Olympic Stadium Planning Application Documents

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Grays

Olympic Stadium Planning Application Documents

Post by Grays »

https://planningforms.newham.gov.uk/onl ... GSXSZ01L00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What it says on the tin...
Grays

Re: Olympic Stadium Planning Application Documents

Post by Grays »

Grays

Post by Grays »

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 800 likes
Total likes: 3013 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Grays wrote:Image
Good work Grays . :thup:

This graphic shows clearly the disaster that awaits the fans. I've said all along the fans are going to get shafted and here's the evidence .

Looking at that picture we can see a few things ;

A stadium within a stadium and a fragmented set up .

The bottom of the picture is clearly where the boxes and Corporate element will be .That pretty much excludes any normal fans from getting seats on the half way line on that side of the ground in the lower tier .Please don't tell me the club will make the Corporate customers sit up the back .

The areas behind the goals are significantly further back than now and I believe one end is for away fans .Segregation issues prevent them being simply shoved up in the gods .I'm happy to be corrected on that .

The top of the picture is the so called "Kop" .It's clear where the gap is between the upper and lower tiers .The lower tier element won't hold more than 7,000 - 8,000 seats .

That means by definition if we have 21k STH's now , at least half will be sat further away in Stratford than at the Boleyn .

There's going to be an awful lot of disappointed fans come summer 2016 .

Shafted by the club we've supported our whole lives .
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

the pink palermo wrote:
This graphic shows clearly the disaster that awaits the fans. I've said all along the fans are going to get shafted and here's the evidence .

Looking at that picture we can see a few things ;

A stadium within a stadium and a fragmented set up .

The bottom of the picture is clearly where the boxes and Corporate element will be .That pretty much excludes any normal fans from getting seats on the half way line on that side of the ground in the lower tier .Please don't tell me the club will make the Corporate customers sit up the back .

The areas behind the goals are significantly further back than now and I believe one end is for away fans .Segregation issues prevent them being simply shoved up in the gods .I'm happy to be corrected on that .

The top of the picture is the so called "Kop" .It's clear where the gap is between the upper and lower tiers .The lower tier element won't hold more than 7,000 - 8,000 seats .

That means by definition if we have 21k STH's now , at least half will be sat further away in Stratford than at the Boleyn .

There's going to be an awful lot of disappointed fans come summer 2016 .

Shafted by the club we've supported our whole lives .
do you take a day off from being doom and gloom? it looks alright! cant see the problem

chairs with arm rests did it say? yes please lol

plenty of good viewing angles and not that far from the pitch... cant see room for a running track there?..
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 800 likes
Total likes: 3013 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

mumbles87 wrote: do you take a day off from being doom and gloom? it looks alright! cant see the problem
So where do you think your seat will be ?

And where is it now in the Boleyn ?
Grays

Post by Grays »

What's doom and gloom, everything stated by pink is pretty spot on?
Concerned of Canvey
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Concerned of Canvey »

Grays wrote:What's doom and gloom, everything stated by pink is pretty spot on?
I agree, there is clearly a middle tier opposite the Kop, I would imagine that is 100% corporate and I suppose part of the lower tier centre will be as well. No different to the Alpari is it?

Almost impossible to guess though until we get firm details.
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

Looks proper smart to me. If someone like Bayern or Madrid had it everyone would say how good it looks.
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

Be good if they could find a standing solution behind the goals, not exactly the hardest engineering feat.
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

the pink palermo wrote: So where do you think your seat will be ?

It was in the Sir trevor brooking upper right at the back for 5 years

then moved to the west upper stand for 2 seasons

when I go now I go either east upper or west upper depending which more central is available

I am tempted with a season ticket after the move depends on if ive paid for my wedding by then or not
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

the pink palermo wrote: So where do you think your seat will be ?

It was in the Sir trevor brooking upper right at the back for 5 years

then moved to the west upper stand for 2 seasons

when I go now I go either east upper or west upper depending which more central is available

I am tempted with a season ticket after the move depends on if ive paid for my wedding by then or not
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Upper tier behind the goal, adults for a £1
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Seats with armrests. I take it that will be corporate only..... (Please)?

Snooze fest.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Your seat being further away at the OS than it is now doesn't mean you won't have a good view, let's not confuse being further away with the standard of view.

I've sat in the last row of what would be the kop side and even back there the view is fine for watching football (unless you have a sight problem) just like the third tier at Wembley is..... Is it further than you sit now, course it is but you still see everything.

I think when fully converted the stadium will work well, I have been fairly pro the move on the whole and having been to the OS as it was the views have never concerned me.

My biggest concern with the move and leaving Upton Park (it being destroyed etc...) is will it be worth it? If we carry on pretty much as we are now then I'd rather stay where we are, if we improve slightly and are challenging for 8th every year again don't see much point, if we find new investment spend 200m and are challenging for the top 4 then I could live with it :D

Asked me 10 years ago and I wouldn't have had that view but football has already changed (died maybe) from what I knew, West Ham and the atmosphere has changed.... So I think let's join the others and have a bit of fun, would you really prefer 9-0 semi final against City than a CL Semi final at the Nou Camp?

Reality is I think that won't happen and despite being pro the move most of the way I now think it will probably go tits up but will be due to lack of investment oppose to the view or having a seat 20 rows further back...
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Grays wrote:Image
Yep, quite like that, my only issue is the 2 spaces behind the 2 goal end stands, but as Gavrosh has pointed out before a rework of the video screens could enable a section of seating in the spaces there in future.
Also, I know why some of the upper tier seats are to be. Screened off due to the Uefa cat 4 status, but if were the club I would be tempted to let them go dirt cheap for all club domestic matches. I'd sit in them if cheap enough.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

MD_HM wrote: I've sat in the last row of what would be the kop side and even back there the view is fine for watching football (unless you have a sight problem) just like the third tier at Wembley is..... Is it further than you sit now, course it is but you still see everything.
I guess it depends on your definition, from the third tier at Wembley I can see everything but it can be difficult to identify players.
MD_HM wrote: My biggest concern with the move and leaving Upton Park (it being destroyed etc...) is will it be worth it? If we carry on pretty much as we are now then I'd rather stay where we are, if we improve slightly and are challenging for 8th every year again don't see much point, if we find new investment spend 200m and are challenging for the top 4 then I could live with it :D
Like you, this is the only reason I can see to be pro the move; that it will generate more investment in the team and see the team challenging for trophies. I switch between believing that it will happen and not.
MD_HM wrote: Reality is I think that won't happen and despite being pro the move most of the way I now think it will probably go tits up but will be due to lack of investment oppose to the view or having a seat 20 rows further back...
This is what I am afraid of, we will see the same situation as has always been true at West Ham; minimum investment and limping along with lots of "might have been moments".
Grays

Post by Grays »

It's mental people think an extra 19,000 seats will see us competing for the top 4.
Also you can't expect income to go up and ticket prices to go down, no chance of that.

As much as people think the OS may attract investment I can see it putting a few off.
Income from tickets, naming rights and other events will always be limited compared to other grounds.
WHUJohn

Post by WHUJohn »

Grays wrote:It's mental people think an extra 19,000 seats will see us competing for the top 4.
Also you can't expect income to go up and ticket prices to go down, no chance of that.

As much as people think the OS may attract investment I can see it putting a few off.
Income from tickets, naming rights and other events will always be limited compared to other grounds.
The 19k seats won't, but the corporate coud if used properly.

Which of course it won't be by the current regime as tey are completely out of their depth where this type of top tier ( pardon the pun ) business is concerned.
@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

Can someone with the expertise please overlay the current Boleyn Ground onto this image so we can SEE differances etc.

I currently sit Row V in Alpari Lower and love my view, i will most likely opt for the Kop in new ground.