It's a fix - MUST READ - How have we not realised this?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

BeastieBoy

It's a fix - MUST READ - How have we not realised this?

Post by BeastieBoy »

Seb Coe.- 6th July 2005. Day we won the Olympics bid in Singapore - ****ing CLARET & BLUE TIE

3:30 onwards in the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5oAuiladao

Diving Moleman

Re: It's a fix - MUST READ - How have we not realised this?

Post by Diving Moleman »

Well we won the World Cup so I can see why he chose it.

Is that David Seaman in the bottom left hand corner? Or Anchorman?
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Diving Moleman wrote:Well we won the World Cup so I can see why he chose it.

Is that David Seaman in the bottom left hand corner? Or Anchorman?
Funny :lol: it's princess Anne actualy. I see scum Coe was at Chelsea last night, not converting to a hammer then
WHUTerry

Post by WHUTerry »

You may not like the bloke but why scum? Curious to know your reasoning!
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

WHUTerry wrote:You may not like the bloke but why scum? Curious to know your reasoning!
Scum, He is a Chelsea fan, but the way he backed west hams bid, just so he didn't lose face to the Olympic movement stank to me. He was on record as saying no football will be played at the stadium, this was after the bid was accepted and at planning stage. HE made the promise to keep athletics there not west ham. He only backed our bid to save his own neck, let's see how many times he turns up in Stratford to watch us play. I have accepted the move is taking place, just don't like the way it was done
mattjp
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by mattjp »

mywhufc wrote:Scum, He is a Chelsea fan, but the way he backed west hams bid, just so he didn't lose face to the Olympic movement stank to me. He was on record as saying no football will be played at the stadium, this was after the bid was accepted and at planning stage. HE made the promise to keep athletics there not west ham. He only backed our bid to save his own neck, let's see how many times he turns up in Stratford to watch us play. I have accepted the move is taking place, just don't like the way it was done
He backed West Ham's bid because it was the one that kept the athletics track, which is what he wanted all along. Simple as that. No reason that he should have any affinity to the club at all.