Olympic Stadium Planning Application Documents

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Planning Application Documents

Post by MD_HM »

Are we taking for granted they actually know?

There might be several options being considered for pricing/sections etc... But none can be made public until nearer the time.

There are plenty of factors that might change the pricing and who sits where between now and we move.

What league we are in, how well we are performing, if we get investors/takeover, could be a general pricing overhaul of the whole league (similar to in Germany just for example)...there is probably more too; all factors that could change what they decide to do.

They probably have different models already planned for all different scenarios like this but won't release them yet.

I also think they will have to wait until they can get people into the stadium to "try" the seats before selling.

I wouldn't expect actual prices to be released until the season before the move but that's just my opinion.

Do any other clubs have their season ticket prices published for that season yet?
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

A very good post, MD_HM. :thup:
brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

Here's a suggestion just for season one at the OS.
Make all season tickets the same price, 5% more than Band 4 at Boleyn.
The season ticket isn't for a specifc seat but allows you to select seats online on a match by match basis, a week ahead of all other sales.
This would allow people to try out different parts of the ground with fans gradually migrating to areas they like best eg. singers / standers together.
Rocketron

Post by Rocketron »

Another very good post !
'kinell :lol:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Abandon the ST model altogether , abandon all concession priced tickets and sell every ticket for every game for the same price , first come first served .

Stick all tickets for every game on sale one day after the fixture list comes out .

Mates who book early can sit together .The clubs cashflow isn't hurt and everyone has a fair chance of a decent seat at an affordable price .

£20 a ticket .
Rocketron

Post by Rocketron »

And a thirdImage
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

the pink palermo wrote:Abandon the ST model altogether , abandon all concession priced tickets and sell every ticket for every game for the same price , first come first served .

Stick all tickets for every game on sale one day after the fixture list comes out .

Mates who book early can sit together .The clubs cashflow isn't hurt and everyone has a fair chance of a decent seat at an affordable price .

£20 a ticket .
An interesting concept - and arguably a 'fair' model.

The only issue I see is that it would be unlikely to see the same faces in the same sections due to all tickets being on sale at the same time, with some supporters trying to get tickets for one game, some getting them for a handful, some for the whole season etc.

This will dramatically affect the level of atmosphere, which is going to be difficult enough to start with in such a bowl.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

hammers1954 wrote: Therefore, if we have around 20,000 season ticket holders I see no reason why at least the majority of Cat 1 & 2 ticket holders could not be seated in the lower tier.
But surely the vast majority of STHs are cat 3 & 4, being the cheapest.

It is also worth re-iterating that even at the Emirates the lower teir are the cheapest tickets, I wonder if the OS will stick by that pricing strategy?
brownout

Post by brownout »

It is normal for lower tier to be cheaper than upper. If the OS is not the same would it not be an admission that the upper tier is inferior to most football grounds - as some of us have been saying for quite a while now.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

The seats at Upton park are banded the same upper and lower in the east and west stands, its only behind the south stand goal that its cheaper in the lower tiers, the north end is cheap upper and lower, only because its the family stand in the upper tier.I think though at the o.s the lower tier seats will be more expensive than the upper tier wherever you are sitting.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

the pink palermo wrote:Abandon the ST model altogether , abandon all concession priced tickets and sell every ticket for every game for the same price , first come first served .

£20 a ticket .
wizzo_66 wrote: An interesting concept - and arguably a 'fair' model.
:eh: How is "abandon all concession priced tickets" fair? OAPs & Kids paying the same as full-time employed adults??

Also - don't the club obtain credit and make investments secured against advanced/projected Season Ticket revenue??

Not the brightest idea I've seen on here.. (!)
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Pink is right in a sense though.
We have KFAQ every other week whilst adults tickets are 42-59x more expensive depending on where you sit. Our extortionate adults prices subsidise the KFAQ prices.
I always say if the pricing was right then West Ham wouldn't need to throw on deals every other week!
brownout

Post by brownout »

e10hammer wrote:The seats at Upton park are banded the same upper and lower in the east and west stands, its only behind the south stand goal that its cheaper in the lower tiers, the north end is cheap upper and lower, only because its the family stand in the upper tier.I think though at the o.s the lower tier seats will be more expensive than the upper tier wherever you are sitting.
Which would be an admission that the view from the upper tier isn't as good as in a normal football stadium.
Hampshire Hammer

e10hammer wrote:The seats at Upton park are banded the same upper and lower in the east and west stands, its only behind the south stand goal that its cheaper in the lower tiers, the north end is cheap upper and lower, only because its the family stand in the upper tier.I think though at the o.s the lower tier seats will be more expensive than the upper tier wherever you are sitting.
I've posted several times that I thought that supporters like myself will be forced to either accept a far inferior view or pay more for a similiar one in the OS and been insulted by the usual suspects, most of whom won't bother to attend games wherever we play.
Francoisvander or else
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:
I've posted several times that I thought that supporters like myself will be forced to either accept a far inferior view or pay more for a similiar one in the OS and been insulted by the usual suspects, most of whom won't bother to attend games wherever we play.
But they might go to the odd game now and again because they can get home 20 minutes quicker :o
Hampshire Hammer

:thup: Yep, it makes such a huge difference.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Francoisvander or else wrote:
But they might go to the odd game now and again because they can get home 20 minutes quicker :o

If you leave your seat at the Boleyn now on the final whistle you will not be at Stratford in 20 minutes, 30 more like it. Obviously this depends on where you sit, what station you walk to etc etc.

Half an hour quicker getting home is quite a lot when people have trains to catch or are travelling 2 hours to get to games.
NorthBankAlliance

You will still have to walk from the OS to Stratford Station and you will still have to queue.
NorthBankAlliance

Also, and this won't be popular, but if you live hours and hours away from the club then your journey is something you'll have to put up with.
Seen people, not on here, moaning about 5/6 hour round journeys, in that case support your local team!
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

NorthBankAlliance wrote: You will still have to walk from the OS to Stratford Station and you will still have to queue.
Also, and this won't be popular, but if you live hours and hours away from the club then your journey is something you'll have to put up with.
Seen people, not on here, moaning about 5/6 hour round journeys, in that case support your local team!
The walk from the OS to Stratford Station is not as far as the current 20 minute walk from the BG to Plaistow station. Also surely the queues will not be as bad at Stratford due to the size of the station (obviously dependant on what service you are using)

Agree with the last bit, put up or shut up.