we can fill 60000 at home supposedly 2800 can make the trip to West Brom eh :?
It is a dump though
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

This place is always full of excuses.

If we had such brilliant support you wouldn't of been able to hear a pin drop against Birmingham and we would of sold out against West Brom.
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

MonkeyHarris wrote:
It is a dump though
And a ****ing long walk from the station
barlimanrob
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by barlimanrob »

Been mentioned in the telegraph, £10 million for retractable seating. This was a quote from Populous. Considering the distances in the cold light of day (overlaid onto The Boleyn), I would say that this would be the best £10 million the club could spend.

I also think it would be wrong for an away S/T to be available to those who don't have a home one. Just the principle. We need to show our support, who knows where we'll be in 10 years time?
smfc

Post by smfc »

I'm fairly cynical by nature so I would imagine the £10m means temporary rather than retractable seating. And only at the ends.

I guess we will all find out on Weds when we can see the entire scope of our bid in full for the first time. At which point we really should all pull together to make the best of a bad decision (the only people "winning" so far are UK Athletics).

I'd propose that - for starters - whatever the naming rights pull in 50% of that is spent on the squad over a season. And 100% of it is spent on retractable seating (yes that doesn't add up, but I'm suggesting that SuGo put their hands in their pockets for 50% of the naming rights).

At least then the whole idea might have a chance.
JFK

Post by JFK »

Re building hotel - as part of the Westfield/Stratford City development there are two hotels already been built. The first is a 267-bed Premier Inn and a second hotel with 350 beds soon to be announced.

http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/n ... ss-toolkit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

Wilts journo wrote:Interviewer to David Sullivan: "Lord Sugar saus it won't work."
Sully: "Well he's not always right. I could mention the Amstrad computer."

Nice one Sully
It's not often I agree with Sullivan, but Sugar is much, much less smart than people think. His only business model is 'cheap-n-nasty' and it ends up costing him a fortune. I interviewed him six years ago for the Sunday Telegraph. This is quite a long extract from the interview, but it's worth it, I hope, for the punchline ... Oh, and just for the record, when you meet Sugar in person, he's a complete and utter c*nt.

For all his success as a trader, Sugar has been a very poor brand-manager. He brought word-processing and home computing to the British public. Like every other Eighties journalist, I bought an Amstrad as my first word-processor. But I only bought one. Every single computer I’ve bought since has been an Apple. So why didn’t I stick with Amstrad?

For once Sugar accepts the implied criticism. He sits back in his chair, thinks for a moment, sighs and says, “Good question. I think we kick-started the revolution but possibly, having a trader’s instinct in me I didn’t invest enough in recognizing we should enhance the technology and make it a bit more sexy.”

But no sooner has he conceded the point than he goes back on the offensive. “You are a snobby yuppie in the media industry. You’ve got an iPod most probably. You’ve got everything, right? Well, fortunately for me, I don’t have to rely on people like you, because you are the minority. My customers are the truck-driver and his wife, who are the majority. We can’t cater for people who think like you. “

“There’s money to be made from people like me,” I reply.

“Yeah, there is,” says Sugar. “But we’re pile-em-high, sell-em-cheap people. Jack Cohen would have opened Fortnum and Mason instead of Tesco if he’d thought like you.”

I point to the massive global success of the iPod, but Sugar’s having none of it. “Nah, b*llocks! There’s nothing in it. Every Chinese manufacturer’s got one. This Christmas the iPod’ll be dead, finished, gone, kaput.”

Facts: In the 1980s, the market value of Amstrad was far higher than that of Apple.

In 2007 Amstrad was sold to BSkyB for £125m, a little over 10% of its all-time peak value. Sugar quit the company in 2008 and its former HQ is now a Premier Inn Hotel.

in 2010, Apple's global turnover was in excess of £40bn and the company currently has a share value in excess of £30bn. The iPod and iPhone are arguably the definitive consumer products of the past decade ... Steve Jobs knew there was merit in producing high-quality goods. Alan Sugar lost a thriving company by producing cheap crap.

I have no respect for him whatever.
MEM

Post by MEM »

smfc wrote:I'm fairly cynical by nature so I would imagine the £10m means temporary rather than retractable seating. And only at the ends.

I guess we will all find out on Weds when we can see the entire scope of our bid in full for the first time. At which point we really should all pull together to make the best of a bad decision (the only people "winning" so far are UK Athletics).

I'd propose that - for starters - whatever the naming rights pull in 50% of that is spent on the squad over a season. And 100% of it is spent on retractable seating (yes that doesn't add up, but I'm suggesting that SuGo put their hands in their pockets for 50% of the naming rights).

At least then the whole idea might have a chance.

I think what your are saying here is we give Bennie McCarthy a new £10M contract, stop him training and let him eat what he likes. Wheel him out match days and we can all sit on him.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Thought it was funny yesterday that we announced the new stadium decision on the website, next to an article saying 600 available on the day for west brom!

Ixuppose considering the **** we have served up this season its not massively surprising...disappointing for what is such a massive game
paolo02

Post by paolo02 »

Vote for retractable TERRACING! Demand it! Cheaper, more fun, and don't have to dig down so deep- you know it makes sense!
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

We should have our own 10 point plan and every fan should email it to the club, post it on every forum, set up a facebook page, even a webpage and generally make the fans voices heard, something like this:

1. We want a proper fit for purpose stadium not a bodged athletics arena.
2. We want informative factual communications not verbal diarrhoea about vision and wonderfulness.
3. We want proper consultation with the fans.
4. We want a fans forum consisting of a proper cross section of the fan base, not just s/s holders and bond holders to meet regularly with the club to receive feedback on progress on the O/S.
5. We want assurances that this not just another business opportunity for the board and we won’t find ourselves becoming the plaything of some overseas billionaire anytime soon.
6. We want assurances that things like the Memorial corner at BG wont just be abandoned.
7. We don’t want the plastic castles, giant crossed hammers made of wrought iron would be nice though.
8. We don’t want to be West Ham Olympic, United is just fine.
9. We accept that naming rights are important but how about a poll to have a fans name for the stadium, also let the fans name the stands/ seating areas.
10 We are West Ham United lets not forget that last bit, lets do this together.