Increase in Revenue from the Stadium

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Antnee

Increase in Revenue from the Stadium

Post by Antnee »

Not sure if this has been covered in detail on any other threads but can't be bothered to trawl through them all!

The new stadium should see a big increase in our revenue so I was just thinking does this mean if all goes to plan (ie. we stay up and the new stadium works well for supporters) we will be raking in as much as teams like Villa and Sp*rs? Or possibly even more?
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 35,00.html
Not sure how far off we are of the rich list at the moment or how much we will rise as a result of the new stadium, but if we do start making a lot more money I would expect that Gullivan would invest a lot back into the team and we could be a lot more competetive in the transfer market.
What does every one think?
WestHamIFC

Re: Increase in Revenue from the Stadium

Post by WestHamIFC »

With many fans refusing to attend Football games at an Athletics stadium with Running Track, one issue that doesn't seem to have had much prominence is this:

- We have to factor in how many Supporters the club would GAIN (likely paying discounted rates), versus how many current Supporters they would LOSE (paying today's full rates).

Depending on how heavily discounted the OS tickets are, it maybe as many as 4 people gained for every 1 lost is required? :think:
mywhufc

Re: Increase in Revenue from the Stadium

Post by mywhufc »

Antnee wrote:Not sure if this has been covered in detail on any other threads but can't be bothered to trawl through them all!

The new stadium should see a big increase in our revenue so I was just thinking does this mean if all goes to plan (ie. we stay up and the new stadium works well for supporters) we will be raking in as much as teams like Villa and Sp*rs? Or possibly even more?
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 35,00.html
Not sure how far off we are of the rich list at the moment or how much we will rise as a result of the new stadium, but if we do start making a lot more money I would expect that Gullivan would invest a lot back into the team and we could be a lot more competetive in the transfer market.
What does every one think?
im sure the 3 amigos will tell you that was their reasons for moving the problem will be if only the current amount turn up and we still have discounted tickets then technically money will be down. i expect 40-45000 for the first few years average. IF we can be successful they might be able to build on that. but only if they stick to the cheap tickets pledge. a lot of tourists go to football in this country. i might not like it but if,,,,sorry,,,, when we are in stratford i can see them being targeted