Claret And Blue Seats

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

EastEndIRON
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Claret And Blue Seats

Post by EastEndIRON »

Felt the topic deserved its own thread

I read somewhere that the stadium would not be having claret and blue seats post Olympics - does anybody know if this has actually been confirmed?

We all want this stadium to have a strong 'West Ham' identity and the thought of keeping the current grey seats is just depressing.

I'll even pay to have them converted!

:crest:
BeastieBoy

Re: Claret And Blue Seats

Post by BeastieBoy »

They're not going to replace them all with new ones, surely. If a reinforced plastic seat costs £50 (maybe), then 60,000 seats is an extra £3M. Best bet is that they rip up seats from the Doc Marten's and we end up with something like this. Credit to Sutts07 on the picture thread for this.

Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

Seats will remain as they are thus being neutral for Cricket, concerts and athletics. Sky Blue running track and removable items (ala Bobby Moore screen) will be the best we will get brothers and sisters. Pardon?
mitford

Post by mitford »

how about the new roof in claret and blue then?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Wouldn't be surprised to see us take out the black seats and go white all the way round.
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

On the basis that we are going to get a retractable lower tier, this should be in claret. The upper tier should remain white with a couple of blue stripes all the way round it to emulate our current away kit. No doubt our sponsors will have a massive section within the upper bowl in which to emblazen their name. With a light blue running track this should stamp our mark on this stadium.

Just wished I knew how to use Photoshop and show what this vision...............
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

To be honest i wouldn't be surprised if a lot more happens than we have been led to believed after the Olympics. Everyone, apart from us of course, aren't concerned with anything like this and probably don't want to know what we are likely to do to the stadium. So hopefully when its all over and its time to get it ready for us we have a nice little transformation on our hands, that we can get away with too!!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Mr_Andersonn wrote:On the basis that we are going to get a retractable lower tier, this should be in claret. ..
I missed that official announcement - do you have a link ?
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

[/quote]I missed that official announcement - do you have a link ?[/quote]

LOL - Wishful thinking on my part. I was just day dreaming a little today!
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

f*** all will happen Gold & Sullivan won't wate their money on non essential changes, they will sell to the highest bidder once we get the Olympic Stadium and become attractive and they will take home a massive profit, but of course their still fans. This move is so wrong for our club.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

no chance of this taking place, as the only seats that are being removed are the ones in the way of the extra boxes needed for corporate. There will be 74,000 seats left in place once this is done, at best we will use 60,000, athletics the full 74,000,(in their dreams) cricket will use 73,00,(probe lose the 1,000 for the sight screens) rugby NFL both 60,000.
Official figures from the club that they used at the SAB meeting. The fact that the sports that use only the 60,000 seats all use the field of play just in the middle of the stadium must say that they realise the other 14,000 seats have a view that is so poor that they cant use them and will probably cover them up or hide them behind a screen.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

The weird sculpture that's being built just outside the stadium (looks like the Eiffel Tower on acid) is a rather fetching claret colour - a few tins of light blue might liven it up and make it feel a bit more like home ....
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

David Gold says want claret & blue seats and branding at OS
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

MD_HM wrote:David Gold says want claret & blue seats and branding at OS
Wanting something and actually doing it are two different things.,,he also wants retractable seating he also wants us to be a top 4 team. They have had plenty of time to release detailed plans, yet they hid behind confidentiality with the oplc,spurs for their sins didn't, they still hide behind the confidentiality. If he was 99.9% sure we will get the stadium then he can show us what they are planning, they probably don't know is the answer. Nearly one year on since asking fans to sign up for visits not one club organised visit has taken place, yet newham council in half the time have managed to take groups of residents there.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

mywhufc wrote:
Wanting something and actually doing it are two different things.,,he also wants retractable seating he also wants us to be a top 4 team. They have had plenty of time to release detailed plans, yet they hid behind confidentiality with the oplc,spurs for their sins didn't, they still hide behind the confidentiality. If he was 99.9% sure we will get the stadium then he can show us what they are planning, they probably don't know is the answer. Nearly one year on since asking fans to sign up for visits not one club organised visit has taken place, yet newham council in half the time have managed to take groups of residents there.
Maybe the cosmetics are a given and don’t have to be decided yet, some of them may need to be negotiated.

DG said last night when you walk into the stadium it will be West Ham branded, claret and blue and everyone will know its our home…. That’s good enough to me.

I don’t need to pick the paint, choose the right photo to hang etc…

As for Newham showing residents... how has this been done, on what basis, who?

Until we have it in the bag its a waste of time showing people around and potentially a waste of money if anything went wrong.

He also said they will have a replica statue like the one by the ground now as cant move that one.
manstev
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by manstev »

mywhufc wrote:
They have had plenty of time to release detailed plans, yet they hid behind confidentiality.......... If he was 99.9% sure we will get the stadium then he can show us what they are planning, they probably don't know is the answer.

You need to understand the process. They simply do not know what they can get for the money available. Anything is possible, if the purse is big enough. But as we know, our funds are not endless. Therefore, the tendering process is determining what is viable, and by that I mean design/price/logistic/legacy considerations will all come into play. Once the bids have been recieved/analysed they will know with much more certainty what is achievable, and what is the best route to take. Then, and only then will any kind of public statements be made. And to be honest I don't see this being any time soon, because of the ongoing judicial review hanging in the background.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

manstev wrote: You need to understand the process. They simply do not know what they can get for the money available. Anything is possible, if the purse is big enough. But as we know, our funds are not endless. Therefore, the tendering process is determining what is viable, and by that I mean design/price/logistic/legacy considerations will all come into play. Once the bids have been recieved/analysed they will know with much more certainty what is achievable, and what is the best route to take. Then, and only then will any kind of public statements be made. And to be honest I don't see this being any time soon, because of the ongoing judicial review hanging in the background.
So we might not be able to afford the C&B seating then? As MYWHUFC said, saying what you want and eventually can get are two different things (e.g. Beckham, Hney, Neymar, etc, etc)

TBH though the seat colour is the least of my worries.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

MD_HM wrote:]

Maybe the cosmetics are a given and don’t have to be decided yet, some of them may need to be negotiated.

DG said last night when you walk into the stadium it will be West Ham branded, claret and blue and everyone will know its our home…. That’s good enough to me.

I don’t need to pick the paint, choose the right photo to hang etc…

As for Newham showing residents... how has this been done, on what basis, who?

Until we have it in the bag its a waste of time showing people around and potentially a waste of money if anything went wrong.

He also said they will have a replica statue like the one by the ground now as cant move that one.
How can it be a waste of time showing fans now, they say keep an open mind , wait till you see then make your mind up, once the lease is signed it is too late. Do they know how many fans won't go to Stratford that currently go, no , because they havnt asked. So how can they say they expect 50,000 to go. All they are bothered about is getting the lease signed. Then they will say, we looked at temp seating it was too dear and couldnt be built or dismantled in time, sorry, extending the roof would have meant new lights and just wasn't cost effective, sorry.
If they do go with the Lego temp seating that creates I big side tier either side and squares off behind the goals effectively they will be building a stadium within a stadium, totally defeating the object of being in an iconic stadium because it would be nothing like it inside.
Gold says he just the guardian of the club, the fans are the true owners, yet still not asked the fans on mass what they want.
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

Totally agree mywhufc people thinking we are getting a retractable lower tier are beyond delusional we will have demountable seating.
Gold said the other night at the fans forum there is a Plan B (Staying at the Boleyn) and Plan C, but how can we let them know we don't want this move if they won't consult the fanbase?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

"how can we let them know we don't want this move if they won't consult the fanbase?"

That would be a valid point if the fanbase did not want the move, but from what I can see (the poll of fans on this forum being the most complete) the majority of the fanbase are for the move. So even if they did consult the fanbase, they'd probably find that at least half want to go to Stratford.