23/2/12 SAB Olympic consultation

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WHUTerry

Re: 23/2/12 SAB Olympic consultation

Post by WHUTerry »

Question for the SAB members. When will minutes be available? Is there someone pulling together all feedback as there was previously. I've got some feedback which I was going to try and share at the meeting but having not been able to attend I want to pass it on but am not sure who to.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2938 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

mywhufc wrote: Why always compare the OS to Wembley,

why not compare sight lines etc etc to what we have.
It's that lack of honesty that troubles me .What are they trying to hide ?

"Have you never been to Wembley ?" :lol:
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Is membership to the SAB still open?
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

Hammers80 wrote:Is membership to the SAB still open?
I think the plan is for new applications to be submitted at the end of each season.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

They could do with a few younger members too, shake it up a bit
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

From what I can find membership appears to be open at the moment but you require five season ticket holders or members to support your application by providi g their membership numbers, emails etc. I only have 2 that I know directly. Anyone able to help me out? I'll do an undercover filming session like the one that caught Romney out if you do (just kidding)
rudeboydubs

Post by rudeboydubs »

mywhufc wrote: I don't want a brand West Ham, a marketing tool to sell this or that, just a football club, that plays football, managed well and run well that pays for itself.
what football club currently pays for itself????? how would you decrease debts in our current ground without spending more money on it improving it?
i think nearly every football club is in debt so i dont understand how, what you want can happen and just suddenly become debt free??
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Hammers80 wrote:From what I can find membership appears to be open at the moment...
Where's that coming from H80? I'm fairly sure you can no longer apply again until next summer.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

You're right, I was reading an article on the official site on my phone and now I'm home have looked on the computer and at the bottom it does say applications had to be in by the end of August.

I might give them a call anyway though
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Until I see plans and/or a mockup I'm struggling to see how the retractable seats work. Either the back row stays roughly where it was for the Olympics and the front row pulls forward, each row moving a bit. But that gives you a very low angle, especially at the ends. Or the whole thing moves forward, with some sort of gap behind it, which runs the risk of blocking the view from the top tiers. I'm encouraged by some of the comments from the SAB but until contracts are let and designs are in I can't help worrying.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

main difference there is that there is a fairly significant lip with the upper tier over the lower tier in retracted mode.....the gap will have to be wider in the OS without an upper tier reconfiguration.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:Until I see plans and/or a mockup I'm struggling to see how the retractable seats work. Either the back row stays roughly where it was for the Olympics and the front row pulls forward, each row moving a bit. But that gives you a very low angle, especially at the ends. Or the whole thing moves forward, with some sort of gap behind it, which runs the risk of blocking the view from the top tiers. I'm encouraged by some of the comments from the SAB but until contracts are let and designs are in I can't help worrying.
I read the entire current Lower Tier is going to be demolished.

Here's how it works for the Stade de France (although I heard that our seats will be much closer to the pitch when extended):

RETRACTED:

EXTENDED:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

I wasn't sure which of the many threads to post this on, so please feel free to move.
A very interesting contribution from Boleyn Ali in last Saturday's OLAS.
Apparently the plans the SAB saw at the emergency meeting are being revised before beingsubmitted to the LLDC.
Boleyn Ali poses the question
"Why show them to us if they aren't the ones being submitted?"
I only have the fanzine in my hand and have no idea if it's available online.
Any other SAB members have any comments?
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Rocketron wrote:I wasn't sure which of the many threads to post this on, so please feel free to move.
A very interesting contribution from Boleyn Ali in last Saturday's OLAS.
Apparently the plans the SAB saw at the emergency meeting are being revised before beingsubmitted to the LLDC.
Boleyn Ali poses the question
"Why show them to us if they aren't the ones being submitted?"
I only have the fanzine in my hand and have no idea if it's available online.
Any other SAB members have any comments?
At the last meeting we were shown illustrations supplied to the club they say by the LLDC.
We were informed that plans should be public in January when PP applied for.
That never took place, next PP meeting is around the 15 feb, we will see if plans are submitted then.
What the SAB were shown were not detailed, so perhaps they needed finishing off.
For the record Boleyn Ali and myself were the only 2 to vote outright No.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2938 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

mywhufc wrote:For the record Boleyn Ali and myself were the only 2 to vote outright No.
Did you ask the ( at least ) 5 other people that nominated you for the SAB their views before casting a vote , and did they mandate you to vote no ?

Of those that nominated me , 3 are in favour of the move .I am opposed .How should I have voted ?

For the record I did not vote yes .
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

the pink palermo wrote:
Did you ask the ( at least ) 5 other people that nominated you for the SAB their views before casting a vote , and did they mandate you to vote no ?

Of those that nominated me , 3 are in favour of the move .I am opposed .How should I have voted ?

For the record I did not vote yes .
Pinky,
I stood outside the Boleyn gates with a big flag that said say no to Olympic stadium while collecting signatures agains the move. That was all before the SAB was formed, I would hazard a guess that those that nominated me knew what I stood for.
I wasn't digging anyone out for the way they voted in the post above.
As for how you should of voted, not for me to say.
There wasn't a vote for yes asked for at the meeting .
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Someone told me earlier that the SAB members have been e mailed asking IF there should be a general poll.

Can anyone confirm this?
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Dear Supporter Advisory Board member,

First and foremost we really would like to thank each and every one of you that attended the recent Olympic Stadium meeting, and Karren and I are very much looking forward to receiving your feedback.

At the meeting, it was agreed that Supporter Advisory Board members would consult with the wider supporter base and report back to the club in respect of the following proposed questions:

· Should the club carry out a supporter poll?

· What are the pros and cons of holding a poll?

· If so how should such a poll be executed?

· What questions would supporters like to see asked in such a poll?

· It was generally agreed at the meeting that were a full poll to be carried out that those eligible to vote should be all Corporate Members, Season Ticket Holders and Match attending Academy Members – do you/the supporters you have consulted with agree that this is the correct criteria to qualify?

My recollection is that at the SAB meeting the discussion was not at all about whether there should be a poll (Karren Brady implied that there would definately be a poll) but just how it should be run.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

brownout wrote:

· Should the club carry out a supporter poll? Yes

· What are the pros and cons of holding a poll? Pro:- the supporters get a say. Con:- The board may not like the answer.

· If so how should such a poll be executed? By email

· What questions would supporters like to see asked in such a poll? Once the plans and conditions have been finalised and agreed by all parties
Are you in favour of West Ham United relocating to the Olympic Stadium?

· It was generally agreed at the meeting that were a full poll to be carried out that those eligible to vote should be all Corporate Members, Season Ticket Holders and Match attending Academy Members – do you/the supporters you have consulted with agree that this is the correct criteria to qualify? Yes

My recollection is that at the SAB meeting the discussion was not at all about whether there should be a poll (Karren Brady implied that there would definately be a poll) but just how it should be run.