Positives of moving to the Olympic Stadium

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

OllyWHU6
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Re: Positives of moving to the Olympic Stadium

Post by OllyWHU6 »

Haven't really had too much of an opinion on this so far, mostly because i wasn't invited to take part in the poll and didn't get what was actually going to happen, but the more i read about it the less this sounds like an attractive proposition and the more it sounds like it was a matter of pride rather than sense by the Daves, winning the stadium rather than getting a great ground. But who knows what will happen, maybe the winds will keep up destroy the stadium and we can build a purpose built ground with the insurance ;)
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

OllyWHU6 wrote:Haven't really had too much of an opinion on this so far, mostly because i wasn't invited to take part in the poll and didn't get what was actually going to happen, but the more i read about it the less this sounds like an attractive proposition and the more it sounds like it was a matter of pride rather than sense by the Daves, winning the stadium rather than getting a great ground. But who knows what will happen, maybe the winds will keep up destroy the stadium and we can build a purpose built ground with the insurance ;)
Anyone willing to do a job and smash up the track for us? Sacrificing yourself but giving us 99 years of a proper stadium may just make it worthwhile!
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Positive, if the game is dire and your at the back thinking this is ****, you can go over Westfield :thup:

Then get home quicker !

There was talk of moving Stratford to Zone 2, so cheaper fares depending which way your travelling !
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Pop Robson wrote:Positive, if the game is dire and your at the back thinking this is ****, you can go over Westfield.

Then get home quicker !

There was talk of moving Stratford to Zone 2, so cheaper fares depending which way your travelling !
Definately the most positive post yet Pop. :thup:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Pop Robson wrote:There was talk of moving Stratford to Zone 2, so cheaper fares depending which way your travelling !
Would that make getting to the shopping centre from our place on oyster cheaper ?

The £2.90 is killing me ..... :lol:
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Denbighammer wrote: I actually think your right then, a lot of people who have been in favour will get there for the 1st game, look around and be a bit disappointed.
There is a good chance of that happening, we all have an image of what the experience will be like - by the very nature of people some will have expectations that won't be met.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Denbighammer wrote: I actually think your right then, a lot of people who have been in favour will get there for the 1st game, look around and be a bit disappointed.
Then also realise the teams still a bit **** and playing Wigan on a cold Tuesday in February isn't that fun even in a famous Athletics stadium with nice bogs next to a shopping centre with a Cafe Rouge. Then they'll make up some other excuse why they can't attend. Then we're back to actual supporters, rather than consumers bringing their missus for a day trip and some shopping, making up the majority of the matchday support. I may well give it a go when that happens.
Grays

Post by Grays »

Sound's familiar...
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

hadleighhammer wrote:Then they'll make up some other excuse why they can't attend. Then we're back to actual supporters, rather than consumers bringing their missus for a day trip and some shopping, making up the majority of the matchday support. I may well give it a go when that happens.
There are plenty of people on this site that come up with all sorts of reasons for not attending but reckon they will attend the OS; the only reasons I can see being valid are the cost of tickets. Even then, as you say, plenty of those will find different excuses.

If you have an hour long trip (not unreasonable) that means the minimum time you will be away is five hours.
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

Grays wrote:
Sound's familiar...

No surprises there, Grays. Brady has always been very vocal on how well L'Arse have gone about there commercial business, and we have even signed up their commercial guy to head ours, so why would it be a surprise that they use the same "carrots" for the fans to follow like Donkeys?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

To be fair it should be only £10 to watch Arsenal .
1mcavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by 1mcavennie »

None for me as I've had one if the best seats in the BML since it was built, with a brilliant view for £640 a season ticket

Travel to the BG is a doddle

So for me the OS is likely to give me a worse view for more money and a worse journey

Which if true will mean I won't buy a ST so I will join the tourists
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

the pink palermo wrote: Would that make getting to the shopping centre from our place on oyster cheaper ?

The £2.90 is killing me ..... :lol:
An oyster dearer,

although Brady did once about some deal with the railways to get fans in from all over Essex and Kent ...........