Olympic Stadium ~ Supporter Consultancy Thread

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Richard WHUFC

Re: Olympic Stadium ~ Supporter Consultancy Thread

Post by Richard WHUFC »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010 ... ympic-site" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

last ditch effort by the people who don't want to move: "There's radioactive waste under there" :lol:
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

I see.
Kind of hard to judge it on that though :lol:
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

This has been known for a long time. Check the date of the article June 2010. If this wasn't the case they would simply dig deeper into the ground and put temporary retractable seating over the track, wouldn't they?
Deptford Hammer

Post by Deptford Hammer »

There is no way Johnson wil veto this. He stands for re-election next year. He is hardly going to veto our bid in favour of one that will see the Olympic Stadium being knocked down in the year he is trying to get re-elected with all the attendant bad publicity that would generate. He maybe eccentric but he ain't stupid!
freddies shears

Post by freddies shears »

Deptford Hammer wrote:There is no way Johnson wil veto this. He stands for re-election next year. He is hardly going to veto our bid in favour of one that will see the Olympic Stadium being knocked down in the year he is trying to get re-elected with all the attendant bad publicity that would generate. He maybe eccentric but he ain't stupid!

He maybe stupid and uses being eccentric as a smoke screen for being a complete jack ass. We will get his vote for sure.
Wilts journo

Post by Wilts journo »

Interviewer to David Sullivan: "Lord Sugar saus it won't work."
Sully: "Well he's not always right. I could mention the Amstrad computer."

Nice one Sully
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Richard WHUFC wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010 ... ympic-site" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Us in Rainham have been used to it for a while. Does give you a healthy green glow
MEM

Post by MEM »

I think we should go hell for leather to get the last game of next season 2011/12 played in the Olympic Stadium it will be a clear win-win for the Olympic Board, Legacy Company, West Ham and Us Supporters. Reasons:

Olympic Committee ~ they have done a fantastic job bring it all together. They will be spending the next year preparing the stadium for the Opening Ceremony. It will have to go through stringent tests no doubt; volunteers will be brought in to test the infrastructure, utilities, services, evacuation tests, health and safety, catering facilities, while volunteers and ground staff will need to be trained. They may have a soft run with a small event but there is nothing like real thing. Why not stress test it with West Ham selling out a game in May with 80,000 spectators. That way they can be sure that all problems are highlighted and sorted and there are no damaging problems at the opening ceremony and the country can be proud of a great games.

Legacy Company ~ West Ham selling out an 80,000 game will shut up all the doubters and prove they made the right decision.

West Ham ~ Get a chance to bring back the lost 40,000 supporters and also test the stadium with season ticket holders and members.

Supporters ~ We get a chance to see the stadium and have some input to its re-design a full 18 – 24 months before we move in. The antis might even give it a try and if they don’t like it they can have their say and if they really don’t like they can vote with their feet and not buy tickets the next season in Upton Park.

So how do we get 80,000 supporters along…simples We could offer tickets to schools, companies, communities, we could directly market the 600,000 plus supporters on the club database and we should . But I have a better idea and it is vey simple ~ I like ideas where the maths is simple:

At the moment we have 23,000 season ticket holders and 17,000 members, added together that’s 40,000. So why not offer that 40,000 one extra ticket at £X for that game. We could start the offer as early as August and offer one ticket until September. If any are left those people can by another ticket and so on month by month until they are all sold. We 40,000 must all have a mate, work colleague, brother, father, grandfather, son, grandson or god forbid a wife who is a supporter who hasn’t been for a while ~ what a chance to see the first game in our new stadium. I am sure we could fill it no problem~ job done.

And wouldn’t it be great if Spurs was our last game ~ just like then last time we played them in the last game Lasagne Gate in 2006.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

MEM wrote:3) Camapign for retractable seating
Has to be worth a shout. It seems that the final plans are far from being set in stone, although I guess certain parameters might be.

Put pressure on the owners to do all they can to make it as close to a proper football stadium as possible.

One other thing I would suggest. Stop feeding us utter *****. We ain't stupid.
I was just reading Kurvy Karen gushing about where we go from now.
I know she's probably been flitting from one meeting to another, where business-speak takes precedent, and speaking absolute b*llocks with the right buzzwords gets you a lot further than actually speaking plain English in an intelligent way, but I cringed when I read:-
We simply cannot wait to show them around this impressive and intimate stadium so they can truly experience the awe and excitement that all who visit are compelled to feel.
Intimate? Do me a favour.
I stopped reading at that point......
Deptford Hammer

Post by Deptford Hammer »

Do you think we get to take the plastic turrets to the new ground?
lopsidedbunny

Post by lopsidedbunny »

Sell tickets a tenner each you soon fill up the upper tiers

Keep the temporary structure there are loads of building in London that are temporary, take the London Eye, Millennium Dome and those who use it the Gallow Corner flyover on the A12.
case
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by case »

I'd like the club to rent out some of those pod things on the concourse outside the stadium to Ken's Cafe and Nathan's Pie and Eels.

I would also like to see 2 flipping massive crossed hammers made out of wrought iron on the approach to the stadium.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

MEM wrote:At Latst time now to move on and come up with ideas to take to the club ~ afew of mine:
3) Camapign for retractable seating
5) Really consult with the fans
Bit late for those 2.
brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

Away season tickets available without having to buy a home one.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

brownout wrote:Away season tickets available without having to buy a home one.
Gets my vote .
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Post by hadleighhammer »

the pink palermo wrote:Gets my vote .
Thought you were giving it all up? :wink:

Gets my vote n' all.
beckton

Post by beckton »

Nah, you'll have to suffer with the rest of us.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Hadleigh , just the homes .

I'll admit I've not been myself since Weds night on this whole thing .I really am hacked off .
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Post by hadleighhammer »

Just remember when I said I'd need my fix and I'd still have to do the aways, you saying you'd give it all up, end of an era kind of thing.

5 mins after the decision and you're swaying already :wink: