Orient as a feeder club

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

JohnLyall
Total likes: 11 likes

Orient as a feeder club

Post by JohnLyall »

It seems Barry Hearn is not going to go away with regards the OS. So rather than fight him why not keep him onside.
Here's a proposal to keep him happy. Orient can become feeder club for us, where we exclusively loan them our young players so they can develop in a competitive league.
They might even start to get decent crowds having some good young players.
To could also extend to some of the young Academy coaches.
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Re: Orient as a feeder club

Post by Heysel76 »

You are Barry Hearn & i claim my 5 shekels
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

No! Just tell him to f**k off! Simples! :D
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Pompey fans mugging off the 2000 Orient at BR the other night with "Olympic Park, your having a laugh"
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

We sent them Mervyn Day, Billy Jennings & Tommy Taylor - what more do they want?
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Not sure why an East London League 2 team should be so derided on here. Imagine if Tottenham fans put up threads after our relegation saying they could save us from 'Armageddon' (sic) by becoming their feeder - how stuck up would we think them?

Sure Barry Hearn is a Grade A twat. I've never forgiven him for closing down the snooker hall in Romford I used to play in. Nevertheless, Orient are a football Club with a dodgy owner like a lot of others. We, for example, may be judged on David Sullivan or Terry Brown or Scott ****ing Duxbury.

I've got a lot of time for Orient. My family talk about walking there from Old Ford in fancy dress on Boxing Days when West Ham were away long ago and there's always been an affinity between our Clubs. I'm not letting Hearn change that.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

Doc H Ball wrote: I've got a lot of time for Orient. My family talk about walking there from Old Ford in fancy dress on Boxing Days when West Ham were away long ago and there's always been an affinity between our Clubs. I'm not letting Hearn change that.
Very well said Mr Ball.
As a schoolboy I used to go to West Ham one week and Orient the next , due to not having much money.
I will always have an affinity with them, sure Hearn is a twat but when did we start judging clubs by their owners? I cant see much difference between him and G&S anyway, both opportunists I would say.
I still try and get down there a couple of times a season, and by the way anyone that saw the two Southend games will verify that they actually play some good football.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

As a Leytonstone boy who has seen the Os more times than id care to admit...these figures are truly shocking

http://www.leytonorient.com/documents/l ... 701511.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice to see Hearn saying that WE will be the death of them !
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

Thanks for posting the link Romford, reading these makes me wonder how BH thinks Orient can even pay the LLDC their share of the rent due should they be given their wish and ground share. The geezer is a total muppet.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Wouldn't Hearn just sell Orients ground if he was awarded 1/2 the OS and use those funds to see him through rent wise until some rich suiter came along with the desire to cash in on the OS dream.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

[quote="Doc H Ball"]

Sure Barry Hearn is a Grade A twat. I've never forgiven him for closing down the snooker hall in Romford I used to play in.

:) LOL!!
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Doc H Ball wrote:.. there's always been an affinity between our Clubs. I'm not letting Hearn change that.

Their muggy fans hate us with a passion, and regularly sing anti-West Ham chants.

Hearn or no Hearn, I fu(king hate that 2-bob club. They invaded Leyton from Clapton so shouldn't even be close to our manor in the first place.

Let's hope my 2nd team, Dagenham & Redbridge, will overtake those (unts in the League pecking order before too long. .
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Georgee Paris wrote:Wouldn't Hearn just sell Orients ground if he was awarded 1/2 the OS and use those funds to see him through rent wise until some rich suiter came along with the desire to cash in on the OS dream.
He doesn't own the ground...Waltham Forest do
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

WestHamIFC wrote: Their muggy fans hate us with a passion, and regularly sing anti-West Ham chants.

Hearn or no Hearn, I fu(king hate that 2-bob club. They invaded Leyton from Clapton so shouldn't even be close to our manor in the first place.

Let's hope my 2nd team, Dagenham & Redbridge, will overtake those (unts in the League pecking order before too long. .
Of course they hate us. Smaller teams always hate their bigger neighbours and I don't have a problem with that. Now it's more us hating them because of one 'orrid bloke which I find myopic.

I go and see Dagenham quite a bit as well - been away with them a few times. They also hate us with a passion and might be said to have invaded Ilford.
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Dagenham, Orient & Southend all hate West Ham - as we are the big boy neighbour.
It is natural and the same all over the country - small club hate big neighbour, big neighbour see them as irrelevance.
But many of us have or do watch one or more of them too.
I'm another that used to go to Orient in the late 70s / early 80s.
I've been to Dagenham a few times too - quite a few West Ham there when they played Millwall! Home fans didn't like it when we sang Bubbles.
I've nothing against Orient and their fans.
Heysel76

Post by Heysel76 »

Doc H Ball wrote: Dagenham........... might be said to have invaded Ilford.
How does that work?, they haven't moved to Ilford, unlike Orient who moved from Clapton!
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

Heysel76 wrote:How does that work?, they haven't moved to Ilford, unlike Orient who moved from Clapton!
As I'm sure you know there was the amalgamation. I was living in Ilford at the time and remember some debate about the name of the new Club and the disappearance of 3 previously famous non league teams. I don't think it gives any rise to hate the Daggers just like I don't think Orient having moved a lifetime ago gives any rise to hate them.

The truth is, of course, that it is the unholy OS mess that has caused threads like this to crop up and nothing whatsover to do with ancient football history.

Anyone remember the Pyramid?
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Interesting read of accounts just emphasises the impact a good cup run can have on the viability and existence of lower league clubs
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

This ain't a game of football manager, proper premier league arrogance.
Heysel76

Post by Heysel76 »

Doc H Ball, I'm sure you a nice bloke, i dunno about everyone else, but that picture of Duxbury makes me wanna disagree with you subconsciously lol