Breaking news: Spuds granted judicial review

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Re: Breaking news: Spuds granted judicial review

Post by AJ »

Lolz Spuds have surely opened up a new can of worms by saying they would drop the review if we dropped our case against them.

8-)
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

romfordneil wrote:Who will get a custodial sentence? The investigator or a Spurs employee?
Both it looks like. :D
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1291 likes

Post by davids cross »

AJ wrote:Lolz Spuds have surely opened up a new can of worms by saying they would drop the review if we dropped our case against them.
If the letter exists WHU should make it public to every news agency available.

If.
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Unlike many on KUMB I've never really had that much against Spurs. In fact when I was a kid I used to go over WHL now and then to see a game if we were away. They were just a team in North London. But now the club is being run by the lowest of the low. In comparison I'm starting to warm to Barry Hearn!

The latest revelaton that they wanted us to drop the 'hacking' claims, in exchange for dropping the judicial review case means that they are definately not serious about the OS and that someone at WHL is crapping themselves.

On Twitter one of the more cynical members of the press seems to think WH may be lying on this. The Daves might not be everyones cup of tea but they are not going to issue a statement like this if its not true.

Btw if Levy is found to be found to have procured this hacking, even if he is not jailed, would he be 'a fit and proper person' to run a football club? As an old Spurs (and West Ham) player used to "it's a funny ol' game!"
Last edited by hammers1954 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mightyhammer

Post by mightyhammer »

hammers1954 wrote: On Twitter one of the more cynical members of the press seems to think WH may be lying on this. The Daves might not be everyones cup of tea but they are going to issue a statement like this if its not true

I totally agree, theres absolutely no chance of the board claiming they have this document if it doesnt exist, that would be madness!
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

hammers1954 wrote:Unlike many on KUMB I've never really had that much against Spurs. In fact when I was a kid I used to go over WHL to see a game if we were away. They were just a team in North London. But now the club is being run by the lowest of the low. In comparison I'm starting to warm to Barry Hearn!

The latest revelaton that they wanted us to drop the 'hacking' claims, in exchange for dropping the judicial review case means that they are definately not serious about the OS and that someone at WHL is crapping themselves.

On Twitter one of the more cynical members of the press seems to think WH may be lying on this. The Daves might not be everyones cup of tea but they are going to issue a statement like this if its not true

I think the judicial review will not go in their favour and they know it. But they are definatley more worried about certain people going inside which looks very likely!
Believer
Has liked: 1421 likes
Total likes: 759 likes

Post by Believer »

mightyhammer wrote:

I totally agree, theres absolutely no chance of the board claiming they have this document if it doesnt exist, that would be madness!
Last lies cost us £30m so don't think they are lying...... (he says with fingers crossed!)
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1488 likes

Re: Breaking news - Spuds to abandon judicial review

Post by paulhs1 »

Believer wrote:
According to our statement it is actually worse than that. They wanted us to drop our enquiries and they would drop the fight for the stadium. I'd say that Levy is sh*tting himself now - he must know he is guilty, bang to rights and their club could be in serious do-do regarding all their shenanigans !

The statement has really cheered me up to be honest !!

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20110824/ ... 84_2431058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

To be fair the owners have made a good move here in publicly telling Levy to f*ck off!
Saying that perhaps we should consider dropping the investigation if Spurs offer us £10m for Parker, £2m for Llunga & £4m for Faubert!
mightyhammer

Post by mightyhammer »

paulhs1 wrote:
According to our statement it is actually worse than that. They wanted us to drop our enquiries and they would drop the fight for the stadium. I'd say that Levy is sh*tting himself now - he must know he is guilty, bang to rights and their club could be in serious do-do regarding all their shenanigans !
isnt that known as "trying to pervert the course of justice! ?? :?
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1488 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

mightyhammer wrote:

isnt that known as "trying to pervert the course of justice! ??
I never wrote that!
:lol:
morrisey is a hammer

Post by morrisey is a hammer »

"In response to media inquiries, we can confirm that West Ham today received a document from Tottenham asking us to give up our claims against them in relation to the above, in return for Tottenham withdrawing their judicial review proceedings. West Ham naturally refused.

if this is true we should let the police deal with them and if true i cant believe how stupid they are. they are more or less trying to brush under the carpet illegal stuff they have done then expect us to scratch their back. we should never deal in anyway with these scumbags again. if our board sell parker to them it will show money is king and they have no balls. i would rather give parker to milljank for free than deal with tottscum ever again in any form.
MADMOORE

Post by MADMOORE »

I think its a fuss over nothing.

IF said doucument exists, I would say its more likely that Spurs are about to announce that they are going to stay at WHL and re develop. I would even say that Boris etc are getting annoyed at the whole debacle , it is casting a slight shadow on the whole os.
Once the deal is signed with levy getting what he wants, Tottenham getting regeneration cash it would seem unlikely Spurs will want to continue the "state aid" dispute.
They have nothing to lose on making the offer, I would even say that perhaps they were encouraged to make peace. I would also say that it does not mean Orient will drop the challenege even if Spurs did. So what would West Ham gain ?

As for been afraid ? Who is afraid ?
IF the s*it hit the fan we all know some scape goat will get it in the neck. It wont imo be Levy, no chance.
Probably some poor sod who hired the investigator. Or the investigator himself. Does anyone really think there is an e mail somewhere from Levy saying "Yeah do what ever it takes plant evidence hack phones" etc.
No of course not. I am sure Spurs and Levy will claim innoncence, "We never knew such methods were used and we would never have condoned them, we have made sure that such matters can never happen again". BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I think its SOLD and karen playing up to the fans again, "Look we are suing the scum, never mind about the retractable seats look at this. Talk about this instead, we lost to Aldershot..... Look er we told the scum to stick the offer where the sun don't shine, Yeah......the scum will be finished after this, they are shaking in there boots cause the law says a custodial sentence is possible, yes its more likely to be a community service order and yeah we got relegated but the scum are quaking they wanted our stadium and we fought for it for you.... well some of you....the track will be fine....sue sue sue the scum" etc etc etc
fireman

Post by fireman »

Even if we did drop our complaint surely the Police would continue their investigation if they beilieved a crime had been committed.

And what of the individuals who are believed to be the victims of this? Even if the club did drop the complaint I doubt they will, I know I wouldn't :crest:
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Astonishing....

For Levy to say it to Gold and Sullivan in private might have been a good move particularly if the private dick had written instructions, but to put it in writing is amazing naivete...

Not the first time Levy has been that naive though, remember when he libeled Ferguson at the time of the Berbatov transfer and needed to back off from what looked like a good position because of it...

Absolutely despicable whatever, looks like they tried to strongarm Boris and it didn't work, now this....

What an awful lowlife club, every bit as bad as the Whippet Botherers :thdn:
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

Can anyone clarify our deal with Newham? Firstly WHU have not asked or are getting a loan from Newham. Both West Ham and Newham have set up an entity who will rent the stadium from whoever (The OPLC? The Government? Newham itself??) for 250 years (or whatever). That is securing the stadium for use for multiple events including football.

Supposedly Newhams pledge to the entity is £40mil. Has this been confirmed? All I've read is that it will cost £40mil to refit the ground.
Has anyone actually confirmed that Newham is putting up this amount?
If so, in what form is this being made?
Cash?
Use of services?

What is West Ham's input to the partnership?
Relinquishing Upton Park to the council for development?
The Daves putting up £40mil also?

It seems that this is more of a business partnership rather than a hand out from the council. It's guaranteeing that Newham get back what they put in plus an ongoing share of any profits. That's a better deal than anything Harringay/Boris will get for pumping £100-150mill into doing up an area in Tottenham.

I suppose the question is the legality of the partnership which, in one way shape or form, is using public money. I would think that in someways it is no different from large supermarkets getting planning favours or aid to help regenerate an area when they plonk a big superstore down somewhere.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

I get the feeling that despite what happens to spurs we won't end up at the olympic stadium.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I get the feeling what ever happens West Ham will come out more out of pocket than before with their heads held low and Spurs will come out of it richer & some how better off! :crest:
Yorkshire 'ammer

Post by Yorkshire 'ammer »

Nothing's ever easy with us, is it.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

But no one will ever take our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
gayiron

Post by gayiron »

i think the spuds were going to drop it anyway as it seems they have recieved assurances of the tottenham area getting the enterprise zone award.
they are probably just trying to tie up the loose ends with this offer if it is as stated. think we should calm down a bit as well because they can easily get out of it by blaming the investigator for overzealous investigating outside of remit the spuds gave.